• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who's your partner?

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
Years
  • On Diamond I quickly got attached to Starly and worked to make him evolve the most, but after a while I got a Breloom onto the game and he has become the partner who I work with the most now along with the backup of Suicune. In general thought my whole Diamond team are partners to me but these two seem to stick out the most from all six of them. But looking back to when I played Hoenn Breloom (although was my favourite Pokemon then and now) wasn't significant to me enough to put in my team because then I was stuck to Salamence who is now a part of my Diamond team.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • On SS I did some hardcore egg-laying/trading at the beginning, so I had all three starter Pokemon. Now that I've got to the end, my top Pokemon is Feraligatr, but my Luxray and Charizard are close behind!

I always chose Feraligatr back in Gen 2, so it makes sense to me that he's my partner now. I've got to say though, the only legendary that has ever been any use to me in a battle is Lugia, who is a strong member of my team. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    On Platinum it was Charizard, Infernape, Garchomp, and Electivire during the time I was taking on the Battle Frontier. Right now on White it's my Salamence for the most part.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    mine would have to be my gardevoir who i have had since i caught her as a ralts about 8 years ago. she was on my final team in sapphire and now she she leads a team in my soul silver

RockinRiolu

Party time!
    Years
  • In pearl, I've always had two: Luxray and Flaaffy. I had my Luxray since he was lvl. 2, and it's never actually fainted. It's never been out of my team, and I've become stuck to it.

Flaaffy, my favourite pokemon. Never been out of my sight since I hatched the mareep egg I got in a spin trade. Hatched her in victory road, gave her an experience share and now she's my strongest pokemon. After she evolved from a Mareep, I made sure that she had an everstone.

For HG, Meganium, Leafeon and yet another Flaaffy.

Meganium was my starter pokemon. He was suprisingly strong, even then, and I was pretty suprised - to me, he seemed to learn moves so fast. I made sure I evolved him, as I love Meganium, and it's been the same since

This flaaffy has pretty much the same backstory as the other one: Spin trades, experience shares, everstones, all of it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013
    My Platinum partner would be Staraptor. My Heartgold would be Lucario I hatched and traded from platinum.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    In D/P/Pt, my partner Pokemon would be Luxray. :) I have always liked the Electric types like Raichu and Manectric in previous games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    My partner in Soul Silver was Crobat. Crobat because he's my favorite pokemon and he is cool.. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    In diamond it was Empoleon, he is a good defender and attacker, never go any where without him. He is my highest level pokemon and can knock out practically anything!!

ZeroCracked

Black Aura
    Years
  • I'm attached to my Starter, my Torterra, personally. My Giratina also holds a place in my heart. My home-grown Lucario is like my son.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    My Shiny Espeon! My first one anyway! lol We started together in Diamond I think, then I took him to platinum then to Soul silver. My new one is going everywhere except Hoen. I love this pokemon for some reason. I can't really put my finger on it. But I love the little guy!

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Bellossom and Blissey because Bellossom is my favourite pokemon and Blissey was really useful in my team.

Years
  • Ever since FR/LG, Snorlax has always been my main Pokemon. Recently in Platinum I have been training one, and in HeartGold I kept one in my team ever since I caught it using the PokeFlute.
    Chimecho has always been one of my favourite Pokemon, so in Pearl and HeartGold I trained one from a Chingling.
    These two Pokemon can usually be found somewhere in my party.

Back