• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

who is that

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can we have something like this please? I always forget who someone is after a new username change.

cRvQdQU.png

It would only be on the who's online area thing.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Twenty people? O_o Well, touché I suppose... I guess some people would find it useful. There's no real downside to this other than coding for the admins. I suppose if they're down for it, it couldn't hurt.

Go bribe them.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    You can get the same effect by clicking their name in the postbit... Wouldn't that be sufficient?

True, but then you see a mod's username on the Who's Online thing, and then you're confused whether he's a new mod or a name change. Might save you the convenience of going through his profile and checking the statistics page. Especially when you have a slow connection that would take longer to load the page up; it could get annoying.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You shouldn't have to put any effort at all into finding out who someone is if they've changed their username. Going to someone's profile every time you forget who they are is annoying. Especially if you're like me and forgetful and you have to do it to so many people so many times.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You don't even need to go to the profile page. In a thread, click on the username, and it'll have something like this:

Previously Known As:
    ★Hoenn★

(I shamelessly used yours as an example sorry) But yeah, couldn't this be sufficient?
    That's only in threads. Why go from the index to find someone's post to see who they were before when you can literally find out instantly? Especially if you'd end up going on their profile to find all their posts to see their postbits with that formerly known as thing on it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd like to see this, personally. I don't have more to add though. Just tossing my agreement. Great suggestion, Nick.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I don't think I would use it very often, but I can see how it would be useful. And it shouldn't be too hard for Audy or Jake to code. I think it's worth adding to the to-do pile.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I often catch myself opening people's profiles from Who's Online just to see who they used to be, so I'd definitely use this too if it existed.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I like how convenient this sounds, and I'd really like to see it in use x).
    Sounds nice to me, a good suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Working on it as we speak. I just need an Admin (Audy most likely) to make something available and then I'll have it rolled out soon after. Sit tight :]

Years
  • So, tell me. Where will this feature be located on the post?

Nevermind, answered my own question.

It's for the online list in the index. Just hover over someone's name and it'll tell you "Formerly (insert name here)".

Anyways, glad to see you guys implemented it. Didn't seem like hard work at all!

Back