• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Here Hates the Pokemon Anime?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I used to LOVE the anime. I love love love the first and second season, and then it just kind of went downhill for me. I watched the first two seasons like 5 times in total when I was a kid, I just couldn't get enough of the episodes even though I'd seen them over and over, but with the later seasons I just lost interest. Not because I got older - I'd love to watch the first two seasons again and I actually started to do that a while ago.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
  • I loved it when 4kids did the voices and writing........-.- it was more insterestingbut Black and White i never saw because of D**n Cartoon But-lickers i mean Network.

while the storylines for BW haven't been that bad (I honestly actually think some are even good), Ash has been complete rubbish at his game for 5th region currently running. *mfwthereisnosmhemoticon*
    WHY HASENT HE GROWN UP GAWD. Atleate there are negros in BW :)

Last edited:

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I hate it. It has too munch boring filler episodes. And the plot is bad. And I hate the fact that it could be good like PokéSpecial, but it is ruined by plot and lack of it, Ash never leaving and stuff like that.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • Not me, because I don't go onto a forum that I'm not a fan of. Seems like a waste of time.
    Pretty much this.

I don't have the same passion for it that I used to but to hate it seems silly - it's never done anything terrible to me. After all the fact that I'm still posting on a pokemon anime forum online (no matter how infrequently) shows that I still have an interest in it.

Nepse

Dragonite<3
    Years
  • I don't hate the anime, per se, but rather the TPCi dub. I agree that it must have been what gave Pokémon the "only for kiddies" reputation. I personally blame the "new" dubbers, though, considering this is not the case in Japan. As a matter of fact, if you ask someone who thinks it's only for kids: What is Pokémon? I am 99% sure they will answer: A cartoon. So to sum up: I like the original japanese and the 4kids dub, but I REALLY hate the "new" dub.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • Personally, I actually quite like the Pokemon anime. Sure it may be cliche at times (Okay... A lot), but I find it genuinely entertaining to watch.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • It's recycling the same Arceus forsaken plot over and over again.

Kids, if you want to watch an anime about monsters that DOES NOT do that.. Go watch Digimon or something! Especially since the monsters TALK!

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • It's recycling the same Arceus forsaken plot over and over again.

Actually... It pretty much stopped doing that after Season 6...

Seasons 2-6 were a really low part for the anime I think since it was almost the exact same plot the entire time. (Also, the Larvitar arc was horrible)

From Season 7 and up, I noticed that there are actually different objectives, the contests were nicely done and original, and there were other enemies besides just Team Rocket. So things got much more interesting.

TardisHobo

piranhapunk
    Years
  • The first few seasons were good, I watched it all the time. I started watching less and less as the years went by, but when they changed Ash's voice actor, I stopped watching completely. I still like the movies, though. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Actually... It pretty much stopped doing that after Season 6...

Seasons 2-6 were a really low part for the anime I think since it was almost the exact same plot the entire time. (Also, the Larvitar arc was horrible)

From Season 7 and up, I noticed that there are actually different objectives, the contests were nicely done and original, and there were other enemies besides just Team Rocket. So things got much more interesting.
    It gotten worser with season 6 and season 7 was ok but it wasn't all that great the contest were ok but they weren't original are all that great but ok, Team Aqua and Team Magma were a poorly handled team in Hoenn and Team Rocket were the best in Kanto and Johto but they were dumb down for the AG and DP series to the point they became a bland joke.

(The Larvitar arc was pure gold ) Seasons 1-5 were the golden year's of Pokemon. Hoenn was a step down from the good old days of pokemon but it was ok, Sinnoh made Pokemon become a terrible series.

It did gotten a lot better with the Unova series and it have the original feeling to it just like the OS Kanto had in season 1.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • It did give it the "kiddie" reputation, since the show is for kids and the game is for everyone (and makes it known with undertones of death, sex, and teenage/prepubescent yearnings), but I don't think that's any reason to hate the show. Trust me, you don't hate the show; hate is a pretty big extreme.

I don't like it anymore, my favorite seasons were the pre-AG ones, though AG's not bad either. I definitely stand on the point that the first season is my favorite, though.

Years

I like the first 2 seasons of Poke'mon. It set a standard for anime fans in the U.S. and literally brought anime to the public there in a way that hadn't been seen before. Coupling it with the gameboy versions. If the show had not been present then the game would not have had as much footing. Also in Yellow Version they wanted to better simulate the anime's experience. And i think many Poke'mon fans would agree that Yellow version was a great success for the franchise. I really enjoy the first handful of movies that they made as well. I don't care to much for the newer generations. especially after they replaced Ash's voice. It really was a terrible switch. And everything is done more though the computer which loses it touch. A big part about the show that i liked is that it was very well animated. Strong color choices with Ash wearing blue contrasting to Pikachu's yellow. I heard that Jigglypuff was about to be the main poke'mon sitting on Ash's shoulder. That would have failed. big time. for the obvious reason that Jigglypuff is pink and naturally a feminine color. nothing wrong with that of course. But Pikachu being a gender neutral Yellow was a very smart choice.
    Anyways, I think the anime series and the game go hand in hand with the success of Poke'mon and I don't think it should have gone any other way. There are lessons to be learned when playing the game that reflect in the show. It teaches teamwork and responsibility to impressionable youth to this day. when there is so much crap out there influencing kids to continue to yell just to be loud. It makes me relish the old programs and sit here content that I was lucky enough to be exposed to Poke'mon throughout my life.

peace out.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • Don't like it anymore. Maybe I grew up, but meh... I still like to re-watch the olde episodes. I dislike the anime a lot currently, just because I find it rather stupid.

fuz

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2012
    I've noticed there are lots of Pokemon factions. Those that love competitive battling and those that like the anime. I love the first season of the anime and some of the orange islands episodes. Maybe some of the GSC episodes too.

Other than that, most of it is filler.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    First five seasons where the best, I've seen all their episodes, Hoenn I didn't enjoy that much and Sinnoh I hated with a passion! But Black and White seems okay for now, despite his skill restarting and pretending that this is his first adventure...

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i love the anime series, but the only thing i hate about it is that they rarely air it in my country, and if it does, its usually in the early morning when theres school or once a week

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't hate the anime. But I hate the Sinnoh saga. It's awful and childish especially the plot. It repeats over and over and over...and Dawn is annoying with that annoying phrase of hers: "NNTW" (No need to worry) and her Piplup is also annoying. Ash's personality is just ..ugh and Brock's girl loving obsession got old a long time ago. And Team Rocket's plot to steal Pikachu got old even longer ago. And...not to mention how long the fillers drag out for. That filler gap between the 7th and 8th gym was unbearable for me. And, finally most of the rivals (especially Zoey) urked me to no end.

So, yeah I hate the Sinnoh Saga for many reasons.

Years
  • Right, I would just like to say I am sick to death of these kind of threads and "the anime is what gives pokemon the "kiddy" image" and crap like that. I don't give a damn what you, the OP, think or what other certain people think. If you don't like the anime then keep your snotty opinions to yourself and stay away from the anime section..

Back