• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do you play pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    I play pokemon because of the rarity and cuteness of all the little critters (or giant dragons.birds, and monsters)

Sakura-Katana

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    I've been obsessed with Pokemon since I first saw the TV show when I was 9. The whole concept of catching, training and battling little creatures is highly addictive to me.

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    I grew up with Pokemon from Blue Version (When I was 6) to Diamond Version (Now =P), it's too hard for me to let go of it and accept i'm too old. Maturity's over-rated anyway. ;P

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I love RPGs and I love the Pokemon. It's also really addictive =D.

ricktendo

Not a newb nor noob...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    The concept of pokemon in real life would be cool but if I play it`s not for battles but for the pokemon themselves.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I'm a fan of RPG games also, and I grew up with pokemon. I guess it's just hard to let go for good.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I play Pokemon because it's the only game, no matter handheld system, that I CANNOT beat in less than three days.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I play pokemon because it represents a part of my childhood that i loved. It's still a challenge for me after all these years to collect every pokemon and it's a test of my own strength of character to see if i can follow through with it. Although the in game plot is easy to beat, but still fun and addicting every time!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    I play it because the game itself rulez. When I got red I was stunned how great that game was. Going on adventures with some creatures called Pokemon and fighting battles with them is great. Also it takes a longer time to beat this game then some other games.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I grew up with Pokemon from Blue Version (When I was 6) to Diamond Version (Now =P), it's too hard for me to let go of it and accept i'm too old. Maturity's over-rated anyway. ;P
    Yeah same thing here pokemon introduced me to video games and cause of that I have almost zero friends

Back