• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why I think HG/SS won't meet it's expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Calm down, guys.

Even though I am VERY Excited about HG/SS, I will still like My Crystal Version more. It has less to do with simplicity and more to do with the game as a whole. I can't really explain it... It's quite complicated... I don't know if other people understand what I'm talking about... but there is "Something" about the Originals that will make me continue playing them. What that "Something" is, though, is a complete mystery to me.

I play My Blue and Yellow far more than I play my LeafGreen, and it will probably be the same with Silver and Crystal once HG/SS are released.

How come every time I make a decent-sized post, people tend to skip over it like I'm not even here? ;-;

I'm still going to stick to what I said in the post I'm quoting

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    ^ Yeah, I think you're right. Besides, this thread is pretty much a downer as it is. I agree that the first post should be in the complaints thread. I know I "don't have to read" the posts, but I was hoping that some people would stand up for this game and be grateful without acting like a spoiled child over it.

This is the exact game I was hoping for. I enjoyed my crystal version a lot. I had both yellow and crystal version and was very pleased with both.

Yellow was where my pokemon love began. I was hoked on it and got more involved in the anime because of it. Then I got crystal and enjoyed something very fresh, a game involving an adventure focused on a water type. It also had a lot more story involved.

When Saphirre came out I was in both a joy and a loss. The game became a lot more fun with special abilities and contests. I loved the region layout of Hoenn, the only thing I did not like was how I could no get some of my Johto and Hoenn favorites. That was part of the reason why I stoped playing the game at saphire.

When LF and FR was anounced I was still unsure if I wanted to play them. They still seemed like any old pokemon game to me. I was curies about the wireless adaptor, but to me nothing but a gimmik. Its not like I did not already have a four-way link cable. Plus after the anouncement of LF and FR I had my hopes up for a gold/silver remake.

I skiped the D/P games because they still had very little to offer except for online play. The water pokemon was a big joke to me, even the legendaries. I hate how they gave us stupid looking Aceus and the dragon trio, god pokemon do not belong.

Now that HG/SS is oficial I knew I wanted it becase of these reasons:

I would be able to visit my favorite regions and catch my favorite pokemon. Many of the veteran gamers who actualy had these games for Gameboy when they came out are starting to get into the age where they may stop playing pokemon because they think it's either childish or they think the news look to stupid. This game would actually attract some f those old pokemon gamers because they too would love to play gold and silver again and also see how rules have changed.

With the fourth gen rules being in these games it's a no brainer thigns would be interesting, and it is something you have to expect since this is comming out in the fourth generation.

Having any pokemon fallow you would be like Yellow version all over again (the hightlite of that version)

It shows some hints that some of the crystal plot will be back. In can't wait to see if its true. Crystal was a gen 2 game and i'll be sure to get my hands on it for sure for old memories sake.

Constest was great, but the minigame idea i even better. Gives me room to fit my pokemon for both fun side quests and real gameplay. whereas with contests I had to pick my pokemon moves carefully to suit the roles of beuaty, smart, tough, ect. Minigames is all mater of stats.

online play, yup tha one thing why many would get it. Online play would make the old gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon more lickly to be seen for trade and battles. And if i can show my skill with my favorite pokemon once more worldwide, i would.

The Pedometer is something I am sure to sure. Makes me level my poekmon easier whileI actually do something with my life :)

So far this game has added far more then I thought a remake from Gamefreak would.

You must remember that pokemon, like most if not all things, change. The rules will differ from generation to generation as new moves and pokemon come into play. As well as the many updates we see. No one likes to pay for the same thing twice, so Game freak must add to the game to make it more appealing. If you think this is not your style simple gaming and I sugest you say hello to a world of ROM and Pirating because pokemon changes like every other game and there is nothing you can do about it.

Years
    Thank you for agreeing. I've played every single Pokemon rpg mainstream game fully (except Ruby), so I'm used to the changes in Pokemon.

Yellow was awesome. I played that after Crystal. I liked it a lot better than Red. It was so cool getting all the Kanto starters and seeing Jessie and James. I loved seeing Pikachu follow. I'm happy they brought that idea to HGSS and expanded on it.

The only thing about Sapphire that let me down was that the weather didn't change everywhere. It was always the same weather in the same area. But I played anyway.

I got excited when I saw FireRed and LeafGreen. I liked the new artwork for the starters. I got Leafgreen. (My starter is Squirtle this time.)

DP gave me a chance to migrate a Pokemon without having to catch 100 Bidoofs to trade. Every time I migrate, I do a new game. I like DP. Especially Platinum. I love the Battle Frontier and new contests. It was much easier than Hoenn's.

If it wasn't for Gold version and all 100 new Pokemon, I would have stopped liking Pokemon altogether a long time ago. (I didn't know about Red version until after I played Gold for the first time at my cousin's house. It was so awesome. I've been playing the games ever since.)

Johto out of all the regions is my favorite one. I love how they redid it. It looks perfect. Goldenrod actually looks gorgeous! It had my favorite rival in the world. He looks cuter in this game. Gold even looks cuter as well. Having the new girl makes it feel like a new game. It's like Gold is for the veterans who like to keep things the same and the new girl is for new players who want a fresh new experience. (At least that's how I see it.)

Honestly, HGSS without the upgrades is like a downgrade compared to Platinum. They have to bring it to Platinum's standards. To me, they have exceeded them.

The Pokemon following was my favorite thing about Yellow. Them using this idea in HGSS is making up for a lack of a Yellow Remake.

I like how they added the Crystal elements to it. I love Eusine. He was so cool. I also like they made Suicune important again. I love it. ^_^

Contests were okay, but I like this new idea of the mini games as well. It gives me something new to do. If I want to participate in a contest, I could just trade my Johto/Kanto native Pokemon to Platinum. It's not hard. ^_^ I'll just have to beat the Elite Four first. (I don't participate in contests until after the Elite Four.)

The online play wasn't what made me get this game. I just liked the idea of a new adventure and I thought Piplup was cute. I also liked the designs of the playable characters and the rival.

I like the Pokewalker. I could use it for leveling up a 7th Pokemon for later on. It will gain the levels when I send it back to my game and learn new moves then. ^_^

Yeah, some games have day/night while others don't, some have vs. seeker while the other has a phone. It's better so we don't get sick of seeing the same thing over again. I even like how they gave the old school Pokemon new evolutions. It gave me a reason to use them again. Also, I prefer FrLg to RB. They gave the VS seeker and organized the bag. I see they made things more convenient with HGSS. I like using the touch screen (I hold the stylus in my left hand). I'm happy we'll get to use it more on the DS. It's seems much easier to organize and we don't have to use a Poketch on the bottom screen the whole time. The Pokedex is much better this time and you don't have go down a long list of 493 names. Some of the trainer sprites for this game look better than DPPt's. For example, Team Rocket, the Twins, new Youngster.

I honestly don't mind the tutorials. When I get a new game, I'd like to see if they changed anything. Also, it's a new game so I expect to see instructions. I'm not the only one playing. There are newbies to Pokemon as well. It's a good reminder, because usually I don't play a Pokemon game for a while when I know another is on the way. I wait until a new one comes out. (I usually play either Animal Crossing DS or something else while I wait.) It's good to have a reminder.

(Sorry for the ridiculously long post. I was responding to Hydrath and adding some more input.)

Kyo-chan

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    Why are we all still discussing this? The guy who made the thread got booted for a while, there's no real point in arguing anymore... xP

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    OMG! This is SO funny! I have pretty much played the Japanese version of HeartGold the whole way through, and I've also finished the original Gold except for beating Red, and I am extremely satisfied with everything. Gold was a step back for me, but that was because I played it in um, lets see, 2007?! So, yeah I am really happy you can just press a button on the touch screen ONCE and it makes you run FOREVER! Whereas Gold DIDN'T EVEN HAVE RUNNING SHOES! That would make your gameplay go EVEN SLOWER! You would still have to listen through the tutorials AND walk around EXTREMELY slowly!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back