• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO MISSES MISTY!? D:

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    God I hate Iris. Misty is nowhere near as annoying and ugly as Iris. Iris looks like she was pulled out of the 70's or 80s and got some crappy Axew glued to her hair. She's like the corrupted version of princess bubblegum, what with the huge hair thats sticky enough to hold pokemon.

Yeah what was the point of getting rid of Brock? It's like they really wanted to destroy any possible remnants of Red Version so the fans would forget about the Golden Age of Pokemon and play the crappy new ones.

Oh my god don't even get me started on Iris. She's so ugly, but that's not my point. She's just annoying and she keeps calling Ash a 'kid', when really, she's being the stupid kid. She also has the most distracting hair ever. It can take up a whole t.v screen. I like her Axew though, as it's cute and Dragon types are one of my 2 favorite types, but it being in her hair is just weird. I feel like it's just not normal.

And about Brock. I miss Brock hitting on girls. I wish they would bring Brock and Misty back in but still keep Cilan. Cilan is just too good of a character to let go. Plus, he's the only reason I watch the new anime.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
    We'll all know when Misty/Kasumi will come back....when the show gets its comedic nature back.

Otherwize, I don't want Misty back, but it would be cool if she went to another region with Ash again, like the 6th gym, because her sisters got back to the Cerulean gym sometime during Sinnoh.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Oh my god don't even get me started on Iris. She's so ugly, but that's not my point. She's just annoying and she keeps calling Ash a 'kid', when really, she's being the stupid kid. She also has the most distracting hair ever. It can take up a whole t.v screen. I like her Axew though, as it's cute and Dragon types are one of my 2 favorite types, but it being in her hair is just weird. I feel like it's just not normal.

And about Brock. I miss Brock hitting on girls. I wish they would bring Brock and Misty back in but still keep Cilan. Cilan is just too good of a character to let go. Plus, he's the only reason I watch the new anime.

Iris isn't ugly at all,she look really hot.May and Dawn are ugly but both of them are still hot. Iris isn't annoying unlike May are Dawn were doing their run on the show,but it is funny to see Iris calling Ash a kid,she have the most sexy hair style ever.

Misty is the one i would love to see comeback,but Dawn is one character i wouldn't want to ever comeback,but thankfully May and Dawn will never coming back to the show.

Last edited:

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    Misty! Why did your stuck up sisters leave you in the gym while they take a cruise around the world?! (the sisters might meet ash in best wishes actually...think about that..) but yeah, =Who misses misty? :D

Actually, haven't her sisters come back yet? I remember in the last episode of Advance Challenge, I believe it was called "Judgement Day", Ash and co. met a boy who said he recieved a badge from Misty and her sisters. Since Misty was there along with her sisters, wouldn't that mean that her sisters are back from their cruise? Idk, just something I've been thinking about since watching that episode....

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Actually, haven't her sisters come back yet? I remember in the last episode of Advance Challenge, I believe it was called "Judgement Day", Ash and co. met a boy who said he recieved a badge from Misty and her sisters. Since Misty was there along with her sisters, wouldn't that mean that her sisters are back from their cruise? Idk, just something I've been thinking about since watching that episode....

Actually, the trainer you're referring to most likely got the Cascade badge before Misty had to run the gym. For one thing, he was at Mossdeep Island, which meant that he had to have gone through Kanto since at least the time Ash was travelling Johto. Still, you're right about their being back: one of the chronicles episodes as well as the first few episodes of their returning to Kanto for the Battle Frontier did show that Misty's sisters had indeed returned.

And personally, going by how they treat Gym Leaders in the Anime, I felt that making her a gym leader is a complete insult to her character and her strength. I mean, the Anime seems to treat them no differently than Jessie, James and Meowth (ie, people who lose too easily to rookies). Besides, it's not even close to fulfilling her goal of becoming a Water Pokemon Master, either, and they had to choose HER to be put in a Gym, when Pewter Gym was treated far worse, and yet Brock didn't even attempt to do the responsible thing and become the Gym Leader and actually fix the problems.

Removing Misty was a very terrible idea as I've said countless times since I saw that episode of AG. May and Dawn were really not good characters at all (and believe me, I saw them, so I know exactly what I'm talking about), and while I haven't heard of anything about Iris that's comparable to the Female Anime Stereotype (eg, the Fiorello Fangirls in Princess vs. Princess, or the girls in Love Hina, which, BTW, are offensive stereotypes to women), I'm still reluctant to have her pass the torch from Misty, not until she's placed in a situation where she doesn't react the same way to the female anime stereotype when there are crowds of them (like, for example, how Misty didn't act like the Fiorello Fangirls at all when announcing that contest). Until Iris does that, I can't pass the torch from Misty to Iris yet. Even then, Misty still needs to return, if only so she actually has closure to her goal, whether its travelling with Ash, or travelling by herself.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
    Actually, the trainer you're referring to most likely got the Cascade badge before Misty had to run the gym. For one thing, he was at Mossdeep Island, which meant that he had to have gone through Kanto since at least the time Ash was travelling Johto. Still, you're right about their being back: one of the chronicles episodes as well as the first few episodes of their returning to Kanto for the Battle Frontier did show that Misty's sisters had indeed returned.

And personally, going by how they treat Gym Leaders in the Anime, I felt that making her a gym leader is a complete insult to her character and her strength. I mean, the Anime seems to treat them no differently than Jessie, James and Meowth (ie, people who lose too easily to rookies). Besides, it's not even close to fulfilling her goal of becoming a Water Pokemon Master, either, and they had to choose HER to be put in a Gym, when Pewter Gym was treated far worse, and yet Brock didn't even attempt to do the responsible thing and become the Gym Leader and actually fix the problems.

Removing Misty was a very terrible idea as I've said countless times since I saw that episode of AG. May and Dawn were really not good characters at all (and believe me, I saw them, so I know exactly what I'm talking about), and while I haven't heard of anything about Iris that's comparable to the Female Anime Stereotype (eg, the Fiorello Fangirls in Princess vs. Princess, or the girls in Love Hina, which, BTW, are offensive stereotypes to women), I'm still reluctant to have her pass the torch from Misty, not until she's placed in a situation where she doesn't react the same way to the female anime stereotype when there are crowds of them (like, for example, how Misty didn't act like the Fiorello Fangirls at all when announcing that contest). Until Iris does that, I can't pass the torch from Misty to Iris yet. Even then, Misty still needs to return, if only so she actually has closure to her goal, whether its travelling with Ash, or travelling by herself.

As we all know, the anime writers just want to get rid of Kasumi. And Haruka. And Hikari.

And, many thought that Brock was annoying because of his love-hitting scene. Done millions of times. But, it would be cool if Brock and Kasumi traveled with Satoshi again for a while. I mean a season or something. If people say Iris is annoying, as I only watched the first episode of BW. Then they deserve to come back. Or people should take off their nostalgia goggles. Anyways, just the original trio, with the TRiO stuff, and the comedy it had back from Kanto. With no CotDs.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Iris isn't that annoying to me although if she had to be replaced with Misty, I'd definitely agree since she has a different personality and aura than Iris has, and is better obviously. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    As we all know, the anime writers just want to get rid of Kasumi. And Haruka. And Hikari.

And, many thought that Brock was annoying because of his love-hitting scene. Done millions of times. But, it would be cool if Brock and Kasumi traveled with Satoshi again for a while. I mean a season or something. If people say Iris is annoying, as I only watched the first episode of BW. Then they deserve to come back. Or people should take off their nostalgia goggles. Anyways, just the original trio, with the TRiO stuff, and the comedy it had back from Kanto. With no CotDs.

I think Brock can return, but only if they remove the love-hitting gag. It's a very bad representation of heterosexuals, not to mention that its been long overdone not just in Pokemon, but in Anime and, heck, any medium since the 1970s and the removal of the Hays Code (case in point, Charlie Harper and the other characters in Two and a Half Men). Sure, we heterosexual males are attracted to the opposite sex, but that does not mean we are going to go out of our way to find as girl to have one night stands with as we can.

Misty does really need to return. She was really the only one female anime character, or one of the few characters at the very least, who stands a chance at stopping the female anime stereotype. I know people mentioned that Iris is similar to Misty, but I'd rather reserve judgment until there is an episode focusing on her thats similar to Princess vs. Princess where she is put in a situation where various other girls are squealing at a chance to meet a pop star icon before I can make the call as to whether she is worthy. Besides, Misty still needs to actually complete her goal relating to becoming a Water Pokemon Master, something that she certainly wouldn't get as a Gym Leader, contrary to some people's beliefs.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
    I think Brock can return, but only if they remove the love-hitting gag. It's a very bad representation of heterosexuals, not to mention that its been long overdone not just in Pokemon, but in Anime and, heck, any medium since the 1970s and the removal of the Hays Code (case in point, Charlie Harper and the other characters in Two and a Half Men). Sure, we heterosexual males are attracted to the opposite sex, but that does not mean we are going to go out of our way to find as girl to have one night stands with as we can.

Misty does really need to return. She was really the only one female anime character, or one of the few characters at the very least, who stands a chance at stopping the female anime stereotype. I know people mentioned that Iris is similar to Misty, but I'd rather reserve judgment until there is an episode focusing on her thats similar to Princess vs. Princess where she is put in a situation where various other girls are squealing at a chance to meet a pop star icon before I can make the call as to whether she is worthy. Besides, Misty still needs to actually complete her goal relating to becoming a Water Pokemon Master, something that she certainly wouldn't get as a Gym Leader, contrary to some people's beliefs.

Yep. Still, Brock and Misty need to return. Because as people said, when Brock left, that scraped off the last portion of Pokemon RBY. And, as people said, Iris is annoying for saying that Ash is a kid. And no one can replace Brock. Maybe except Tracey, the one from Orange Islands. Other than the fact that Cilan is similar to Brock, well, yeah. Though, a good way to get rid of the love-hitting gag is to say he started to date someone in Kanto. (Suzy?) That'll get rid of it for GOOD. And maybe Brock and Misty should return in the next saga. The next region. That works. WELL.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Yep. Still, Brock and Misty need to return. Because as people said, when Brock left, that scraped off the last portion of Pokemon RBY. And, as people said, Iris is annoying for saying that Ash is a kid. And no one can replace Brock. Maybe except Tracey, the one from Orange Islands. Other than the fact that Cilan is similar to Brock, well, yeah. Though, a good way to get rid of the love-hitting gag is to say he started to date someone in Kanto. (Suzy?) That'll get rid of it for GOOD. And maybe Brock and Misty should return in the next saga. The next region. That works. WELL.
    I don't recall people saying Iris is annoying for calling Ash a kid,Iris is a lot better then May and Dawn these two were annoying as hell. I would love to have Misty return on the show as well as Brock. Misty was a sexy badass female girl, a young woman with a badass personality,she deserve to be back on the show.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
    I don't recall people saying Iris is annoying for calling Ash a kid,Iris is a lot better then May and Dawn these two were annoying as hell. I would love to have Misty return on the show as well as Brock. Misty was a sexy badass female girl, a young woman with a badass personality,she deserve to be back on the show.

BMGf. There, is where many don't like Iris. And. I'm not annoyed by May and Dawn. But I don't want them to return. Nor Iris. I only watched the first episode of BW. And several other episodes. Anyways, as I said multiple times, Takeshi and Kasumi should return for another saga. Hopefully in that saga, Ash doesn't suck. Anyways, a special about them is good. Oh wait, there is a special for Takeshi. Oh. 2 SPECIALS. That one from Johto and the Japanese one with the Latias. Kasumi got several specials, but after that one.....that was it. No more Kasumi. She DESERVES to return NO MATTER WHAT. But the writers don't listen to US. Besides, they listen to the Japanese, Besides, in Japan, Hikari is very liked. Same goes for Iris, and she will stay. So nothing will happen, no matter what people say.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I'm pretty sure a lot people do like Iris and that is your opinions,May and Dawn were annoying and they weren't like by a lot of fans no matter what you say. If the writers want to bring Misty back they can do it,but it seems unlikely but it can happen.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
    I'm pretty sure a lot people do like Iris and that is your opinions,May and Dawn were annoying and they weren't like by a lot of fans no matter what you say. If the writers want to bring Misty back they can do it,but it seems unlikely but it can happen.

I only watched the first episode of BW. But she was fine. With her Axew and all... Anyways, I guess she is ok. You disliking May and Dawn is your opinion. But why were they annoying? Catchphrases? Pokemon? I guess the only reason Dawn was annoying was due to her Piplup.....

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I only watched the first episode of BW. But she was fine. With her Axew and all... Anyways, I guess she is ok. You disliking May and Dawn is your opinion. But why were they annoying? Catchphrases? Pokemon? I guess the only reason Dawn was annoying was due to her Piplup.....
    May would whine about little stupid things like i'm tired all the time or ***** when she lose a contest battle,Dawn would be annoying and act like a crybaby when ever she lose a contest ,her damn Piplup was already annoying enough.

Well you do have right to your own opinions. Misty was the greatest female character ever,she do deserve to comeback.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    May would whine about little stupid things like i'm tired all the time or ***** when she lose a contest battle,Dawn would be annoying and act like a crybaby when ever she lose a contest ,her damn Piplup was already annoying enough.

Well you do have right to your own opinions. Misty was the greatest female character ever,she do deserve to comeback.

Why must you always write in your post "you are entitled to your opinions" It's quite annoying. Anyways:

Misty has acted like a baby several times too, such as her fear of bug Pokemon, she would complain about certain scenarios (if I recall she has more than May and Dawn has because she was on the show longer) such as walking too much, being tired and last but not least following Ash due to him destructing her bike. If you were to lose s competition, would you not be mad about it or maybe complain about it? I highly doubt you will be thrilled of the idea of losing.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Why must you always write in your post "you are entitled to your opinions" It's quite annoying. Anyways:

Misty has acted like a baby several times too, such as her fear of bug Pokemon, she would complain about certain scenarios (if I recall she has more than May and Dawn has because she was on the show longer) such as walking too much, being tired and last but not least following Ash due to him destructing her bike. If you were to lose s competition, would you not be mad about it or maybe complain about it? I highly doubt you will be thrilled of the idea of losing.

She may have been upset about losing, but at least she didn't cry every time she lost after the first one. It's never a good thing to cry after the first loss. I mean, did ASH cry or throw a tantrum when he lost the Johto cup? Did he pitch a fit when he lost the Hoenn cup? Sinnoh cup? NO! If he didn't cry, throw a tantrum, or pitch a fit every time he lost after the first one in Kanto, why can't May or Dawn? And for the record, its all right to be upset for losing so long as you don't pitch a fit or start crying, and while Misty had moments where she was upset for losing, she also accepted it for the most part in a mature manner (case in point, her loss against Giselle, as well as her loss in the Whirl Cup).

And for the record, what you're referring to is not the same thing: Look, I've watched Princess vs. Princess, I saw how Misty reacted when that girl-mob stampeded like brainless people. That in itself was enough proof that she was absolutely nothing like May or Dawn. I've also heard of Love Hina as well as how the girls acted in that manga, I heard how they were portrayed was a bad thing. May and Dawn, not to mention the Fiorello Fangirls were also similar in that respect. Now, Tough, correct me if my interpretation is way off, but I think what I'm saying right here is exactly what you're trying to communicate.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years

Thumbs Up to that :)

She may have been upset about losing, but at least she didn't cry every time she lost after the first one. It's never a good thing to cry after the first loss. I mean, did ASH cry or throw a tantrum when he lost the Johto cup? Did he pitch a fit when he lost the Hoenn cup? Sinnoh cup? NO! If he didn't cry, throw a tantrum, or pitch a fit every time he lost after the first one in Kanto, why can't May or Dawn? And for the record, its all right to be upset for losing so long as you don't pitch a fit or start crying, and while Misty had moments where she was upset for losing, she also accepted it for the most part in a mature manner (case in point, her loss against Giselle, as well as her loss in the Whirl Cup).

And for the record, what you're referring to is not the same thing: Look, I've watched Princess vs. Princess, I saw how Misty reacted when that girl-mob stampeded like brainless people. That in itself was enough proof that she was absolutely nothing like May or Dawn. I've also heard of Love Hina as well as how the girls acted in that manga, I heard how they were portrayed was a bad thing. May and Dawn, not to mention the Fiorello Fangirls were also similar in that respect. Now, Tough, correct me if my interpretation is way off, but I think what I'm saying right here is exactly what you're trying to communicate.

I do not mind your argument, you are supporting what you are saying and I truly appreciate your way. But The thing I want to knock off is the criticism on Dawn and May. You like Misty, I am ok with that, but to say the others are horrible (which you didn't) is what I extremely detest.

Anyway, My reply after looking into this debate.....
    I don't want to go all mad over misty because of her fans, but all I am saying is she is NOT better than any of the other girls nor are the other girls better than her. Everyone of them have their own personality, their personality is what makes each one of them beloved to me.

Misty's fear from bugs made her deep. She didn't have much things to do as much as May and Dawn, my memory about Kanto and Johto isn't so vivid but all I remember she did was carry Togepi, start flaming, and had a couple of battles. Is that too much? No. Does that make her bad? No! She did have some sort of uniqueness and as I said, she isn't that shallow.

May's nagging about hunger is what made her quite "funny" , the idea of someone desperate for food....it just makes me smile, so in other words, there is nothing wrong for her to do that, its better than a shallow character. Unlike Misty, May had more significance in the branch of contests. Its quite good to focus on different characters in that way, and Unlike Misty too, May developed MORE.......she first was against Pokemon Battles and such, you can later on see how she changed. She had her own rivals, conflicts, and development, so I dare you say she was the worst character or something...

Dawn almost follows May, A Coordinator as well, with a dressing of ambition. She as well had a significant role in Pokemon Contests, she was the one who had Ash learned Counter-Strategies and some cool moves. I also adored the way she was on Ash's side all the way, the way she discarded Zoey and whoever that guy was just to cheer on Ash. She also had her funny Piplup, he wasn't annoying at all, he was hilarious, your just over-emotional and just trying to find a way to hate the series if you say he is annoying. I think Dawn, beside Misty, was the one how showed affection to Ash xD . Dawn was also skilled in Pokemon Contest later on, at first, her loss is what made her character interesting. It also added a taste of realism, I didn't like how the main characters always bypass the odds no matter what, Dawn broke that rule by 2 consecutive losses.

So as you can see, there is nothing wrong with all the girls, they had really good significance and roles whether its humor or.......Ugh...you know what I mean!

And BTW, Iris by far, is an EPIC character, I just love her! She isn't ugly by any mean, that's just racist D: She is nothing like annoying!!! She is amazing, her line "Your Such a Kid" is just so cool xD love it. Your just naggy and nostalgic of you say such thing as annoying <_< Or....you don't have a sense of slight humor.

By far, Pokemon did well in their characters....Non of them were unappealing to me by any means.....if you think they are, give a VALID argument! Saying shes "Annoying" isn't enough, coz I cannot tell whether that's true since not everyone agrees on that. Either give me a Solid Proof where the character was bad or just don't talk!

Back