• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO MISSES MISTY!? D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Firstly, how much of a fanbase a character has in no way contributes to how good a character is, nor does it determine how important a character was.

If people accept some character becoming popular among them that usually reflects how they recognized good writing being present in his story though having qualities which outweigh negative sides in their view.

Secondly, I would hardly call stopping TR anything worth mentioning, considering not only did every heroine on the show do it, not only do the other main characters do it routinely, but even the one-episode-only characters do it with ease. Stopping Team Rocket hardly elevates Misty's position above any other character in the show, considering how just about every character seems to be able to do it.

Third, the Seaking Competition and Whirl Cup were both episodes practically dedicated to Misty. Like I said, Misty only did anything major when the episode was about her, save perhaps her one gym match with Ash. But casually, as in day-to-day regular episodes, she stood in the backround most of the time. So did more than Dawn or May did? Really? At absolute least Dawn and May competed in contests and occasionally caught Pokemon. I haven't seen the Advanced or Sinnoh series in quite some time, so my memory is foggy, but I know that at the absoulute least May competed in say, 6-8 contests, Dawn presumably around the same number, possibly more. So did Dawn or May do more than Misty? Maybe. Did Misty do more than either of them? Maybe by just a little bit collectively across her five season run. But by no stretch of the imagination did she do far more than either Dawn or May ever did, as you seem to imply.

While i agree how Misty didn't received enough screen time as character she still did many helpful and plot related things in this show.
    She was supporting character who acted like Ash coach/mentor, providing humor and great chemistry between group,had several notable achievements(like winning Princess festival which was some sort of early contest,Seaking competition,being among top 8 in Whirl Cup, etc) advancing her goal of water master and aside from battling did many other things which influenced plot in one way or another when she wasn't center of attention.
    Like saving people lives,towns,taking care of those she cared about,helping to beat TR organization,giving moral support to her friends teaching people to never give up hope believing in themselves.

Some examples which come to my mind were when she helped group to find way out of St.Anne,took care of poisoned Ash and Tracey in Orange Islands,helped battling TR organization in Lugia arc,contributed to resolution of several mini plots like mystery of Gligarman,finding way out of forest when group got lost in Hoot Hoot episode etc.

Of course May and Dawn did more because of doing contests being female co-stars and everything but its needed to understand how Misty and Brock were sidekicks just like Iris and Cilan are with their purpose being entirely different.

Their main role was to help Ash grew in better trainer during his rookie days teaching him about basics in battling acting like his coaches/mentors.
    That doesn't justify lack of focus on their own stories though,but than again writers weren't experienced and good to same extent like they are now practicing what they learned over the years with new characters.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    If people accept some character becoming popular among them that usually reflects how they recognized good writing being present in his story though having qualities which outweigh negative sides in their view.

While i agree how Misty didn't received enough screen time as character she still did many helpful and plot related things in this show.
    She was supporting character who acted like Ash coach/mentor, providing humor and great chemistry between group,had several notable achievements(like winning Princess festival which was some sort of early contest,Seaking competition,being among top 8 in Whirl Cup, etc) advancing her goal of water master and aside from battling did many other things which influenced plot in one way or another when she wasn't center of attention.
    Like saving people lives,towns,taking care of those she cared about,helping to beat TR organization,giving moral support to her friends teaching people to never give up hope believing in themselves.

Some examples which come to my mind were when she helped group to find way out of St.Anne,took care of poisoned Ash and Tracey in Orange Islands,helped battling TR organization in Lugia arc,contributed to resolution of several mini plots like mystery of Gligarman,finding way out of forest when group got lost in Hoot Hoot episode etc.

Of course May and Dawn did more because of doing contests being female co-stars and everything but its needed to understand how Misty and Brock were sidekicks just like Iris and Cilan are with their purpose being entirely different.

Their main role was to help Ash grew in better trainer during his rookie days teaching him about basics in battling acting like his coaches/mentors.
    That doesn't justify lack of focus on their own stories though,but than again writers weren't experienced and good to same extent like they are now practicing what they learned over the years with new characters.
    Misty had a whole lot of screen time even more so then May and Dawn put together,Misty had a who lot of attention during her time on the show.

May and Dawn didn't do a who lot more then Misty did during her time on the show,Misty is much better then May or Dawn put together.

I miss Misty since she was the best, May and Dawn i don't care about them being one,i never miss them at all.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Misty was (and always will be) my favorite of Ash's 'traveling companions'. Has been since I started watching the anime (which was towards the end of the Indigo saga).
    I was disappointed terribly when I first heard that she was going to be leaving the show (which was back in 2002!)
    You and me both it seems, I miss Misty terribly and its to the point where I can't enjoy anything current with the Pokemon TV show so I just quit trying. Not that I see anything wrong with it but its a case of differing opinions compared to some.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I grew up with Ash, Brock, AND Misty, but now the latter two of the trio are gone... Misty should've stayed, she was an amazing character and provided many laughs among the show. May got boring after a while and Iris is really annoying by calling Ash a kid every 5 seconds. One of the main reasons I stopped watching the show.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Misty had a whole lot of screen time even more so then May and Dawn put together,Misty had a who lot of attention during her time on the show.

May and Dawn didn't do a who lot more then Misty did during her time on the show,Misty is much better then May or Dawn put together.

I miss Misty since she was the best, May and Dawn i don't care about them being one,i never miss them at all.

If you really think about it, May and Dawn did do a lot more than Misty.May and Dawn not only traveled with Ash and Brock, but the both of them competed in Pokemon Contest which is way more than what Misty has done.

Misty's achievements
    Champion on the Queen of the Princess Day Festival
    Champion of the Alto Mare Canal Race
    Champion of the Seaking Catching Day competition
    Ranked top 8 in the Whirl Cup
    Runner up and default winner in the privately organized Mini-Tournament for Togepi.
    Possible winner/runner up of the Swimsuit Beauty pagent in Beauty and The Beach.

[U[May's[/U]
    Hoenn Ribbons X5
    Kanto Ribbons X5
    Johto Ribbons X3
    Hoenn's Grand Festival Top 8
    Kanto's Grand Festival Top 4
    Wallace Cup - Runner-up
    Pokémon Orienteering - Runner-up

Dawn
    Sinnoh X5
    Unofficial Contest in Borrowing on Bad Faith! - Runner-Up
    Hearthome City Tag Battle Competition (Runner-up - with Conway
    Hearthome Collection - Winner
    Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament
    Twinleaf Festival Battle Tournament
    Sinnoh Grand Festival - Runner-up

It's a quite shame that both May and Dawn did way more than what Misty did and Misty had more air time too =P

:t354:TG

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    If you really think about it, May and Dawn did do a lot more than Misty.May and Dawn not only traveled with Ash and Brock, but the both of them competed in Pokemon Contest which is way more than what Misty has done.

Misty's achievements
    Champion on the Queen of the Princess Day Festival
    Champion of the Alto Mare Canal Race
    Champion of the Seaking Catching Day competition
    Ranked top 8 in the Whirl Cup
    Runner up and default winner in the privately organized Mini-Tournament for Togepi.
    Possible winner/runner up of the Swimsuit Beauty pagent in Beauty and The Beach.

[U[May's[/U]
    Hoenn Ribbons X5
    Kanto Ribbons X5
    Johto Ribbons X3
    Hoenn's Grand Festival Top 8
    Kanto's Grand Festival Top 4
    Wallace Cup - Runner-up
    Pokémon Orienteering - Runner-up

Dawn
    Sinnoh X5
    Unofficial Contest in Borrowing on Bad Faith! - Runner-Up
    Hearthome City Tag Battle Competition (Runner-up - with Conway
    Hearthome Collection - Winner
    Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament
    Twinleaf Festival Battle Tournament
    Sinnoh Grand Festival - Runner-up

It's a quite shame that both May and Dawn did way more than what Misty did and Misty had more air time too =P

Misty did do a who lot more then May or even Dawn did in their long run,May and Dawn contest weren't all that important to begin with.

Misty battle an who lot back in the day, she also been in a who lot of pokemon competition like the Swimsuit beauty pageant,the Queen of the princess day tournment, the mini tournment on who get to keep Togepi, the Alto Mare Canal Race, the Seaking catching Day competition, also the Whirl Cups battles competition tournment,so Misty did a who lot more then May and Dawn who only did pokemon contests which pretty much makes Misty much better then them. Misty was ten times better then May and Dawn put together.

Years
  • Nah,no way.I started watching pokemon when Dawn was around so i don't like misty because she is annoying,mean and boring!!So there's no way I wouls miss her!!

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Nah,no way.I started watching pokemon when Dawn was around so i don't like misty because she is annoying,mean and boring!!So there's no way I wouls miss her!!
    I will always like Misty because she was the best.Dawn was annoying and boring.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Me! she should still tag along with Ash, she wouldn't get boring and it would give the show a nostalgic feel, either that or bring Brock back, they were Great!

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Misty did do a who lot more then May or even Dawn did in their long run,May and Dawn contest weren't all that important to begin with.

Misty battle an who lot back in the day, she also been in a who lot of pokemon competition like the Swimsuit beauty pageant,the Queen of the princess day tournment, the mini tournment on who get to keep Togepi, the Alto Mare Canal Race, the Seaking catching Day competition, also the Whirl Cups battles competition tournment,so Misty did a who lot more then May and Dawn who only did pokemon contests which pretty much makes Misty much better then them. Misty was ten times better then May and Dawn put together.

I pretty much just listed what Misty did as well as both May and Dawn, it seems like a quite more was done with both May and dawn. If you read my post, I stated that she was in the Beauty Pageant this is what I wrote:

now I know that I wrote that in my other post and you even quoted it.

I can't see why you would state that the Pokemon contest weren't all that important? they made a huge impact in both the anime and games (I'm not sure if they did in the manga because I am still not up to that part yet). Pretty much all I wrote about Misty, you pretty much stated that I never said such a thing, I faily listed all achievements from all three of them without leaving any out (source from bulbapedia). If you bothered to look at the post again, it would state that Dawn and May's only achievements were not simply of "Pokemon Contest" and yes winning a ribbon in the Pokemon contest is a lot, it takes skill to do so because I know that May and Dawn didn't win all of their contest that they ever entered in. Each Pokemon Contest was completely different from one another, yes they may have the same attention, but its not like both May and Dawn used the same exact Pokemon, had the same exact judges all the time (although it may seem that way) nor did they go against the same exact people so it took a lot of thinking and hard work to do this.

I will always like Misty because she was the best.Dawn was annoying and boring.

You keep saying the same Ol' thing, why is Dawn boring? you ask for people to respect your opinion on this Forum but its like everytime someone says something that you disagree with, you just say the same ol' quote such as the one I am quoting on right now.

whew... I am done

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • bah, i cant exactly say i miss her (since im watching 1st series all over again, cuz i dont remember well since i watched it when i was little. So im seeing her right now.) BUT, when she left at the end of the 5th season(i just started 5th season today! ima hate that episode when i get there...i still remember it...), i wanted to cry! Misty personality was so comparable with me, and it makes me feel that much closer to the anime. By takin her away, I dont feel that sweet emotion i use to get when i watched the show and played the game at the same time. I mostly miss her there with Ash though, cuz them together makes the show THAT much more interesting! I love Ash, and miss his super awesome voice along with Misty... :'(

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I pretty much just listed what Misty did as well as both May and Dawn, it seems like a quite more was done with both May and dawn. If you read my post, I stated that she was in the Beauty Pageant this is what I wrote:

now I know that I wrote that in my other post and you even quoted it.

I can't see why you would state that the Pokemon contest weren't all that important? they made a huge impact in both the anime and games (I'm not sure if they did in the manga because I am still not up to that part yet). Pretty much all I wrote about Misty, you pretty much stated that I never said such a thing, I faily listed all achievements from all three of them without leaving any out (source from bulbapedia). If you bothered to look at the post again, it would state that Dawn and May's only achievements were not simply of "Pokemon Contest" and yes winning a ribbon in the Pokemon contest is a lot, it takes skill to do so because I know that May and Dawn didn't win all of their contest that they ever entered in. Each Pokemon Contest was completely different from one another, yes they may have the same attention, but its not like both May and Dawn used the same exact Pokemon, had the same exact judges all the time (although it may seem that way) nor did they go against the same exact people so it took a lot of thinking and hard work to do this.

You keep saying the same Ol' thing, why is Dawn boring? you ask for people to respect your opinion on this Forum but its like everytime someone says something that you disagree with, you just say the same ol' quote such as the one I am quoting on right now.

whew... I am done

Well Misty still did a who lot more then May and Dawn ever did.Dawn was boring because she had a very uninteresting personality and she act like a baby sometimes when she would lose a contest battle. May wasn't any better and she gotten tired some after a while,the reason why May went to Kanto was due to them still promoting the AG games and the Pokemon contest aswell.

Misty wins over May and Dawn for her having a great personality with spice.I will always love Misty. I'm also glad Pokemon contest are gone forever they got so boring when Sinnoh came around.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Miss her? No.

I enjoy new faces each series. Staying with the old same thing gets boring after awhile (Ash is an exception.)

Now if only Team Rocket would get the same treatment....

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Well Misty still did a who lot more then May and Dawn ever did.Dawn was boring because she had a very uninteresting personality and she act like a baby sometimes when she would lose a contest battle. May wasn't any better and she gotten tired some after a while,the reason why May went to Kanto was due to them still promoting the AG games and the Pokemon contest aswell.

Misty wins over May and Dawn for her having a great personality with spice.I will always love Misty. I'm also glad Pokemon contest are gone forever they got so boring when Sinnoh came around.

I pretty much agreed that there will be times that May acted like a baby but there have been some times that Misty acted the same way. But it is not safe to say that May acted like a baby every time she lost a contest, she would except it and move on. Oh yeah, just because you cry,it does not make you a baby; there are many reasons why someone would cry......for enjoyment, excitement etc. You keep on saying that the reason why May was there was because of promoting reasoning, where is the proof at, AKA where is the source. You keep on saying that Misty did more than Dawn and May (you even said that she did more than Dawn and May did put together in one of your post). Just because you have more airtime it does not mean that you did more than two other characters that didn't have that much airtime that is worthwhile to mention.

Why are the Pokemon contest never coming back? Do you have proof? you can't say forever, because you never know. Where are your sources. I get that you hate Dawn and may but you can't keep on saying things that will make sure that none of them won't come back ever.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • He is just bias toward Misty that is all Tatsujin. And I agree with your post whole heartily.

tough we know your bias toward Misty, but there is no reason to down on other characters cause you are a Misty fan boy. So your saying adding Contests too the anime didn't spice it up but yet what Misty did apparently added more to the show? Considering we never had them before and it gave more room for the female companion to develop as a character and gain rivals along the way I'd say it added plenty of spice to the show. And Misty didn't cry? Cause it seemed when her sisters where brought up she always used to whine cause she was jealous of what they had. I am pretty sure if you lost a competition you wouldn't exactly be happy so I don't blame any of them for crying.

Last edited:

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

I pretty much agreed that there will be times that May acted like a baby but there have been some times that Misty acted the same way. But it is not safe to say that May acted like a baby every time she lost a contest, she would except it and move on. Oh yeah, just because you cry,it does not make you a baby; there are many reasons why someone would cry......for enjoyment, excitement etc. You keep on saying that the reason why May was there was because of promoting reasoning, where is the proof at, AKA where is the source. You keep on saying that Misty did more than Dawn and May (you even said that she did more than Dawn and May did put together in one of your post). Just because you have more airtime it does not mean that you did more than two other characters that didn't have that much airtime that is worthwhile to mention.

Why are the Pokemon contest never coming back? Do you have proof? you can't say forever, because you never know. Where are your sources. I get that you hate Dawn and may but you can't keep on saying things that will make sure that none of them won't come back ever.

Do you have any proof that Pokemon contest are coming back or that they spice the show up i think not. Contest are gone forever wether you like it or not,they are are not in the 5 gen games which is pretty much saying something.

Dawn did act like a little baby in annoying way when she didn't win a Pokemon contest,May gotten annoying after a while she would whine about every damn thing not going her way most of the time,Misty did cry but not in a way that was annoying and she didn't whine a who lot that would get on a person nerves. You have no proof that May or Dawn are coming back,they are gone forever and they will not be coming back get over it.

Kenshin5.You can argee with him or her all you want but it won't do you any good or change anything. Pokemon contest were only good during the AG series,they gotten really old in the middle of the DP series,just because you Pokemon contests feel that it added spice to the show does not make it true,while Pokemon contest were good on the show for the time being, i am glad they are gone for good.

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Do you have any proof that Pokemon contest are coming back or that they spice the show up i think not. Contest are gone forever wether you like it or not,they are are not in the 5 gen games which is pretty much saying something.

Dawn did act like a little baby in annoying way when she didn't win a Pokemon contest,May gotten annoying after a while she would whine about every damn thing not going her way most of the time,Misty did cry but not in a way that was annoying and she didn't whine a who lot that would get on a person nerves. You have no proof that May or Dawn are coming back,they are gone forever and they will not be coming back get over it.

Kenshin5.You can argee with him or her all you want but it won't do you any good or change anything. Pokemon contest were only good during the AG series,they gotten really old in the middle of the DP series,just because you Pokemon contests feel that it added spice to the show does not make it true,while Pokemon contest were good on the show for the time being, i am glad they are gone for good.

Umm quick question, where in my post did I say that Pokemon Contest are coming back? You made several references where you believe that the Pokemon Contest are coming back, all I am asking for is where is this source that you get your information from. I'm asking you all of these questions because to me and others, the things that you wrote sound like facts....as in you are so sure that all of this information is valid....I'm asking where is the source. I want to know from a real source that if Pokemon Contest are coming back and what was the true reason why they were in the anime. Do you work for the development team for the anime? I doubt it so you just can't keep on saying this like that,

As for the crying part, people are entitled to their opinions, if you feel that May and Dawn cried for everything, so let it be, I felt that Misty was really annoying because for the most part she would just overshadow ash and her complaining was really annoying; at least in my opinion, May and Dawn had a reason to complain because they were doing something worth while instead of what Misty was doing for most of her airtime. All three of them have a chance of coming back...maybe as main characters or just passing through a city, for you to say something like " May or Dawn are coming back,they are gone forever and they will not be coming back get over it." well if I was ignorant and being extremely bias because I can't stand Misty, I would simply say "Misty is never coming back, she is gone forever-----get over it!" but I am not because like I stated, I know they can come back.

Oh yeah another question, where in any of my post that I said that May and Dawn are coming back? or did I say something like May and Dawn can have a chance of coming back---i said that about all three of them.

Why do you keep on saying that contest are gone for good? Are you one of the writers from the show? Was there a news report on Pokenews (I'm assuming that what they could call it in the anime) that the was an explosion on all of the contest buildings in the Pokeworld and now they no longer exist? Like I stated earlier, where is the proof of this information.

Speaking about the 5th generation, all because there is no Pokemon contest in the Black and White games; it doesn't mean that it is gone for good. There was no Safari Zone in the 2nd generation of Pokemon games, so did that mean that there wasn't going to be one in the 3rd generation?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Do you have any proof that Pokemon contest are coming back or that they spice the show up i think not. Contest are gone forever wether you like it or not,they are are not in the 5 gen games which is pretty much saying something.

Some how I feel like arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. Do you in turn have proof that Contests will never return to games or anime? And May and Dawn crying is subjective, all characters have emotions here and there so I don't see what you are getting at saying they are more of a crybaby then Misty or that Misty crying is some how less annoying. Is that a FACT no... And you have proof that May and Dawn won't return? See how we can go in circles with this all day? Oh sorry I thought I was "entitled to my opinions" which I was making. I never stated Contests ABSOLUTELY added spice to the anime no ifs ands or buts about it. I interjected by opinion that I thought it added something new to the anime which spiced it up a bit.

Back