• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is ❖?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    Prologue

Right, so, um

It seems like I should be here.

Not, like, physically here, not sitting in my basement pretending to be some bigshot roleplayer and weeping on my cat the whole time.

But here, that is to say, the noob board. Argumentum ad numerum.

I just registered and whipped up an avatar so naturally the next step requires me to be here. Because it's best not to go against the grain, of course:

Chapter 1: About the Author.

I'm ❖.

My interests… what are my interests? I don't want to say history, because I'll seem like a loser… and I should probably tone down the whole "music" thing because I'll quickly run out of things to say… Guh, I like politicking. And video games: Earthbound, Pokémon... I'm very good at Super Smash Bros. Brawl for some reason.

There are so many potential paths for my future, that to say "I might major in International Relations" or "It'd be cool to be some kind of diplomat" would be so incomplete as to be totally unacceptable. So please don't ask.

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. Er, no, that's not it. Uh, let's see...

In my younger days I used to sport a shag. When I went to school I carried lunch in a bag with an app--

Whatever. As you can see see, I am a complete failure. Technically, literally. Everything I've ever tried or even attempted to do has gone down in flames. For each measure of effort I put in, double that measure of failure is returned upon me.

Once, for example, I wanted to accomplish Action 1. I wanted to avoid Action 2. I thought, "If I try to fail Action 2, and I fail at failing, I should succeed at Action 1! Hoho! Instead, I accomplished Action K, thereby failing at success and failure. Simultaneously.

Also, I shot a man on the county line. If only you could have seen his wild, white eyes as he floundered like a man in fire or lime... I watched him through the desert's sandy air, through that same dust sticking to his blood, presently ceasing its slow filling his lungs. As under a brown sea, I watched him drown. In all my dreams, before my helpless sight, he plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning. LOLJK

Chapter 2: What Does This Mean?

I am willing to offer whatever knowledge I may have available. The internet fascinates me. I would be considering a career in computers, except then I wouldn't have any free time to spend online. My world wide web needs me. As you can see, I choose my words carefully. I have diction, durn it.

As an American, I feel an undeserved sense of entitlement.

I enjoy writing, or, more, creating fictional friends for myself, and many of the ultimately useless facts I've learned in the past year or so are a direct result of research for these fictional friends. Oh, god, I'm so lonely. On a similar note, I've selected a group of approximately ten historical figures that help to guide many of my difficult decisions.

However, I have no difficult decisions. Hm. Yes, everything comes easy for me, my life is a breeze, and I am sure to be happy, healthy, and filthy rich for the remainder of my days. Yeah, I know everything. I enjoy everything. Just bring up a topic, I'll talk for days. You'll just have to seethe with your inherent inferiority.

Epilogue: Everyone Cool Dies At Age 57

If ❖ is too hard to spell, I also respond to ❖.

What I'm trying to say is, this introduction is really a subtle cry for help.

I suppose I can only hope that you (yes, you specifically) and I (this charming persona I've created) can get to know one another better.

If nothing else:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Prologue

Right, so, um

It seems like I should be here.

Not, like, physically here, not sitting in my basement pretending to be some bigshot roleplayer and weeping on my cat the whole time.

But here, that is to say, the noob board. Argumentum ad numerum.

I just registered and whipped up an avatar so naturally the next step requires me to be here. Because it's best not to go against the grain, of course:

Chapter 1: About the Author.

I'm ❖.

My interests… what are my interests? I don't want to say history, because I'll seem like a loser… and I should probably tone down the whole "music" thing because I'll quickly run out of things to say… Guh, I like politicking. And video games: Earthbound, Pokémon... I'm very good at Super Smash Bros. Brawl for some reason.

There are so many potential paths for my future, that to say "I might major in International Relations" or "It'd be cool to be some kind of diplomat" would be so incomplete as to be totally unacceptable. So please don't ask.

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. Er, no, that's not it. Uh, let's see...

In my younger days I used to sport a shag. When I went to school I carried lunch in a bag with an app--

Whatever. As you can see see, I am a complete failure. Technically, literally. Everything I've ever tried or even attempted to do has gone down in flames. For each measure of effort I put in, double that measure of failure is returned upon me.

Once, for example, I wanted to accomplish Action 1. I wanted to avoid Action 2. I thought, "If I try to fail Action 2, and I fail at failing, I should succeed at Action 1! Hoho! Instead, I accomplished Action K, thereby failing at success and failure. Simultaneously.

Also, I shot a man on the county line. If only you could have seen his wild, white eyes as he floundered like a man in fire or lime... I watched him through the desert's sandy air, through that same dust sticking to his blood, presently ceasing its slow filling his lungs. As under a brown sea, I watched him drown. In all my dreams, before my helpless sight, he plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning. LOLJK

Chapter 2: What Does This Mean?

I am willing to offer whatever knowledge I may have available. The internet fascinates me. I would be considering a career in computers, except then I wouldn't have any free time to spend online. My world wide web needs me. As you can see, I choose my words carefully. I have diction, durn it.

As an American, I feel an undeserved sense of entitlement.

I enjoy writing, or, more, creating fictional friends for myself, and many of the ultimately useless facts I've learned in the past year or so are a direct result of research for these fictional friends. Oh, god, I'm so lonely. On a similar note, I've selected a group of approximately ten historical figures that help to guide many of my difficult decisions.

However, I have no difficult decisions. Hm. Yes, everything comes easy for me, my life is a breeze, and I am sure to be happy, healthy, and filthy rich for the remainder of my days. Yeah, I know everything. I enjoy everything. Just bring up a topic, I'll talk for days. You'll just have to seethe with your inherent inferiority.

Epilogue: Everyone Cool Dies At Age 57

If ❖ is too hard to spell, I also respond to ❖.

What I'm trying to say is, this introduction is really a subtle cry for help.

I suppose I can only hope that you (yes, you specifically) and I (this charming persona I've created) can get to know one another better.

If nothing else:
    This is the best first post I have ever seen.

I demand you to send me a VM.

Also welcome. :)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Best. Intro. Ever. *hugs ❖*

Welcome to PC. Be safe, think positive, and don't eat yellow snow. Don't feed the trolls, and . . . yeah!

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Welcome to PC!

That has got to be the longest intro I've seen, good work :D

Have fun here and stay active.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    tl;dr

haha well, it was long. HOW DO YOU PRONOUCE ❖?

Anyways, have fun here. c:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • That was possibly the best diction I have ever seen to describe what was essentially nothing at all. Kudos to you my good sir for creating an introduction so pleasing to one's literary lusts and yet so far away from disclosing any true personal information. I would tip my bonnet to you, if indeed I wore one.

With that out of the way, I would like to welcome you to this humble community. Perhaps I don't quite know how to pronounce ❖, but thus is the glory of the internet, no? It works through the usage of text and not verbal ability.

With a wit such as yours, I'm sure you will have no issues whatsoever around this place. Dare I say you may even find yourself amongst friends. I mean, heck, I enjoyed reading your humdinger of an introduction.

Do take care, and be sure to enjoy yourself.

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
    Years
  • Hey welcome to Pokecommunity, i hope you enjoy your stay here and have fun and make lots of new friends :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    or was it 58?

Have fun!~

Okay.

...enjoy your stay and have a fun time.

I will.

Enjoy your stay at PC -- we'll enjoy having you here. :)

Thanks, I'll enjoy being enjoyed.

Drop me a Visitor Message in my profile you need any help with anything!

Anything, really? Like... like a genie?

Be safe, think positive, and don't eat yellow snow. Don't feed the trolls, and . . . yeah!

I will, I will, I won't, I won't, and... yeah.

Have fun here

Sure.

Have fun here

Sure.

Enjoy yourself.

Sure.

enjoy your stay here and have fun :D

I couldn't have expected anything more. You (yes, you specifically) are a gentleman and a scholar. Many thanks for the warm welcome.

...Now where do I go from here?

Years
  • Best introduction to a forum I've ever seen. XD;

And where do you go from here? Well you go wherever your mind pleases whether it be trading Pokeymanz, roleplaying, or talking about random crap.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Ahah nice intro & mysterious name :O
    Well, welcome to the forums :)

Back