• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Was Your Best Teacher?

PoketalkCreator

Just Some *****
    Years
    My fourth grade teachers were extremely nice to everyone. One of em had a pet tarantula in her classroom that she let me HOLD! And the other gave us amazing experements like disecting sheep Eyes!!!! Black puss came out, if you're wondering. Or my sixth grade math teacher, he made boring math fun. He made us spend half the class period laughing. "Mr. Campbell, what can I do for you?" "Rub my feet."

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Nearly all of my English teachers were great (which is why I've become an English major - teachers influence your careers!). I would have to say my best English teacher was my AP Literature teacher I had as a senior in high school. He wasn't too nice nor was he mean. He used to be a professor, so he knew what he was doing (at least you would assume). He was the kind of teacher who was brutally honest - if you wrote a crap paper, he would tell you in somewhat the kindest way possible, but you know he was also being harsh at the same time for your own good. But I tell ya, if he wasn't harsh, my first essay in college would have been lower than a C.

The other reasons why I liked him was his teaching style. He worked you hard in the beginning of the year, but it wasn't for nothing. You were definitely prepared for the AP exam (and for life in general because he would preach about his experiences and give you life-lessons). Oh and those quizzes that we had were nothing like those multiple guess quizzes you get in most classes. You didn't just have to read the assigned reading, you had to go out and research anything you didn't understand - you had to think outside the box, create a curious mind if you didn't have one already, and look up things on the Internet to do well on his quizzes. But even if you did poorly on quizzes, you were saved by participation which was worth half the grade for good reason. When you get in college, the professors expect you to participate, so opening yourself up in my English teacher's class was a great experience. Everyone knew each other and we all became a big family.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    My Biology teacher in tenth grade was pretty great. Basically he was frat boy who loved biology and all movies. He never lost the movie game and he had great stories that would put us in tears. Hilarious guy.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
    I also loved my 4th grade science teacher, all we ever did was blow crap up. xD once... Brandon set the field on fire because we were outside and a wire was connected wrong. The teacher laughed and we put it out with water xD ah, Mr. Mizikar those were the days.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Hm... Well, my favorite teacher would have to be my World History teacher from 9th grade. He was great, he played videogames and taught in an amazing way. You could tell how much he really loved history. Myself and some other videogame nerds would always be exchanging friend codes with him so that we could play with him over internet/Wi-Fi. He reminded me of my cousin who is currently in college to be a history teacher and so that really helped during class. I was like, the only one who got his style of teaching though so not many of the other kids liked him. But I would always be emailing him asking him about assignments and he was just a very helpful teacher! I wish that all of my teachers were like him...

Also, my English 1 teacher was pretty great. She was an old lady but she sure didn't act like it. O_O; I've heard that many English teacher's are... Hyper though... She would jump on the desks and we would be watching funny movies in class and always reinacting various plays (Which was tons of fun with her b/c we got to dress up and have fake sword fights ^^;) And she would almost never give homework and ask us WHEN we wanted it due, or when we wanted our 'Quizipoo's.' XD And on the final study guide it said 'THE REALLY FUN ESSAY' which was a laugh. Whenever we had an assignment she'd go on about how much fun it would be and stuff. She really liked our class. I guess that she wasn't so nice in the CP and General classes though...

From experience it seems that the teachers teach much better and are more connected with the class in Honors. Once I was in a CP Geometry class and man... That blew my mind... O_O Those kids had NO respect for the teacher and complained about EVERYTHING. Never signed up for a CP class ever again >.<;

Lycanthropic-Manx

Mr. Kitty
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    My Business studies teacher is great! She spends half the time telling funny anecdotes and still manages to get work done and teach us stuff. The whole class loves her, even though she can be really tough and is super stict on the rules. She's one of those people thats seems intimidating, but is really sweet and cool when you get to know them!

Also, I had a bit of a crush on my maths teacher. So cute and sweet and smart and... *sigh*... Unfortunately I might be switching classes when school starts up again. ;;

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My graphic design teacher.
    My English teacher from 11th grade.
    My English teacher from 9th grade.
    My English teacher from 8th grade.

I must have a thing for English teachers. I can't pick between those four.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I had an english teacher who I got in trouble with at first but was really nice and didn't take bs from anyone, A really nice social studies teacher who liked sports like I did and we talked a lot, and a really cool spanish teacher who was replaced by an annoying one midway throught the year :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'd have to say Ms. Katsandris 5th/6th grade teacher. She was the best teacher I could ever ask for.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    My french teacher a couple of years ago... she was so nice to me. If I got a question wrong she would help me and not shout at me like all the other teachers in my school did. D;

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    Mrs.Romans. <3

She used to let me call myself off.

She never noticed when i would just walk out.

and she was AMAZING. She gave a lecture on cuss words, especially the F word, once.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    The english teacher I had in Year 10 and 11 was my best teacher, we were nearly always watching Videos in his lessons, although sometimes we did half a lesson working then spent the other half watching videos, and some of the videos were actually related to the subject (Of mice and men is one example)

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    I had this amazing English teacher when I was in year 9, she really made me love the subject and realise that I was actually quite good at it. She had loads of great ideas like getting us to do a five minute, modernised version of "Much Ado About Nothing" and on the last day we re-enacted "A Series of Unfortunate Events." She even helped us start up a drama group, when we had no funding.

Unfortunately she left in my second year at that school. And the drama group also ended because the teacher who replaced her was too controlling and wouldn't let us do what we wanted.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Dr. Hare, a math professor that I had for three courses in college. He was older, but he was a very nice and helpful professor and I would sometimes drop by his office just to chat. Very approachable. Sadly, he's retired now, and nobody I've had since has been quite as good as he was.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    My favorite teacher was my seventh grade Computers teacher. We did a loooot of fun stuff. He always cracks jokes, even when he shouldn't. He is really laid back, and doesn't yell about anything.

He even said he wants us to play games on the computer sometimes while he is talking, just be discreet about it. He didn't care if we ate, or whatever. Also, he hosted a field trip to the Robo Games, which was pretty awesome. Theen, we ate at In and Out Burger sooo yeah. xDD

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    My maths/p.e teacher. He was in his twenties and got on great with all of the kids. He could act like a friend to you, exchanging music, talking about the latest movies or who's dating who and whatnot, but he could still be professional. I didn't like him much for p.e, because I don't like sports. But he was great as my maths teacher, especially compared to the last one. He'd take time out of his break to help you, and he had several ways to explain one formula, so he could always get you to understand. he was cool. I don't think he liked me much, but he was a great teacher

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Mrs. Becky Mills. The best 1st Grade teacher ever. Followed by my English Teacher last year ... She was sexy ... Hehehe

Back