• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO MISSES MISTY!? D:

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    I couldn't care less about her. I'd prefer it if she never appears on the show again. And I'm saying this as a fan from the very first season. I didn't like her then and I don't want her back now.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

Dunno about the "chick" part but if you're into tomboys no one can judge you.
    Yeah i'm into chicks who are tomboys. I wouldn't mind her coming back on the show again,she was the best character to ever be on the show back during the first season.

Who cares about you not liking her back then or not wanting her to return,that is your opinion.

I like her back then when Pokemon was still a great fresh show during season 1,i still like her now i would love for her to return even if it is a cameo.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • IS THIS GOING TO TURN TO A BAWFEST AGAIN? -insert facepalm-

I didn't truly become a fan of the anime until I first watched the first few Hoenn episodes, so I don't know much about Misty's character. Well I DID watch the series when Misty wasn't Put On A Bus yet, but I was a kid.

Conclusion, I don't care about Misty. Yep.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Didn't we have a thread like this before? I don't miss Misty, I loved the newer characters May/Dawn/Iris and if Misty didn't leave we wouldn't have them. Same goes for Brock, I like Dento. I loved the Kanto series/Orange Islands/Jhoto and well ok, I'm just going to go a head and say, she was my least favorite of the female cast. However, I do respect the Misty fans.

edit;

LOL Why bring shipping into this thread? FYI You feel that way about Pokeshipping tough, opinion does not=fact. I like Pearlshipping/Negaipping and a few other Ash ships that I feel could happen. This thread is going to get closed if you keep going on like that, I'm not an admin here but I've known threads like this some have ended up that way due to that.

Last edited:

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Didn't we have a thread like this before? I don't miss Misty, I loved the newer characters May/Dawn/Iris and if Misty didn't leave we wouldn't have them. Same goes for Brock, I like Dento. I loved the Kanto series/Orange Islands/Jhoto and well ok, I'm just going to go a head and say, she was my least favorite of the female cast. However, I do respect the Misty fans.

edit;

LOL Why bring shipping into this thread? FYI You feel that way about Pokeshipping tough, opinion does not=fact. I like Pearlshipping/Negaipping and a few other Ash ships that I feel could happen. This thread is going to get closed if you keep going on like that, I'm not an admin here but I've known threads like this some have ended up that way due to that.
    I miss Misty since she was a whole lot better then May and Dawn,Iris is ok but Misty is the one fans miss the most not May or Dawn. May and Dawn suck and they won't ever be miss,Brock will be miss since he was the best character that the show ever did have. Dento is ok but he can used a little more work on his personality.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I miss Misty since she was a whole lot better then May and Dawn,Iris is ok but Misty is the one fans miss the most not May or Dawn. May and Dawn suck and they won't ever be miss,Brock will be miss since he was the best character that the show ever did have. Dento is ok but he can used a little more work on his personality.

You'd be shocked at how many fans May/Dawn have and do miss them and wished they were back on the series just like Misty fans. Heck, did you see how big of a fan base Dawn has in Japan? So popular, so was her bird even though some may not like the thing around here including myself. Iris has a lot of fans too, new fans to Pokemon and maybe older ones. Again, your opinio=not fact but you think that way, thats fine but please don't act like its a fact. Brock was a great character back in Kanto/maybe Jhoto but as the series went, I felt he got stale but others such as yourself may feel different. Glad your willing to give Dento a chance at least :P

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    You'd be shocked at how many fans May/Dawn have and do miss them and wished they were back on the series just like Misty fans. Heck, did you see how big of a fan base Dawn has in Japan? So popular, so was her bird even though some may not like the thing around here including myself. Iris has a lot of fans too, new fans to Pokemon and maybe older ones. Again, your opinio=not fact but you think that way, thats fine but please don't act like its a fact. Brock was a great character back in Kanto/maybe Jhoto but as the series went, I felt he got stale but others such as yourself may feel different. Glad your willing to give Dento a chance at least :P
    Well i never stated my opinions as facts at all.Your opinions are also not facts either ,but i do argee with you on the giving Dento a chance which is what i was doing to begin with.

Misty still had more fans then May and Dawn had,Iris also have her fans aswell. But there are a whole lot of people who miss Misty a whole lot more and want her to return on the show more so then May/Dawn put together.

Draganera

lolwhut? :D
    Years
  • I like misty and miss misty. D:
    Sometimes, she is a bit annoying but she is very temperamental, that's why I like here. ;3 I like the one episode where she came back with a Gyarados. o:

btw. I think Dawn is a epic fail, May and Iris are a bit okay, but Misty is the best.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm glad that she is not coming back (in my head that is because she can come back). I could not stand her. She just complained and complained and it was really annoying. Good riddens Misty, the other characters are a lot better.

:t354:TG

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    One of things which makes Misty different to me from other girls is that she wasn't typical "happy go lucky" character having both explosive rage and sensitive side.While she was tough and spirited at times she didn't need to sacrifice her femininity having girly sides to her without exaggerating with it which was further expanded on in Hoenn after she left developing in spunky and tomboyish yet more mature and independent character .
    I feel Misty brought more personal struggle to her character with different sides of her personality while clashing with each other making her seem less rudimentary "happy" or "hotheaded"character with some middle ground existing between it.

You'd be shocked at how many fans May/Dawn have and do miss them and wished they were back on the series just like Misty fans. Heck, did you see how big of a fan base Dawn has in Japan? So popular, so was her bird even though some may not like the thing around here including myself. Iris has a lot of fans too, new fans to Pokemon and maybe older ones.

True they are all very popular though to be honest i noticed a lot more complaining and demand going for Misty return to pokemon series than i did for any other girl.

From what i heard her departure caused bigger backlash than May or Dawn departures did too with reason i suppose probably being because at that time people werent used to character replacing not expecting it.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I personally don't miss Misty. While I will admit that her seasons weren't my first, I have seen most all of them all the way through, save a couple episodes. Why don't I miss her? She never did anything.

Misty's list o' accomplishments:

Carrying around Togepi
    Complaining
    Battling like three or four times, two to three of them actually being important.

The only times that she even spoke for more than 5% of the episodes were those that were centered around her. Otherwise, she was basically baggage. Perhaps it's just that I'm not a "hardcore awesome mega 1337 pokemonz fan" or that my memory is simply foggy, but I can assure you that my clear memories of Misty are by no means fond.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I personally don't miss Misty. While I will admit that her seasons weren't my first, I have seen most all of them all the way through, save a couple episodes. Why don't I miss her? She never did anything.

Misty's list o' accomplishments:

Carrying around Togepi
    Complaining
    Battling like three or four times, two to three of them actually being important.

The only times that she even spoke for more than 5% of the episodes were those that were centered around her. Otherwise, she was basically baggage. Perhaps it's just that I'm not a "hardcore awesome mega 1337 pokemonz fan" or that my memory is simply foggy, but I can assure you that my clear memories of Misty are by no means fond.
    Misty did do a who lot like battling and Stopping Team Rocket,she also did the Seaking competition and she also battle in the Whirl Cup battle tournaments.

Misty did a who lot more then May and Dawn did in they whole entire run,i remember a whole lot people were really mad that Misty left the show and they really wanted her to return back on the again,Misty was miss by a who lot of people compare to May and Dawn who were hardly miss by a few ,compare to Misty who was a very important character on the show.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I don't watch much of recent anime so I wouldn't care, but it'd be nice to see old characters make comebacks instead of just focusing on newer characters.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Misty did do a who lot like battling and Stopping Team Rocket,she also did the Seaking competition and she also battle in the Whirl Cup battle tournaments.

Misty did a who lot more then May and Dawn did in they whole entire run,i remember a whole lot people were really mad that Misty left the show and they really wanted her to return back on the again,Misty was miss by a who lot of people compare to May and Dawn who were hardly miss by a few ,compare to Misty who was a very important character on the show.

Firstly, how much of a fanbase a character has in no way contributes to how good a character is, nor does it determine how important a character was. Now, a fanbase may be as a result of those qualities, but don't try to use Misty's fanbase as an arguement to how important she was.

Secondly, I would hardly call stopping TR anything worth mentioning, considering not only did every heroine on the show do it, not only do the other main characters do it routinely, but even the one-episode-only characters do it with ease. Stopping Team Rocket hardly elevates Misty's position above any other character in the show, considering how just about every character seems to be able to do it.

Third, the Seaking Competition and Whirl Cup were both episodes practically dedicated to Misty. Like I said, Misty only did anything major when the episode was about her, save perhaps her one gym match with Ash. But casually, as in day-to-day regular episodes, she stood in the backround most of the time. So did more than Dawn or May did? Really? At absolute least Dawn and May competed in contests and occasionally caught Pokemon. I haven't seen the Advanced or Sinnoh series in quite some time, so my memory is foggy, but I know that at the absoulute least May competed in say, 6-8 contests, Dawn presumably around the same number, possibly more. So did Dawn or May do more than Misty? Maybe. Did Misty do more than either of them? Maybe by just a little bit collectively across her five season run. But by no stretch of the imagination did she do far more than either Dawn or May ever did, as you seem to imply.

Back