• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO WOULD WIN? DRAGONITE OR SALAMENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I love dragonite, but salamence would out speed him with stone edge... I like dragonite more, but if he uses dd then... Dragonite!!!

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    As for the looks department...Dragonite all the way. His cute sorta bad ass look would fool Salamence into going easy on it, then Blizzard would make Salamence be like "zomg I waz rong!11"

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    As for the looks department...Dragonite all the way. His cute sorta bad ass look would fool Salamence into going easy on it, then Blizzard would make Salamence be like "zomg I waz rong!11"
    I agree with you all the way!

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    IMO, it would be Dragonite. Although... both are consider OU & Pseudo-legendaries, Speed and Sp.Def stats count as well...

Salamence outspeed Drago but Drago has a base Sp.def stat of 100 & Def stat of 95...
    Drago can KO Salamence with Blizzard or any other SE atks....
    But I can say Salamence is one powerful OU...

Last edited:

BigIce17

Ulimate Trainer
    Years
    omg...wow i had way different opinions lol. For looks i would go with salamence all the way. I have a shiny one for instance in diamond and he is bright green pretty nice one to have actually. and in strength I would probably say dragonite however salamence's speed might actually overpower dragonite and catch it with stone edge or rock slide or some devastating move.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    There is dd! My dragonite took a draco meteor from salamence and 1HKOed it after with outrage!

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I neglected to raise this point in my first argument, but dragonite is first gen which means he automatically beats a salemence due to the "the first-gen nostalgia superiority complex phenomenon" which states any first generation pokemon can/will defeat any other pokemon from subsequent generations.

For example, a caterpie could easily beat a Salemence.

(PS This is me having a dry humor and love of first gen pokemon, everything I said in this post is a lie- but hopefully my joke isn't entirely unnappreciated)

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I neglected to raise this point in my first argument, but dragonite is first gen which means he automatically beats a salemence due to the "the first-gen nostalgia superiority complex phenomenon" which states any first generation pokemon can/will defeat any other pokemon from subsequent generations.

For example, a caterpie could easily beat a Salemence.

(PS This is me having a dry humor and love of first gen pokemon, everything I said in this post is a lie- but hopefully my joke isn't entirely unnappreciated)

Not a lie. Caterpie's are tanks and are REALLY cool ._. They were made cooler again by the anime and "Cow"terpie :) I love the bad jokes in Pokemon, they make me laugh.
    Btw, it was who would win in looks and strength. Caterpie has Salamence covered in the looks department...so I guess it's a draw? :)

Nostalgia ftw, Dragonite was considered the machine of the first gen. For good reason :D

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    It makes me laugh because with pokemonsave (computer file that allows you to hack pokemon in saved games) I could easily make an uber caterpie :D

Maxed out Stats:
    FireBlast
    ThunderBolt
    Blizzard
    Body Slam

(I would likely give it a better moveset than that- just tired and thinking of clearly strong attacks and could exploit different weakness)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Heh, killer caterpie! I have a hack for weedle:
    Max stats
    Frenzy Plant
    Blast Burn
    Hydro Pump
    Hyper Beam

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    We must battle them sometimes, I do warn you however, my caterpie will be wearing a quickclaw and be equipped with psychic and fire attacks.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Salamence.

I mean
    Who USES Dragonite? :S
    I mean, I like Dragonite a lot more
    But, in order to correlate to the topic
    Salamence would mop the floor with Dragonite, any day.

That's the sad truth of it. There's little that's better about Dragonite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back