• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO WOULD WIN? DRAGONITE OR SALAMENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    That's the sad truth of it. There's little that's better about Dragonite.
    I pretty much wouldn't agree with that...
    As I mentioned earlier, both are Pseudo Legends & are OU. But the chances of Drago surviving a DD are pretty much... high.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Dragonite.

I believe any Pokemon can be faster than another, and even if s/he is slow, Dragonite can actually take a Dragon STAB and still be alive.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, and pokemon,com chose dragonite over salamence! Heh.

BigIce17

Ulimate Trainer
    Years
    ....I gotta agree with Don. I like Salamence a lot. The mere fact of speed might be able for it to completley unleash an attack that would tear Drago to shreds. Also looks? I mean come on? Drago is like a little baby. When have u heard of a strong baby. Thts like killin someone with play dough.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    My drago took 1 hit from a bulkymence and survived (draco meteor), then he 1HKOed it with outrage!

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
    By looks alone, I'd put my money on Salamence. Dragonite looks far too docile to do any sort of damage...well, asides that massive one in the Lighthouse episode in the Indigo League. I wouldn't mess with that one.
    Otherwise...who knows. It'd depend on stats, moves and luck. Like everything else in the game.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Salamence in every way.
    He not only looks more fearsome, he can outspeed (I believe) and OHKO Dragonite with Outrage or Draco Meteor.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    well who would win between charizard and dragonite?

i know dragonite won last time but i think if it is a high levle charizard that knows dragon moves it will double the damage per attack it lands and would win...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Salamence is faster and stronger than Dragonite; 1 vs. 1 Salamence curbstomps.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Salamence is faster and stronger than Dragonite; 1 vs. 1 Salamence curbstomps.

Salamence is Overhyped. He doesn't stand a chance against my Rain Dance team.

Garchomp can't survive a hit from my Heracross or Kingdra.

Guaranteed.

Anyway, I have been talking a lot of trash. Time for me to back it up with an explanation.

Salamence has better Speed and Attack.

Dragonite has base 134 Atk and Salamence has base 135 Atk.

However, Dragonite is superior in both defense stats. I believe that Dragonite can survive a hit from Salamence and then 1HKO with Outrage.

In conclusion, they are both great Pokemon. I think a battle between them would come down to luck.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Good question. Well, both can defeat each other, thats certain. They both use dragon. IDK.I like Salamence, but i wont be bias. I cant choose. ;)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Salamence is Overhyped. He doesn't stand a chance against my Rain Dance team.

Garchomp can't survive a hit from my Heracross or Kingdra.

Guaranteed.

What kind of unrelated garbage is this? Garchomp outspeeds and OHKO's both of them. GUARANTEED.

Rain Dance teams have no relevance in this thread, and 1 vs. 1 Salamence completely murders non-SS Kingdra.

Anyway, I have been talking a lot of trash. Time for me to back it up with an explanation.

Salamence has better Speed and Attack.

Dragonite has base 134 Atk and Salamence has base 135 Atk.

However, Dragonite is superior in both defense stats. I believe that Dragonite can survive a hit from Salamence and then 1HKO with Outrage.

Dragonite is not living an Outrage from Salamence stop thinking that he will.

In conclusion, they are both great Pokemon. I think a battle between them would come down to luck.

Or just, you know, Salamence outspeeding and OHKOing him.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Or just, you know, Salamence outspeeding and OHKOing him.

You need to pay more attention. I highly douby the retard shark Garchomp reaches a speed of 538. Which is the number my Kingdra reaches during Rain Dance. One Draco Meteor will destroy him. Plus the STAB bonus.

I know a guy who's Dragonite survives every hit (except probably a Guts Heracross). His Dragonite always beats enemy Salamences.

He is not better in every way. Each Pokemon has their own weaknesses and strengths and are each useful in their own way.

Lol, Salamence can't even 1HKO my Kingdra with a Super effective Outrage. What makes you think it will kill Dragonite with superior HP and Defense stats?

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    You need to pay more attention. I highly douby the retard shark Garchomp reaches a speed of 538. Which is the number my Kingdra reaches during Rain Dance. One Draco Meteor will destroy him. Plus the STAB bonus.
    When was Chomp and Kingda involved? Did I miss some super-secret PM assualt between you two?

A Salamence with 252 Atk EVs causes approximately 350 damage with Outrage to Kingdra, and that's disregarding the likely DDance/CB.

Updated damage:

Salamence with 369 Attack vs. Kingdra with 317 Defense and 354 Hp.
    Damage: 304 - 358
    Damage: 85.88% - 101.13%

Salamence with 405 Attack vs. Same Kingdra
    Damage: 333 - 392
    Damage: 94.07% - 110.73%

Salamence with 369 Attack and a DDance boost vs. Same Kingdra.
    Damage: 454 - 534
    Damage: 128.25% - 150.85%

CB Salamence with 369 Attack vs. Same Kingdra.

Life Orb Salamence with 369 Attack vs. Same Kingdra.
    Damage: 396 - 465
    Damage: 111.86% - 131.36%

As you can plainly see, you must have been fighting one pathetic excuse for a Physical Salamence. =3

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    When was Chomp and Kingda involved? Did I miss some super-secret PM assualt between you two?

A Salamence with 252 Atk EVs causes approximately 350 damage with Outrage to Kingdra, and that's disregarding the likely DDance/CB.

Updated damage:

Salamence with 369 Attack vs. Kingdra with 317 Defense and 354 Hp.
    Damage: 304 - 358
    Damage: 85.88% - 101.13%

Salamence with 405 Attack vs. Same Kingdra
    Damage: 333 - 392
    Damage: 94.07% - 110.73%

Salamence with 369 Attack and a DDance boost vs. Same Kingdra.

CB Salamence with 369 Attack vs. Same Kingdra.

Life Orb Salamence with 369 Attack vs. Same Kingdra.
    Damage: 396 - 465
    Damage: 111.86% - 131.36%

As you can plainly see, you must have been fighting one pathetic excuse for a Physical Salamence. =3

But because of Swift Swim, I get to go first and I usually 1HKO him with an Ice Beam or if they are using a Yache Berry, Dragon Pulse. I rarely let my Kingdra take a hit from a Salamence though. And he uses Dragon Claw over Outrage, so do the math for Dragon Claw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back