• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who else names their Pokemon?

Meezu

Stealing your food since 1994
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2013
    I've only ever had a few that I DIDN'T name, and they were all legendaries. Every other Pokemon, regardless of how much I like or dislike them, gets named!
    My current three favorites are all eeveelutions; Jolteon (Vertex), Umbreon (Lavender) and a Vaporeon (Otter).
    I think it adds a level of affection for those teeny little sprites, almost like having pets.

Or maybe I'm just crazy ;P

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
    I used to nicknamed all my catch when I started to play...
    Now, I only nickname those I wanna battle with and the more important ones ;)

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I nickname all my Pokemon. Even if I can't think of a good name, I'll think of something random. ^^;

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    i nickname the favorites of my teams, unless they'd been traded over. :/

I named my Mamoswine "Mamalicous" because she's the best Mamoswine ever ever.
    :P

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    [Delete this post please, The forums started sucking on me and posted it twice...]

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2007
    I nickname several of my pokemon because it's fun~ [and I'm a loser x3] I mostly nickname my pokemon after foods and desserts =3

Years
    I've only ever had a few that I DIDN'T name, and they were all legendaries. Every other Pokemon, regardless of how much I like or dislike them, gets named!
    My current three favorites are all eeveelutions; Jolteon (Vertex), Umbreon (Lavender) and a Vaporeon (Otter).
    I think it adds a level of affection for those teeny little sprites, almost like having pets.

Or maybe I'm just crazy ;P

Lavender would of been a better nickname for an Espeon.

I used to nickname my party on LG so that some letters were numbers.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'd never do that (except when I trade over GTS or with Game person)

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    yeah, i name all my pokemon! My favorite is piplup named lil'hitman. XD. a few others i can remember right now are sharpshot the tyranitar, skyskimmer the pidgeot, and whirlpool the feraligatr.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I nickname all of my Pokemon after there Japanese names or what they look like and translate into Japanese. Currently right now I'm catching all of the Unowns and givening them the Japanese Pokemon names

:t354:TG

Back