• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who names their kid Dude?

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
  • I'm friends with a guy named Tuna. His name sounds so hilarious to me. (He's Turkish.)

I once saw a birth announcement for a Sharpay. As in, the HSM character.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • My parents knew someone whose name was 'Richard Head' (Richard = first name, Head = last name). Now.. it doesn't seem so bad at first, right? But what's the shortened name for Richard? Yeah. You get it now. (If you don't know, google it.)

Years
  • I was like literally spewing when I heard someone named their child "Facebook" and also the one that was named "Like". Looks like their parents were Facebook addicts or something but oh god that's even worse than the crazy names most celebrities tend to give to their kids.

Like seriously internet terms shouldn't be names of people, now I'm starting to think someone would name their child "Tumblr" or "Flickr" next or something lol

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • What makes me most ticked off about when people name their children something dumb is because it's off of something the parent likes. So for example, I heard a lot of stories about people liking My Little Pony so much that they named their child Twilight Sparkle. If you really like a name change yours. Don't make this poor innocent child suffer.

Being unique is something people want in their child's name. They don't want their child to be yet another Jessica. I totally get it. But try to pick a name that's been used before but is not as common. Most of the time when they name their kid something they have thought of it themselves. So like, North, being that example.

Parents really need to think about their child in the future. How can a kid named Hashtag apply for a job? These are things parents need to think about but they don't and then you end up having kids with stupid names.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • In Grade Six, my teacher told me of her friend that was going to name her unborn daughter "ABCDE." Apparently you're supposed to pronounce it "Abyss-sid-dee," but it just looks stupid + looks too much like "obesity."

Some parents just don't understand that strange names and spellings are actually detrimental. It's not creative. Kids can diminish their self-worth for having a weird name, plus employers are more likely to hire a guy with a professional name like Matthew or Charlotte compared to "Kitty" or random letters of the alphabet.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • The most ridicolous name ive ever heard someone being called was a classmates baby brother, whose second name was apparently "Gora"...i have yet to hear something worse than that

Yukari

I remember someone being named "Bear Blue". I think whoever named him must have been drunk.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    "Abcde."

No, seriously. My cousin told me this little girl who goes to their church is named Abcde. It's pronounced Ab-kuh-dee.

Abcde.

Belldandy

Years
  • "Abcde."

No, seriously. My cousin told me this little girl who goes to their church is named Abcde. It's pronounced Ab-kuh-dee.

Abcde.

Lol Look up further on the post and you'll see my teacher's friend's daughter was named ABDCE but pronounced "abyss-sid-dee!" Absolutely ridiculous lol

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Lol Look up further on the post and you'll see my teacher's friend's daughter was named ABDCE but pronounced "abyss-sid-dee!" Absolutely ridiculous lol

Goodness.. I didn't realize the first five letters of our alphabet could be such a popular.. uhh.. "name".. Lol

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I heard of siblings named Tamara, TaDae, Yesterdae and Tonite. (Tamara is so lucky to get an actual name. The others...)

It seems like parents these days are trying to think of the dumbest names they can to be "yoonique".

I also heard of a woman on Facebook considering Adorabella. That sounds like something you'd name a fairy tale princess, not a real baby.

There was also McKiley and Kenzly, both girls. BARF. And get this horrible moniker: Sir Devlin Khan Raijin Xenophon. What a load of pretentious garbage.

http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/post/42335580459/yoonique-baby-names
    I also saw a real kid named Alucard, and little kids named Hensli, Novalee, and Athan. There was also an Eighmey, a Lynsey, a Marraine, and a Kendyl who hated their names. (I can see why...)

http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/post/45546786290/baby-name-drama-for-your-mama
    Apparently, parents don't read popularity charts. "There will never be another Serenity Grace" - Serenity is the 58th most popular name for American baby girls, and Grace is a filler middle name, so obviously there are plenty of other Serenity Graces out there. "Everyone is using Ahmauri now." I've never heard that "name" until I read this post. (And look at the post of that girl named Lisa being rude to that guy named Cody - guys can be interested in baby names too. My first name was actually given to me by my father - my mother wanted to name me Khalid but my father didn't like that name. Besides, Mum named my sister and my brother.) Other atrocities included Iyrin, Deklan (this spelling looks like a good name for a boy whose parents are in the Ku Klux Klan), and Draedyn (not to be confused with the Pokemon character Drayden).

http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/post/79164903260/yoonique-baby-names-2014-edition
    Trexton Draze starts the list - he has a big brother named Vennex. Legna (angel spelled backwards - seriously, just name the girl Angel! Angel is a real name, unlike Legna.) And it's a ripoff of the atrocity that is Nevaeh (I know two bogans with little Nevaehs). And then there's Xoeigh. Yes, Zoe with an X and an unnecessary -igh.

And get this HILARIOUS one I heard...Squirrel. Yes, SQUIRREL. (And my computer had an ad with a squirrel in it when I looked at the page.) The same website also had Amarillo. Yes, the parents named their kid after the Spanish word for yellow.

Last edited:

Belldandy

Years
  • Sir Devlin Khan Raijin Xenophon... Though the name sounds exotic, the last part sounds xenophobic lol!

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I remember having a teacher name WUB and I literally couldn't contain myself every time we would say it aloud because they really had to say it like WUB, but the worst part is his second name also derives itself as WUBS, so his name can be said like Sir. WUB WUBS, and I just can't handle it xD

Years
  • I know someone named Charisma, except it's spelled Chrisma. @~@ And there's some people at my school with weird names, like Paradise and Treasure. One of my friends is named Shadow, and she hates when I call her Shadow the hedgehog. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2014
    I knew a kid that had the name "Ik" (I, K,) You pronounce them with two seperate letters. Dead serious.

Back