• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why everybody rarely make a hack base on Emerald ?

cspmoneymaker

Unfortunately I use the emulator on my phone,not VBA.can't speed up.And I just don't have any experience in hacking,if I knew how I would make it.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunately I use the emulator on my phone,not VBA.can't speed up.And I just don't have any experience in hacking,if I knew how I would make it.

Well, I was just talking in general. I wasn't referring specifically at you. As for VBA... whatever emulator you use, it's still not a valid reason to choose Ruby over FireRed.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Emerald was a real advance with its usage of media, and it's hard to edit the vedios of cutscenes except for the sprites. Also, emerald has a lot of scripts.
    Pardon?

1. It's no more advanced that the other GBA games from the series, at least not in any way that would affect the average hacker.
    2. Why would the number of scripts affect anything? 0.o

There are just far too many scripts to even know which one should be edited first so the other one isn't damaged.
    Just insert your own scripts? Changing scripts using a fixed offset is never a good idea anyway.

(I think it has less free space, I dunno, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. More events, less free space? o.o)
    The amount of space you have in the rom dosen't come into play at all, simply add more space.

And yeah, because its graphics aren't really the best. :p
    They're better than R/S by a mile.

cspmoneymaker

Well, I was just talking in general. I wasn't referring specifically at you. As for VBA... whatever emulator you use, it's still not a valid reason to choose Ruby over FireRed.
    After all,I still like the Hoenn region more than others,whatsoever.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Does it always need a reason?
    Maybe they just have a bias to Firered or games other than Emerald.
    And it's pretty hard to use Emerald as a starting rom, since you can't do much with the very limited space it has.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Does it always need a reason?
    Maybe they just have a bias to Firered or games other than Emerald.
    And it's pretty hard to use Emerald as a starting rom, since you can't do much with the very limited space it has.
    you could expand the rom to 32mbs

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • well to get some major things up to par like graphics you would need to edit all the tiles because emeralds is lacking compared to firered and edit the flower animation there are some good emerald hacks but hay dose the rom base realy make a difference its about the hacking quality not the base the base is really only for preference the fact the emreald isnt used much shows not that most people dont prefer it over firered

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    you could expand the rom to 32mbs

I don't think I stated myself clearly enough.
    It's hard to use Emerald as a starting rom.
    Most beginners won't even know how to do that, or even what that means.
    Emerald is the superior game of the generations in terms of sheer features.

Years
  • The truth I've also always had the same question, but I think there are several reasons.

1 .- sometimes are glitchs
    2 .- scripting is sometimes very different from older versions
    3 .- some worry because there is less space available

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Well, technically, they shouldn't. My experience with Emerald has been very pleasant and enjoyable. There seems to be a widespread misconception that there's something wrong with Emerald. People are just more familiar with Ruby/Fire Red and they'd rather stick with what they already know than experiment with something new, despite the fact that that is the very nature of hacking :\

What can you do?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    ask me? i did hack emerald. i kept on working in it, and when i tested the rom..... all kinds of BUGs. no not bug pokemon...
    1. sprite randomly changes after battles or anywhere within the game
    2.sometimes the sprite freezes and the game continues, press the buttoms and the screen moves. XD

Back