• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did you join PC

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I joined because I liked Rom hacking section, it inspired me to start my own hack. I like Fun time in... too

Years
    I joined because I am highly obsessed with Pokemon, and since none of my friends like it, it's great to talk to other people who think of Pokemon in the same way that I do.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    It was during the downtime of SPPf. No I didn't come from there. I was at Bulbagarden and Phantom Bugsy happened to join. Then she made her way to the PokeCommunity. I, of course knowing her almost as long as another certain member who "followed" me here also joined the site.
    And that was the best decision I ever made.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I found it through a google search for ROMS...
    And after looking around I thought it looked like one of the better Pokemon forums, so I joined, and this place is still the only forum that I visit regularly... x3

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    Well, I totally joined back in November 2002, when PE2K became a member of PC (which isn't anymore). I started to like PC, so when PE2K left, I stayed at PC.

I post at forums to totally communicate with other people, it gets really boring if you like sit in front of the computer doing nothing. =p

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Raichi advised me to join PC in one of our chats, so I did. Turns out 'tis a great place. ^^

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    .:Teresa:. said:
    Hm..This has been asked before! I really dont remember why I joined ^^'
    Same

I just liked pokemon at that time. Still do.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    A really good friend metion this to me while was in SPPf. I was getting a little angry at SPPf. And when I seen this forum was more fun, I became a lot more active here. And plus to discuss about Pokemon(the anime).

Last edited:
    Years
    I came here because of links in peoples' sigs elsewhere. One day, I decided that I'd go and check out those links, just to see what this place was like; I thought I could've used another place to post at the time anyways, just to help ward off any boredom I might have. Obviously, I ended up liking this place well enough to want to stay.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    meh,I wanted to reconnect with my spirital poke'mon roots,and I was hoping to finally find some type of mange on here(which I did!!!!thank you Nicoleb!!!!)

plus I was bored at the time..:\

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Allstories said:
    I joined the Pokémasters forums way back in 2001. At one point during my time there, I received a PM from Cas asking me to join her board, which would later escalate into the various Pikasurf forum incarnations. After one the later ones closed I e-mailed her asking what was going to happen next, and she said that everyone pretty much came to PC. So I came here, and have remained here for almost three and a half years. That's pretty much my entire history of being on Pokémon message boards. Most of that extends beyond the time I've actually been a Pokémon fan. This has not been a provocative life.
    What he said, almost exactly. Which is kind of creepy. Just switch the "e-mailed her asking what was going to happen next" with "IMed her to see what she meant when she said she had a fanclub at PC" and it's good. o_O;;
    Blue said:
    To spam.

...seriously, that's it. Worked out great, huh?
    I still crack up every time I hear that. XDD You're a bad spammer. D:

edit: Forgot I joined twice. XD The first time, before I knew Cas had come here, it was when I'd found the board through one of the Community Sites, since I still avidly browsed Pokemon sites through means of affiliate hopping (you know, start at one site and keep clicking their affiliates to get to others XD). Don't remember which one made me join, though. Probably either PPN or The APCC. o_o

edit2: Actually, it might've been The UD. I think it was that unless it wasn't up even then. In which case I'm stumped. @_@;;

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Jorfe: Why do you think we Modded you? The best way to stop a good spammer is to make them a Mod. Then they got to clean up all the crap they make. XD

Why did I join PC? Heck, I don't remember. I think it was because me and Soph were spamming up Sean's (who ran a Community Site back then) comment's board. Sort of funny, seeing how Jorfe said he joined to spam and I joined because of my spam. XD
    I think that really was the reason why I joined, I wasn't fond of the idea of a message board at the time. But since Sean got on both of us I joined and Soph did later on.
    So that's how I came to be on this forum all of you know as PokeCommunity. XD

Back