• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you prefer? Misty, Dawn, or May?

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
    In my case Misty (duh) I like her for quite a few reasons one is that she seems to be intelligent which the two who came later than her seem to lack in quite a few ways. Another one is that I feel as though she added quite a bit to the series such as some rather meaningful interactions with Ash and Brock along with being a mentor and also the voice of reason keeping Ash and Brock from doing stupid things and without her the show just is not worth watching to me. I along with quite a few other people all over the world miss her and giving that the show is starting to fall on some hard times ratings wise returning Misty to the main cast would be a smart thing to do since May and Dawn just don't seem to have as significant a fan following as Misty does it could possibly be because Misty was on the show when it was at the height of its popularity and May was on the show when it started to wane significantly and Dawn is on the show today when it could hit its lowest ever.

Too bad Bulbagarden is down right now, because your little "doomsday" prophecy has already been skewered to death and the evidence on Bulba is astounding. Pokemon is still in the top 10 of anime, and unless you're an utter dimwit who thinks that only about 10 anime exist currently (which, unfortunately, someone actually does think), it is far from a sign of ratings going through hard times.

P.S. If Misty comes back as a main character I will cry. And blackmail isn't very pleasant.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    In my case Misty (duh) I like her for quite a few reasons one is that she seems to be intelligent which the two who came later than her seem to lack in quite a few ways. Another one is that I feel as though she added quite a bit to the series such as some rather meaningful interactions with Ash and Brock along with being a mentor and also the voice of reason keeping Ash and Brock from doing stupid things and without her the show just is not worth watching to me. I along with quite a few other people all over the world miss her and giving that the show is starting to fall on some hard times ratings wise returning Misty to the main cast would be a smart thing to do since May and Dawn just don't seem to have as significant a fan following as Misty does it could possibly be because Misty was on the show when it was at the height of its popularity and May was on the show when it started to wane significantly and Dawn is on the show today when it could hit its lowest ever.

ill agree wit u that misty added more to the show then may. but, personally, i thnk dawn kicks the **** out of misty because dawn jst has a more realistic personality. if u remember misty, she was the hot head and hated losing and blah blah blah stereotypical tomb boy. but she was also a person who really would do anythin for anybody. she risked her life for ash a million times. evn if she hated losing on a "against ash" term. everywhere else, she took it in stride and was very wise about losing. dawn, on the other hand, isn't the "wise" voice that "keeps ash and brock from doing stupid things". she gets depressed when she loses and she gets really pissed off at her pokemon (and ash) sometimes. u can think of it as misty being older then dawn but u gotta remember that misty was still only 11 or 12. yet she acted like a 25 year old. dawn is 10 and she acts like she is ten. she has fits, she cares about seemingly minor things such as appearance (which is something that misty hardly evr cared about).

Also, if they brought Misty back, it would be for one reason: to further her and ash's relationship which could go VERY badly for the company and story line depending on how they do it. As much as everyone wants it to happen, having a relationship in the pokemon series really wouldnt work.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    My vote goes to Miss Dawn.

She seems like the most likable female lead, as well as the most... hmm... realistic? She acts like a girl her age, even though she doesn't look like it (but that's the illustrators' preference, I guess). I did not like Misty, and I suppose May gets credit for being the first Coordinator female lead but other than that she is just way too shy, and her voice sounds quite bad.

Dawn, I think, is a better mix of personality than Misty and May (the two 'extremes').

Judging by the amount of people who like Dawn (and the arcs as a whole), I think the anime is really recovering from the Hoenn saga - what I consider to be the worst region, and arc, and game, and idea, ever.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I think Misty. She's had the most character development, after all. At first she was a violent tomboy, but now she's shown that she also has a sweet, caring side. She's also developed romantic feelings towards another main character. Not suddenly loved him, developed them after being around him so long, which is a good thing.
    So, while the others have their merits, Misty will always be my favourite out of the three. ^_^
    xX

Back