• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    If they can't put it in-game or have it obtainable via GS ball via wifi, at least do what they did with Manaphy. They could show us a picture of Celebi so we can search for it in the GTS station, seeing as you could only ask for the Pokemon you've seen in your Pokedex. After looking at the picture/sprite of Manaphy, I was able to search for it on wifi. (I actually obtained one that way.) I would be satisfied if they did that. It would still be rare, but we can still get it in a trade on wifi.

However, that doesn't meant that I don't want to be able to get Celebi in-game. I would be happy to get a Celebi in-game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they can't put it in-game or have it obtainable via GS ball via wifi, at least do what they did with Manaphy. They could show us a picture of Celebi so we can search for it in the GTS station, seeing as you could only ask for the Pokemon you've seen in your Pokedex. After looking at the picture/sprite of Manaphy, I was able to search for it on wifi. (I actually obtained one that way.) I would be satisfied if they did that. It would still be rare, but we can still get it in a trade on wifi.

However, that doesn't meant that I don't want to be able to get Celebi in-game. I would be happy to get a Celebi in-game.

Having it as a GS Ball WiFi event is something that'll more than likely happen. Though, there is one problem with it being obtained through the GTS. For one, there are sometimes rediculous trades made through the GTS where people are looking for something rare, such as Celebi, but want something totally more valuable than it. This can also go vice versa, as you may want something common, but others may want something extremely double the rarity for that one Pokémon. You've also can't forget the possibility of getting a hacked Celebi. This is very common, and certain Pokémon you obtain through events can't be put up through the GTS either. Some seem to come with a certain ribbon, it is uknown if this Celebi might be the same, but for a Pokémon like that, I wouldn't trust GTS too much. Anyway, there will most probably be a held event for it, it's jsut unknown what kind of event.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    celebi will NOT be catchable. hes like the erst of the ultra rare uncatchable legendaries. remember this game is a direct remake of G/S. could you get Celebi in G/S normally without an even or whatever? no you couldnt. so your not going to be able to in this game. Nintendo probably is going to do an even like they did every other game. that will be how you get him most likely.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    maybe this time he will be catchable,but,something like rayquaza,after ending the game..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    celebi will NOT be catchable. hes like the erst of the ultra rare uncatchable legendaries. remember this game is a direct remake of G/S. could you get Celebi in G/S normally without an even or whatever? no you couldnt. so your not going to be able to in this game. Nintendo probably is going to do an even like they did every other game. that will be how you get him most likely.

Even though more than likely Celebi will be held as an event, it is never to be disregarded of the possibility for it being an in-game catch. Pokémon has a knack for repitition, but then there are times where they shoot something out of surprise, for instance the new female. Anyway, no, GameFreak and Nintendo wouldn't single handedly give out a Pokémon this valuable, you are right about that. If so, then there might be a catch, such as either you may need something special, or they'll downgrade its IVs just to get back at us.

maybe this time he will be catchable,but,something like rayquaza,after ending the game..

Having it like how it was with Rayquaza doesn't seem to me as a good idea. The reason I say this is because, Celebi is located at the Shrine, which doesn't have any hard crossings to get through like how it was in RSE. With this, it'll be way too easy just to go there and catch it without much problem at all. However, like stated so many times before me, if they tie in a twist with the GS Ball like how they had happened to do it in Crystal, then that'll be pretty good. Except, I wouldn't expect the GS Ball to be given out freely in-game. More over, it'll be through a Wi-Fi even like the the Rotom Secret Key.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I think it'll be catch able only by getting the GS Ball which is likely to be a WiFi Event and hope so!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If it comes out over Wi-Fi, then I'm still screwed. No events ever come to the south and I don't have Wi-Fi because I'm a loser. If it were available in-game, I would scream and cry and possibly eat a walrus.

Water Cyndaquil

Low Nov
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2009
    That would be cool to catch Celebi. No one I know has ever seen that old R/S/E myth come true.

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    I hope so. My brother said Celebi was already catchable at the Azalea Shrine, or is that from an event or something?

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    I hope so. My brother said Celebi was already catchable at the Azalea Shrine, or is that from an event or something?

your brother is right. celebi was obtainable in japanese versions of crystal where you get the GS Ball. with the GS Ball you go to the Azalea Shrine and Celebi will appear. and i hope exactly the same event should be in HG and SS with the difference that there you should get the GS Ball via wifi as an event-item.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I really hope so, i like Celebi and it's a very powerfull Pokemon to use in battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Of freakin' course! Celebi is pretty much unobtainable to anyone not in Japan--and people in Japan who just didn't get the event activated or get the Japanese Colosseum bonus disk which also contained Celebi iirc.

I just hope that they actually make the GS Ball obtainable (unless that's what the Notched-ear Pichu is for) rather than just give away a bajillion free Celebi at a certain location. :/ You wanna give away Jirachi like that? Fine. But Celebi has its shrine therefore it should have its own in-game event.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Of freakin' course! Celebi is pretty much unobtainable to anyone not in Japan--and people in Japan who just didn't get the event activated or get the Japanese Colosseum bonus disk which also contained Celebi iirc.

I just hope that they actually make the GS Ball obtainable (unless that's what the Notched-ear Pichu is for) rather than just give away a bajillion free Celebi at a certain location. :/ You wanna give away Jirachi like that? Fine. But Celebi has its shrine therefore it should have its own in-game event.

More than likely, yes Celebi will be held through an event. It wouldn't make sense having all these legendaries be available from Hoenn, Kanto, and Sinnoh and not have Celebi who is originally from Johto itself. Not to mention, there hasn't been an available Celebi event in the US for quite sometime other than in Japan.

If the event is held, which more than likely it will, then I would think they would hold it through Wi-Fi with the GS Ball included. I wouldn't be surprised to see it match something similar to the Rotom Key event for Platinum. The shrine is there, so for Celebi it isn't like we don't have a place for it. When the event will be held, I would suggest a little while after the release of the game. I'm sure GameFreak and Nintendo would like for the fans to have purchased the game long enough so they will be ready for it. I don't think worrying about Celebi is to obig of a deal, because more than likely there will be a placeable event for it.

Houndoom88

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    i think they should cover the stupidity to not be able to catch celebi and leave a pokedex page blank in the previous games

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I think that Celebi should be catchable with an event. I really didn't liked it when celebi was not catchable out of japan in GSC(I had to cheat to catch it in the earlier games and see how it is and take a look at its event).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back