• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who thinks Missingno should be a legendary pokemon?

Brown

Breeder
Years
  • Pokemon discription "Now that you have caught this pokemon you're pokebox will be totally messed up and you can no longer save your game" x3

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • (Off-topic, but I've always wondered how Ditto manages to look cute while Grimer and Muk... don't. It probably has to do with the slimyness factor.)
    Little pile of slime > Big pile of slime

I mean, what would it's pokemon entry say?
    "Catching Missingno is like catching a cold - you won't dispose of it until you are really old."

Dark Hiro

Fear of the dark
    Years
  • It would make for a nice easter egg though.
    I mean i remember discovering the missingno exploit back when i was a wee lad in elementary school and showing a ton of friends the entry in that cheat magazine (the names not coming to me for some reason -.-).

He might not be a legendary pokemon or a pokemon at all , but its still a legend.

Scarlet the plusle

plusle lover
    Years
  • Missing no should not be a legendary! It looks like some messed up building. It's creepy and if it were a pokemon it should be a man made experiment like mewtwo or porygon that went horribly wrong. missingno is ugly, no pokemon should look like a deformed block of pixles.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • It's creepy and if it were a pokemon it should be a man made experiment like mewtwo or porygon that went horribly wrong. missingno is ugly, no pokemon should look like a deformed block of pixles.

Hey, another good idea for the origins of Missingno. It isn't even natural! It's a man-made abomination, an experimental freak gone horribly awry! Probably made on Cinnabar Island; it was a byproduct made when the computer programs used on the Mewtwo project accidentally fused with the computer-recorded DNA sequences extracted from Kabutops and Aerodactyl fossils, and the programs, designed to bring actual life to actual DNA cells, brought digital life to the digital DNA sequence.

A single Missingno escaped from the computers at the same time Mewtwo escaped from the now-destroyed mansion, and while Mewtwo fled north, Missingno fled east, and made its home along the Seafoam Islands coast. Ever since, it's been multiplying like a virus, and occasionally mutating into new forms. Its digital history also explains why it interacts badly with some computer programs found in average PCs, like the Wall of Fame one. ("MISSINGNO used GLITCH POWERS! WALL OF FAME became confused!")

Perhaps a flock of Missingno once devoured a Rhydon, returned to the main pack, and dispersed the "data" they ate to the rest, which is why sometimes Missingno evolves into Rhydon: fragments of Rhydon DNA is in its programs now.

Later, Silph researchers were able to discover the coding processes in the Cinnabar computers that Missingo "evolved" from; Silph Co. modified them and used them to create Porygon.

(Can you tell I like coming up with these ridiculous stories? I think I like the first one better, but this one is fun in its own way. Call the first version "Missingno, according to creationism," and this second version "Missingno, according to evolutionism.")

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Haha Missingno.. Good times. To me its considered a legendary. I treat it like a legendary. But no i dont think it should be a legendary. Its just a glitch.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • Pssh I always thought that if Missingno was a real pokemon it would be like a failed porygon that was virused passed the porygon-z form and forced into a violent state.... not a legendary... just a mistake....

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    An alternate corrupted evo for Porygon maybe? Meh.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A glitch that has been around since RBY You could even catch them at levels above 100 but it would often bess stuff up. I caught one before but it disappeared.

Years
  • I don't think so, for the reason that it isn't even really a pokemon. It is really just an error in the pokemon games.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    never knew there was a such thing as the "bird" type in the original games. Also, it seamed like it was an actual pokemon after reading that summary.

Scarlet the plusle

plusle lover
    Years
  • here's my idea on it's creation(excuse my spelling)

A scientist was trying to creat a new pokemon on his laptop but his computer got a virus turning the pokemon evil and strong. It manafested into reality and escaped his lab as a block of pixels. In the while it absorbed the DNA of a rhydon and the fossils of an areodactyle and kabutops. Like a cell it divided into many transportin g it's new DNA into all it's clones causing them to take the forms of these creatures. Since it's computer based it causes PC's to malfunction. When a missingno dies it becomes a ghost-like virus.

that's my theory...

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I doubt it could officially become a ledgendary because I don't think Nintendo knows about it

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • FUnny stuff.....No I don't. But here are two pictures you might like.

the three forms of missingno

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I doubt it could officially become a ledgendary because I don't think Nintendo knows about it

Oh yeah, Nintendo knows about it. They've got a Troubleshooting page about it, for people that have trouble with it. They apparently don't go into enough detail to clarify that it isn't malevolent and won't damage anything but your Hall of Fame record, and they don't say anything about the more malevolent glitch Pokémon, nor the various methods by which one could find them, but yeah, they know about it. A glitch as big as Missingno can't have escaped their attention for over a decade.

(Yes, Nintendo does say that Missingno is "not a real part of the game." That doesn't make speculation about whether or not it could make a good Pokémon/legendary any less fun, I think. And they DO refer to it as a Pokémon.)

Back