• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who have you had the most trouble battling so far, if at all?

Years
  • I was just going through the elite four again (for like the upteenth time to raise some pokemon to their final evolution) and got STOMPED by the Gyrados of the Water leader. That thing used Dragon Dance twice and obliterated some my team (I had no tank or recovery setup pokemon on the team, but it was still pretty rough and soul-shattering). Have you guys run into any problem with any trainers or specific Pokemon in general? Do you even think that most of them were too easy? In particular what's possibly your view on the sky battles, and the fact that it limits you to just using your flying pokemon only?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • None of them posed any threat to me, sad to say.

I find the Elite 4 unchallenging that they do not increase in level the second time you fight them again, too.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    The first gyms gave me some trouble but as I got better pokemon and overleved with Exp Share, gym leaders did not make it past my Tyrantrum. I'm trying to battle with weaker pokemon on my team like my Sliggoo and Clawtizer. I'm thinking of dropping some current pokes on my team for fresh new pokemon.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I stayed under leveled the whole game to the point where WILD Pokemon were a challenge for me.

The Fairy Gym was impossible untill I caught a Wild Scoruppi to cast 2 Toxic Spikes. The Bad Poison made the difference allowing me to win.

The Psychic Gym WOULD have been impossible, except I evolved that same Scoruppi just in case and Used it to clench a narrow victory.

Even at low, low levels The Grass Gym was a fart in the wind.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    With exp share getting its huge buff in this game...nothing was a challenge. I mean, my event blaziken was probably overleveled by 10 levels and wiped everyone with OHKOs. :D

Years
  • Nothing's been a great challenge so far but having said that I do still have 3 gym badges left to get. I think I may need to level up some different pokemon types otherwise I foresee me struggling a bit.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The water Elite 4 member and the last two battles with the leader of Flare. Mainly the Gyarados they had, because how my team was.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Clemont is one of the toughest opponents that I've faced in the game. At the time I was battling him, my team consisted of only Talonflame, Wartotle, and Quillidin—all of which were extremely weak to the gym leader's Pokémon. Emolga would definitely have to be the hardest. It had access to Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, and Volt Switch. Quillidin is a grass-type, and grass-types are super-effective to flying attacks. Due to that, with only a few Aerial Ace, Emolga was able to take out Quillidin quite easily. Talonflame and Wartotle are both vulnerable to electric-type hits; with a couple of Volt Switch attacks, both of them had fainted in an instant. Thanks to his Emolga, Clemont was able to defeat for about five to six times in a row. Magneton was pretty hard, too. Out of my team, the only Pokémon that was able to have it taken down was Talonflame. It had a few fire-type attacks in its moveset, which Magneton was super-effective to.

It's taken me an extremely long time to finally have Clemont defeated. xD Whenever I managed to put him to the ground, he would rise back up in an instant. I found it to be quite frustrating. My Pokémon are a lot stronger now, though. If I battled him again, he definitely wouldn't stand a chance against me. d:

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I just beat the fifth gym and my Pyroar and Hawlucha are obliterating everything, i have done all the challenges and beat the gyms all in 1 go through

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • That damn water elite 4 member, if you're not prepared his gyarados can set up with dragon dances and kill anything. His barbacle had nice coverage for weaknesses though.

If he counts, Zygarde was hard because he was a modest nature so STAB dragon pulses hurt especially with the special attack boost.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • That damn water elite 4 member, if you're not prepared his gyarados can set up with dragon dances and kill anything. His barbacle had nice coverage for weaknesses though.

If he counts, Zygarde was hard because he was a modest nature so STAB dragon pulses hurt especially with the special attack boost.

I can speak for that dang Gyarados. He took out 4 pokemon and almost my 5th and I got a crit in and killed it. By far the hardest E4 member I have ever faced in the games. It was mainly because my team was the following:

Krookodile, Lucario, Blaziken, Greninja, Aegislash, and Charizard.

Heck I had trouble with every dang Gyarados in the game.

Years
  • I can speak for that dang Gyarados. He took out 4 pokemon and almost my 5th and I got a crit in and killed it. By far the hardest E4 member I have ever faced in the games. It was mainly because my team was the following:

Krookodile, Lucario, Blaziken, Greninja, Aegislash, and Charizard.

Heck I had trouble with every dang Gyarados in the game.

Yeah, I really hated the Gyrados throughout the game... Except for when I felt like using my Raichu, then it was just a OHKO

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • The man hiding in a bird costume PKMN, Hawlucha. Hate it when NPC have one in their party. Dat speed + the majority of my team is weak against the fighting type.

Years
  • One battle that was just infuriating for me was this one Sky Battle. I don't remember exactly what happened, but my Crobat had left this Wingull at 1 HP and it used Attract, and things got stupid as heck. I wasted at least three Soda Pop in that battle alone. It was the first battle I actually used any items in.

As for the Gym Leaders, the only one that really caused me any notable trouble was Grant, because I accidentally led with my Axew when I meant to start with Chilladin, and his Tyrunt got a critical hit on said Axew.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Every Pokemon the water-type Elite Four member had (the E4s of this gen had some weird names) EXCEPT for Gyarados. Surprisingly, one-hit KO from a not-so-overlevelled Vivillon (it has outstanding IVs apparently). The worst, however, was the fire-type E4's troll Chadelure spamming Confuse Ray. Never did Pokemon Amie, so my Pokemon kept hitting themselves. It was hell. But the Champion was even easier than the 6 Magikarp trainer near Coumarine.

Back