• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why do people hate the hoenn pokes so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
  • I loved the Pokes! Flygon, Swellow, Aggron, Torkoal, Altaria, Milotic, Salamence, Metagross, were some really cool Pokemon they introduced! They also had a whole lot more that were really cool! I kinda only liked the Pokemon though. The secret bases were cool, but I don't really get the point of those. I liked how they introduced contests. Contests are always fun, but I liked contests in Sinnoh better. I also though the storyline was a little boring. If they make a remake, I hope they make the game harder and the storyline better.

I think people might hate the Hoenn Pokemon because I think that might've been the point when people were considering it not to be "original" anymore. Kanto and Johto were the originals, but once we got to Hoenn, maybe people though this new Pokemon game wasn't a original anymore and feared for the future of Pokemon games, idk... :)

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Never hated them, but as much as I'm concerned, I guess they hate them for their design and stuff like that? D:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • I grew up with hoenn region thus not only it is my favorite region but it has the best pokemon ,legendarys and my favorite tiles..... HOENN the best region ever...

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
    Years
  • I don't hate Hoenn. Maybe the reason people might not like it / be familiar with it because Nintendo doesn't advertise the 3rd Gen as often as the other generations (in my perspective). Heck, I see little to no 3rd Gen Pokemon in Rumble or on most Pokemon Merchandise nowadays; correct me if I'm wrong. If Nintendo ever made a remake for Hoenn like they did for Kanto, then I could see people buying it.

Last edited:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    I grew up with hoenn region thus not only it is my favorite region but it has the best pokemon ,legendarys and my favorite tiles..... HOENN the best region ever...

besides kanto and johto is what i think you meant.

Rayquaza is one of my favorite legendaries.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    besides kanto and johto is what i think you meant.
    Um... no. I'm sure he literally meant he grew up playing them. RSE was probably his first Pokemon game. Not yours.

Nijiri said:
    Heck, I see little to no 3rd Gen Pokemon in Rumble or on most Pokemon Merchandise nowadays; correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yeah, Nintendo just released new Gen III merchandise. When I mean just, I mean like two weeks ago xD

Here is the article for the new merchandise.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I don't hate the 3rd Gen as much as I hate 5th Gen. In 5th Gen, I couldn't even tell what type the pokemon is.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    I grew up with hoenn region thus not only it is my favorite region but it has the best pokemon ,legendarys and my favorite tiles..... HOENN the best region ever...

Um... no. I'm sure he literally meant he grew up playing them. RSE was probably his first Pokemon game. Not yours.

Yeah, Nintendo just released new Gen III merchandise. When I mean just, I mean like two weeks ago xD

Here is the article for the new merchandise.

I was talking about the bold.

Years
  • I think it's because Hoenn had the unfortunate luck of coming right after Kanto and Johto, which people were very big fans of (off the bat if I remember right). That just makes it look like such a downgrade in comparison imho since the Pokemon looked quite different from what we'd previously gotten. I personally like Hoenn a lot; it's Sinnoh where things got a little strange to me.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Theres a lot of reasons

1- Pokemon had a different style compared to genI/II.

2- It had a cut down pokedex.In R/S a lot of the older pokemon were cut. The pokedex only consisted of 200/386 pokemon. Only a handful of my favourite pokemon were avaliable.

3- No connectivity with older games. :(

4- Cut features- the day/night system = GONE

5- G/S had amazing postgame content ie: playing through Kanto. While R/S had almost none. atleast Emerald had the battle frontier.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hey bros. This thread is over a month old, I'm afraid. Please don't revive them! Thanks.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back