• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's Your Favourite Elemental Monkey?

Favourite Elemental Monkey?

• Total voters
    Years
    In Black and White, we have seen the introduction of 3 monkey Pokemon.

Their names are Pansage (Yanappu), Pansear (Baoppu) and Panpour (Hiyappu) and their evolutions Simisage (Yanakkie), Simisear (Baokkie) and Simipour (Hiyakkie)

The Striaton City Gym Leader uses the monkey strong against your starter, but go to the Dreamyard and a girl will give you the monkey weak against your starter but strong against the Gym Leader.

But which monkey do you like best and why, or do you like all of them! Vote now!

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    My favourite out of the three is Pansage. Why? I just think it looks the better out of the three and has the cooler design out of the three when it evolves.

Years
    Honestly, I liked all of them. The fact that you were given one at the start of the game, then you could catch the rest later on in the game was great. Plus they are all equal in cuteness xD

Years
    I like them all but my favorite is Pansear. It is a really cool fire type. I like how it looks, it is cool and it is cute. I like its attacks. It is very strong too. Pansear rocks!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't like any of the monkeys, but I used Panpour once. I never used it again. xD

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I was never a fan of either of 'em, to be honest....

I guess their designs never really caught my eye. :D

Years
    I hate all of them.

They're perfect examples of new Pokemon having random garbage on them and no bone structure.
    What's worse is that they appear everywhere in Black and White. Even our rivals have them.

Before you argue with me, compare Mankey or even Chimchar to these monkeys. Aipom is a terrible Pokemon, I'll give you that.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I hate all of them. They appear waayy too much in the game. I mean, seriously GF? Give it a break! We see it once with the first Gym, and we're done. You don't need to give it to every trainer in Unova.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I just love simisage's confident facial expression too much to not vote for it. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I hate all of them.

They're perfect examples of new Pokemon having random garbage on them and no bone structure.
    What's worse is that they appear everywhere in Black and White. Even our rivals have them.

Before you argue with me, compare Mankey or even Chimchar to these monkeys. Aipom is a terrible Pokemon, I'll give you that.
    This x1000.

If the question were 'who's your least favourite elemental monkey?', then the answer would obviously be Panpour/Simipour simply because of the ridiculous hair. It's as if Marge Simpson let her hair down then allowed it to get attacked by a blind barber: hideous! And, whenever I battled one, it's 'Scald' would always wreak havoc on whatever member was on my team at that point.

But that isn't the question: to answer it, it would have to be an emphatic 'none of them'.

Years
    they all look awesome b4 they evolve but only simisage looks awesome after. i think that simipour and simisear look a little weird.

But what i hate about them is that everyone has 1 so their not unique

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I hate them all. If I had to pick, I would probably say Panpour/Simipour. But honestly, they're overused and they're not even that great in battle in my humble opinion. I used Pansage once against the first gym... and never again will I use him. Tried out Panpour, too and it was a no-go. They were a nice idea, I guess... but I just don't like them at all.

Alakazamlax

Pretty Good Trainer
    Years
    I honestly think they all look terrible and are some of the worst of Gen V, and that's saying a lot! Pansage is probably the only one that even looks presentable, though.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    Agree with the last post, I honestly hate how they look. This might be aided by the fact that I do hate actual monkeys, I find them so insanely ugly. (the pokemon that is, real monkeys are another can of worms)

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Broccoli monkey <3 I HATE ALL their evolutions though. So frickin ugly. But I like Pansage the best for the cute little monkey who should never be evolved.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I like Panpour/Semipour the most but since I think it's design is pretty feminine, I always soft reset for a female one. While the "Pour" family is my favorite, Pansage/Simisage are close behind. I just don't care too much for Pansear/Simisear though.

Back