• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO WOULD WIN? DRAGONITE OR SALAMENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Dragonite! Dragonite! you Idiots! Salamence lv100 VS Dragonite Lv 100= Salamence is SCREWED!

Excuse me, but Platinium is only availble in minor stores right now SO.... let's stick with the original GSC. SALAMENCE IS SCREWED LIKE I SAID THERE. In FRLG, I screwed one at Battle tower. PLUS. The Average Dragonite knows Thunder.in RSE... Well, I still haven't played those :/ But I still think Drago' would win. in DP,not PT, Because like I firstly said, Platinium isn't available in many stores yet. Contuing, Dragonite would rock Salmence to death with his outrage.

FASTER?WTH?HITS HARDER?WTH? Excuse me, i could outfast the elite 4 with Drag'nite! PLUS, I SCREWED ALL OF EM! MY CHAR' JUST AUTOMATICCALY DIED BCZ OF LORELEI!and also, in Gen1, He would Screw Salamence cuz he's not even there XD

BIG BOLDED TEXT ONLY SHOWS YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT OTHER THAN SCREAMING.

You've been presenting nothing worthy to reply to, however, since I'm such a peachy guy, I'll take time and effort to reply to your ideas. In game doesn't count, since all in game Pokes absolutely suck. A real person would murder your Dragonite with Salamence with no difficulty. Salamence's physical offensive stats are better in every single way.

Logitech

~Pokémon Spriter~
    Years
    Dragonite is outclassed by Salamence. Salamence is Faster and Hits Harder.

There's little use of Dragonite now that Salamence, too, gets the Dragon Dance/Outrage Combo.

Just because it came first doesn't mean it's better. Look at poor Blaziken, who it completely outshined by Infernape.

even in RSE/FRLG/DP, Salamence can easily defeat 'nite.

I hate both of them equally, though. I hate how overrated Dragon-Types are in general.

Disregarding his last sentence, I would say that Salamence would probably win Dragonite because of it's speed.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Excuse me, but Platinium is only availble in minor stores right now SO.... let's stick with the original GSC. SALAMENCE IS SCREWED LIKE I SAID THERE. In FRLG, I screwed one at Battle tower. PLUS. The Average Dragonite knows Thunder.in RSE... Well, I still haven't played those :/ But I still think Drago' would win. in DP,not PT, Because like I firstly said, Platinium isn't available in many stores yet. Contuing, Dragonite would rock Salmence to death with his outrage.

Doesn't matter. Even without Outrage, Salamence wins. I already ran the damage calculations, assuming Dragonite and Salamence are both EV'd in Attack and Speed, with the remaining 4 EVs in Sp Atk or HP, Salamence would go first with his 405 attack, assuming no modifiers like Choice Band or anything, and Dragonite would have 195 Def and 292 HP. Salamence would use Stone Edge which would be 2x effective, and would do over 300 damage, thus OHKOing Dragonite. And that's not assuming a critical hit.

papabopp

master
    Years
    (I neglected to raise this point in my first argument, but dragonite is first gen which means he automatically beats a salemence due to the "the first-gen nostalgia superiority complex phenomenon" which states any first generation pokemon can/will defeat any other pokemon from subsequent generations.)

i totally have to agree with you on that besides that though id have to go with salamence

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Wow, it's like trying to choose between Coke and Pepsi.

I'll choose Salamence because it's the only one of the two i have, plus it's backstory about desperatly wanting to fly is so cool.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    0 Attack EV, 31 Attack IV, Neutral Natured, Life Orbed Salamence vs. Neutral Natured, 0 Defense EV, 31 Defense IV Dragonite. Salamence uses Dragon Claw.

Damage:
    308 - 363
    Damage: 95.36% - 112.38%

Even with such poor EVs and Nature, Salamence still manages to OHKO Dragonite. Salamence would usually carry more EVs in Attack and a positive nature in Physical attack, while Dragonite is given the standard EV set. SpecsMence manages to OHKO Dragonite with Draco Meteor without a doubt. Salamence outspeeds Dragonite and proceeds to an OHKO. Therefore, Salamence would beat Dragonite in a battle, regardless of which generation. You have no arguement.
    FASTER?WTH?HITS HARDER?WTH? Excuse me, i could outfast the elite 4 with Drag'nite! PLUS, I SCREWED ALL OF EM! MY CHAR' JUST AUTOMATICCALY DIED BCZ OF LORELEI!and also, in Gen1, He would Screw Salamence cuz he's not even there XD
    Salamence has a 100 speed stat (max 328) while Dragonite has an 80 speed stat (max 284). Therefore Salamence is faster and outspeeds Dragonite.

Salamence has a 135 attack stat while Dragonite has a 134 attack stat. Even though just slightly, Salamence does hit harder than Dragonite.

Now, I just overruled all the points you've been trying to make. =/

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Obviously, Salamence would win. However, Dragonite is still a great Pokemon worth using.

Bleuhorn

The Space Cowboy.
    Years
    No bibarel option!? Aww.... :' (

Salamance is one bulky odd looking pain in the arse if you train it right and depending upon the held circumstances (as far as movesets and greater SPD, ATK, SP. ATK), he could very well topple the giant we know as Dragonite, which was previously mentioned to boast better DEF stats (It's somewhat of a truth). Nevertheless, everything was already mentioned in this thread but every person is entitled to their opinion, ne?

Conclusion: Salamence is the greater dragon.

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
    the point is Dragonite EATS Salamence

YES. EXACTLY what I was going to say in my next post.First, Salamence is about as tool as a 9' tall man. Dragonite is probably about 15'. Plus Doesn't Salamence look lightweight? Doesn't Dragonite look heavy? yhen Dragonite could step on him and he'd go owy! plus salamence is small Dragonite could eat him anyday.

Lucar10

Record for Longest Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    I've heard that Dragonite has move called Asteriod Belt

Asteriod Belt: Psychic, 1 hit KO move which never misses

I think its a fake move because it has to be level 160 to get it :dragonite

Mewcario

Do The DooDoo!
    Years
    Dragonite:I'm fat and cuddly give me a huggey!

salamence: shut the f*ck up.

Dragonite: Huh.....?*gets killed by salamence*

Lucar10

Record for Longest Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    GO dumbpikAchu we like dragons

Go the 1 hit KO moves that never miss

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    SO WRONG!!!! *ee*dude, how come y'all like Salamnce so much? ok, If you think that Drago' is such a piece of bullc, Dratini vs Bagon and Dragonair vs Shelgon. Bagon's weak right? so is Shelgon. Dratini is awesome right from the start.

How many times to we have to point out that in a battle, Salamence will win? We've already proven this several times. You just don't know enough about the game to understand it apparently.

But, you're only 12 years old, so I guess it's excusable.

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
    How many times to we have to point out that in a battle, Salamence will win? We've already proven this several times. You just don't know enough about the game to understand it apparently.

But, you're only 12 years old, so I guess it's excusable.
    Excuse me, you should shut up(not offensively as I try to be as nice as a guy can.) and read my life story and thx Lucar10 :)I'm glad to know that not eveybody is against me in this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back