• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who is your Johto starter?

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Wow! Wasn't expecting so many posts. :) Thanks a lot for all the feedback and like I always say, everyone is entitled to their own oppinion. Chikorita may be cute, but does it really match up to either Typhlosion or Feraligator? Anyway, thanks for posting. :)

Ayselipera

Chikorita is easily my favorite out of the Johto starters.

Years
  • Cyndaquil is what I go for. It's my favorite Pokemon ever, so this is an epic win for me. Why pick Cyndaquil? Not 'cuz of the stats or such...I could care less about that. No, I found that when I played G/S/C my friend (I traded him games...Blue for Silver) had started with Cyndaquil and it was already level 10 so I just kept playing with it. I grew rather attached, and there you have it. Plus, Typhlosion with thunderpunch was awfully pwnsome.

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Thanks for all comments. This will really attract more attention to the thread and make it more popular. As Totodile rocks I will :) and say beat that Cyndaquil. And :/ when they say, beat this Chikorita, Totodile lover. LOL. :)

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • Totodile. He was pretty much my best pokemon and my first ever (Gold was my first video game that I owned. I had played the others before, though, on my cousin's Gameboys.)

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Well, for me, in Pokemon Gold I chose totodile.

Pokemon Gold was my first pokemon game and I was young, so back then you didn't care how strong you were. You just chose the one you thought looked best. For me it was totodile. He was a frickin' dinosaur. Of course I was gonna choose him as a kid! Even though now I am not sure which one I like the most. I like cyndaquil, and he is the strongest pokemon of all of them, but Typhlosion looks pretty wierd. I like chikorita too. It's gonna be difficult to choose what starter I get in HG/SS.

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
  • I will have to say Totodile ^_^ for his cuteness and power. Forget being a girl and liking a Chikorita...I love that Water Pokemon! Not to mention he was the first starter that I ever had since Silver was the first I ever owned. And I do believe Ash's Totodile made me like Totodile so much =D Of course if I get both HG/SS then I'll choose a Cyndaquil too. It comes in handy having a fire pokemon with ThunderPunch

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I always choose Chikorita. Some people say it's the worst one, but I'll always think it's the best.

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    i had them all one time or another but every time i look back there is one Pokemon i known that i had picked and it was the best of my all and now i cant think why it was lv.54 with 3 badges and it killed a Lv.100 Mr.mine it was my cyndaquil all in all level it out hehehehe.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I chose Chikorita (Crystal), and, Cyndaquil (Silver)....if I ever owned an offishal GOLD cartrage, I would have to choose Totodile, but, changes are, I wouldn't get very far with the Clock Battery at risk...lol if there even IS a clock battery anymore o_0;

I could always try a file with Toto on my Gold rom, I suppose lol XD ^^

Back