• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why all the hate?

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Why do I keep coming across all all these people who hate the PSP so much? I don't see why anyone would hate it:\ It seems that no matter where I go, what forum I post on, there's always some post that leads to people dissing the psp.

All I hear is that it has dead pixles, breaks easily, gets scratches, bad battery life, is a pos, and hundreds of other things....

So I think I'll just clear some things up. I got PSP, the first week it was out (lucky enough it came out near my 16th birthday) There was no dead pixles, errors, sticky buttons, or anything. And yes, it has it's bad points, just like any other gameing system, but that doesn't mean it sucks.

Good points: Can play games, movies,music and store pictures
    Has great graphics on most games, movies look great
    big screen, a joy stick, and a sleek design
    Has many series from the PS2
    Wireless gameing, up to 16? players
    Has a nice built in menu n_n
    May be able to browse the web in the future(there putting out the upgrade in Japan first)

Bad points: Heavy, gets lots of smudges (fixed with a neat faceplate)
    Can't see the screen in very bright sunlight
    Screen can get scratched if your not carefull
    It's easyer to break than a GBA ( so keep it away from little kids)
    The off/on switch is a pain in the butt, you can't tell if it's off or on
    Battery will drain itself if you don't play it for a long time.
    High price

The good points out way the bad points (come on, it plays games, movies and music all in one, isn't that cool enough?) and most of the bad points can be avoided if your carefull with your system. So why all the hate?

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Sceptiles Master said:
    Me too i made a club and for no reason it got closed and i know it goes in other clubs, to be honest i like the psp better than the ds.

I haven't bought the DS yet, so I don't know which I like better. I guess there both really good in there own ways. Sorry to hear about your club.

RexRaptor

Bow to the Kaiser
    Years
    ' Easier to break then your GBA '

Thats not saying much, The GBA, like everything from Nintendo it seems, Is built likea Rock. I have litterly tossed my NES around, and it would still work. My dog got ahold of my GBA, it was scratched up a bit, But other then the drool and some scratches, it worked perfect.

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    RexRaptor said:
    ' Easier to break then your GBA '

Thats not saying much, The GBA, like everything from Nintendo it seems, Is built likea Rock. I have litterly tossed my NES around, and it would still work. My dog got ahold of my GBA, it was scratched up a bit, But other then the drool and some scratches, it worked perfect.

Ya, nintendo's pretty good when it comes to durablity. My friend has a GBA with a screen cracked in half and it still works ^^;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    ...We haven't had one of these for a while. Hopefully it stays like this and doesn't move into system war territory. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't have anything against the PSP's games or quality or tech specs. Personally, I don't want my game machine to play anything over than games just as much as I wouldn't want my toaster to blow up balloons. So that pro for you, is a con for others (like myself). Those problems you mentioned,there are cases, although they aren't as frequent as others would have you think.

Kurosaki

Hmm, I've had my DS since Christmas, and I bought a PSP today, and they're both just as good in my opinion. They both have their strong and weak points, and I wouldn't call the graphics a strong point, because last time I checked the graphics didn't determine the quality of a game. All you need to do to prevent scratches is to buy a cheap cover for it.

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    I lov both systems. but in my opinion the best portable is the gba. I like more gba games than ds and psp ones. for psp i have metal gear acid, ridge racer and darkstalkers chronicle.

zero-hunter x7

The Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2014
    I don't hate the PSP either, in fact I think it is a great handheld, I just like the GBA's games better. I guess I am just used to those games

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    If u ask me,i don't hate PSP anyother way,nor do i like it.So i'm kinda in the middle of it.I might get,but i dought it,my parents complain about the price.But that PSP Clan in my school is forcing me to hate it.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    I haven't got a PSP yet but I think the PSP would be okay, with good graphics, some nice games, I don't understand why people hate it so much, but I can't really judge until I get one.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Well. To answe the question of the thread, lots of people hate the PSP because they think of it as a mini computer, when it's not. It's just like a PS2. Yet no one calls it a mini computer. They both play movies, movies and games. And both play online. (In your face David. That's right. I remember that convo we had XD) Anyways, it's beause of the idiots that treat it like it's not a game system, that people dont like the PSP. (if that made any sense o.O)

I think the movie and mp3 player is cool and all. But it's just little add-on's, to me. Just like with the PS2. But people are making a huge deal about it. Now, there are more UMD movies for it than games. And the movies arent even good, so that makes it look even worse >< They need to pay more attention to the awesome games for PSP, and not the crappy movies.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    the reason you find so much hat.e for the PSP is because 4 or 5 months ago, there were certain members *coughDILOSEKANScough* and plenty of others who went around constanty bashing the DS and saying that the PSP was far superior to the DS, and making up a ton of bogus crap. When they kept doing that, a console war erupted, until Triforce wisely put it down. However, because of their constant badgering and putting down the DS, anti-PSP feelings grew, even though the war was over. So thats why many of us DS owners still dislike the PSP, which is ashame for people like you, who acknowledge both the good and bad aspects of it, and do not try to make it far superior to the DS.

OK, story time is over kids, back to your little discussion.

Kurosaki

Well. To answe the question of the thread, lots of people hate the PSP because they think of it as a mini computer, when it's not. It's just like a PS2. Yet no one calls it a mini computer. They both play movies, movies and games. And both play online. (In your face David. That's right. I remember that convo we had XD) Anyways, it's beause of the idiots that treat it like it's not a game system, that people dont like the PSP. (if that made any sense o.O)

I think the movie and mp3 player is cool and all. But it's just little add-on's, to me. Just like with the PS2. But people are making a huge deal about it. Now, there are more UMD movies for it than games. And the movies arent even good, so that makes it look even worse >< They need to pay more attention to the awesome games for PSP, and not the crappy movies.
    In your face David? Andy was agreeing with me, XD
    Well, Andy was telling me his PSP made a good iPOD, so *shrugs* The only game I have right now is Darkstalkers Chronicle, a good example of a game that doesn't need "uber kewl graph1cs!!!!!1111oneoneone!!!" to be good.

Years
    Yukito said:
    Hmm, I've had my DS since Christmas, and I bought a PSP today, and they're both just as good in my opinion. They both have their strong and weak points, and I wouldn't call the graphics a strong point, because last time I checked the graphics didn't determine the quality of a game. All you need to do to prevent scratches is to buy a cheap cover for it.
    As much as that is true, that is not how most people look at it anymore.
    Now everyone demands "?ber leet graphics that you actually start wondering if it's real or not"

I do not own a DS nor a PSP currently.
    But at the moment I'm more interested in the PSP than the DS.

In the end it all comes down to opinion. Some people just seem to think that everyone elses opinion is inferior to their own.

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    The only game I have is Untold legends, which I don't like at all. I'm going to trade it in for wipeout pure. The only movie I have is the spiderman 2 that came with it, but I'd rather watch movies on my TV than PSP. I think they put out to many movies/sports games for it. I can't wait until they start to get some better games for it. We need more RPGS!:laugh: I found that my PSP has replaced my CD player though. n_n

I would love to have a DS, but I'm waiting to see if they release a smaller one, kinda like what they did with the GBA.

Back