• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you think controls the gaming market right now?

Who controls DUH market?

• Nintendo

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Sony

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Atari SQUEE!!

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

John Denver

Banned
Years
  • And I'm talking about RIGHT now, who do you think controls the gaming market?

I'm talking about the CONSOLE market...not handhelds, computer crap...

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
  • I think is sony. The ps2 is selling like if it was a new game console(at least where i live.) I would have said nintendo, but without the handhelds their sales will go a 70% down.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Definetely Sony, without handhelds being counted, yea Sony, Xbox only has pretty much Halo, whereas PS2 has all sorts of fun stuffs.

Kurosaki

Sony first, Nintendo second, then Microsoft last. (pfft, Microsoft doesn't even deserve to be referred to as being in the gaming market. Woohoo, Halo, a first person shooter rip-off! :P)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Right now...

Sony

All you have to do is look at sales. Fwoosh. Followed by Microsoft, and then Nintendo.
    Japan, Sony still prevails, but then Nintendo's doing better than Microsoft.
    But, the clear winner, no matter how you look at it is Sony no matter what. They have everything on there. Games for everyone and mature games (leaning a little more on that side), unlike Microsoft where it's mostly mature games or Nintendo which is mostly games for every (both of those example have exceptions of course. Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Resident Evil 4 respectively).

But, yeah, it's Sony. All three made mistakes, but Sony played all their cards right.

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
    Years
  • yeah but you can get GTA on the PC and Xbox.

You can't just put it down to a game especially on the playstation all the good games you can get on either Xbox, PC and sometimes the cube.

Oh yeah you think liking linoone is bad? I love smeargle I have a blooming smeargle poster and it's the best poster in the world!!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Mostachon said:
    Sony, GTA is the reason for that*faints*
    GTA is also on the X-Box. O_o

Console sells: Sony
    Money Maker: Nintendo
    Paperweight: Microsoft (I had to throw that in there XD)

Sony does sell more consoles then Nintendo and Microsoft. But Nintendo does make more money off their consoles then both Sony and Microsoft (I think not long ago Sony did turn a profit on the PS2 because prices and stuff in the PS2 went down so they are making some money now off the PS2).

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Atari. If Atari wanted to, they could use their time machines, go back in time, and never invent the original console system (shoot me if I'm wrong on this and somebody else developed one first, my history of games isn't so sharp). So they have a huge amount of control right now. If Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft pisses them off enough... POOF! It's all gone and nobody even remembers their existence! That's what I call control.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • ryan said:
    Atari. If Atari wanted to, they could use their time machines, go back in time, and never invent the original console system (shoot me if I'm wrong on this and somebody else developed one first, my history of games isn't so sharp). So they have a huge amount of control right now. If Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft pisses them off enough... POOF! It's all gone and nobody even remembers their existence! That's what I call control.
    WOW, that is control. Too bad time machines don't exist...
    Maybe Atari controls the console market in their imaginations.

DragonsCanBite

Ancient Member
    Years
  • I'd go with sony, then microsoft, then nintendo.

Sony: They seriously CONTROL the console gaming market. The PS1 was a good system back then, and for its time, it was one of the best. Then the PS2 came out and blew Nintendo away. Compare Sony to Nintendo, Nintendo had games that were for the younger ages, and then look at sony's games. Games for all ages, hardcore, simple, awesome, you name it, they had it. Nothing could stop them from mastering the Console market.

Microsoft: the Xbox was one of the best-selling systems, but couldn't outsell sony's playstation 2. Most games that came out on the playstation2 came to the xbox. In other words, sony's PS2 always came first. Microsoft came second. But because they're for all ages, too, so they are way ahead of nintendo.

Nintendo: Childish games for children. The gamecube came in last because they didn't look at age variety, they looked at the 5-10 age group, which really puts them behind. Some games they release still have solid gameplay, though.

Back