• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why I think HG/SS won't meet it's expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Well, IMO Poketch or whatever was stupid, VS Seeker was stupid, Running shoes became stupid (You have a bike, for christ's sake), Dark Ball was stupid, Planting berries is stupid, Extra Battle Islands/Areas are stupid, Two different Pokedex is stupid, and so on.

VS seeker was amazing for training, DUSK balls were helpful , they worked better than ultraballs when used at night or in caves

D8
    the running shoes are epic win D;
    you don't get the bike for a while

but those are extra features, you aren't forced to use them
    whos forcing you to plant a berry? whos forcing you to shitting run? no one

Tons more to say :D

• Mewtwo clones himself creating Mewthree
    • Team rocket clones Feebas instead of Mews
    • Your mom join Team Rocket,
    • Ditto now can transform into other trainers.
    • Smeargle paints "The Last Super,"OHKO.
    • Obama is the new leader fo team rocket,
    • After Kanto you can travel to the moon and have tea time with Deoxis,
    • Unown now speak French,
    • Pikmin is now a pokemon,
    • Geovani starts a jazz band "The Puffy Persians"
    • Brock pops up every second visit to the PC to flirt with nurse joy.
    • ect...
    the list goes on, trust me there is always more ways to overlaod the game with more useless gimmiks then contests and minigames.

that sounds EPIC D:

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Tons more to say :D

• ect...

the list goes on, trust me there is always more ways to overlaod the game with more useless gimmiks then contests and minigames.

^ LOL!!!! The jazz band, Last Super and Obama joke killed me....hahahaha

Wow. Umm..nice post there Johnny590. But no need for the blasting on your part. He was just stating his opinion(although I do agree he needs to watch his tongue). But you are right, most of what they put in the games is for profit and the sake of newer/younger and veteran/older players at the same time.

Hmm...I'm not blasting, I'm logically criticizing :D and I don't think there is any other way to make him think this through, because honestly I don't think he has.

As for his opinion, I'm trying to make him see things from a different perspective and not the negative one he has.

It's as if he doesn't want to admit he may be wrong.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    Hmm...I'm not blasting, I'm logically criticizing :D and I don't think there is any other way to make him think this through, because honestly I don't think he has.

As for his opinion, I'm trying to make him see things from a different perspective and not the negative one he has.

It's as if he doesn't want to admit he may be wrong.
    Judging by his negative rep, I don't think you can change his perspective (seems like a hardheaded kid). So don't be surprised if he doesn't listen. Just let the kid think in his own way, it's entertaining to see his reactions, and he actually might bring up a good point. Ya never know.

• ect...
    Haha I like where this is going.

Years
    Thing is, with the Elite 4, you have to go through the credits every time you beat them. Isn't that almost like how you bash tutorials? And wild Pokémon are incredibly weak; in addition to that, trainers give 1.5x the experience of average wild Pokémon.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    I hope the rep thing is a joke, else you're an idiot.

It was all FALSELY put on me and I didn't want to trouble the mods with another angry "My rep's bad" PM.
    I didn't mean the rep thing in a bad way. I was just trying to get someone off of your back. If you didn't notice I respect your opinions, and I was trying to help you out, sweetheart. And do not EVER call me an idiot. I do not tolerate that.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Oh, god. Let's tackle this.

1. The DS is LONG and WIDE, on top of that the hinges break after extended use. It's way too big, and too fat. We get to the point in technology where we can have TVs as thin as paper and Nintendo releases this. It's not effectively portable, and you know a PC isn't either.
    don't break it then
    your obviously DOING IT WRONG, i love how you say the ds is OMG SO FAT AND AWKWARD, but you'd never ever say anything bad about your precious gameboy.

2. WHEN I'VE GONE THROUGH THE SAME ****ING TUTORIAL SEVEN TIMES, YES IT GETS OLD!
    how many times do i have to say it?

3. Oh, because you obviously DO know about these contracts, and while I'm not allowed to speak you can tell me to shut up, because you're so more educated in that than me.
    calm down

4. Oh, I didn't kno.... YES I DID! I ALREADY KNEW THAT YOU TWIT! I never said that every music artist has a contract like that, but lots of them do! And it doesn't last forever, a few independent artists I know about had a contract that required, say, 4 albums, then they were asked if they wanted to renew and they said no. Or the label canceled the contract. But starting off most artists have those.
    has nothing to do with hgss

5. I never expected anyone to be nice or calm, I never said anything against people getting angry, you whipped that one out of no where. And swearing is bad seems to be the drift of your point, yet you yourself have no problem with it. So in your own, gramatically incorrect words, "Your contradicting yourself."

And oh, there was a girl involved, I'm so.... nope. If you don't like the ****ing topic, LEAVE. If you don't like the language, or the choice of words someone uses, LEAVE. That's the rules of the ****ing internet. (I could also get into the specific rules of the internet about girls, but that seems unnecessary.)

you hurt my feelings ;n;
    thats not cool man
    btw those shitting rules have nothing to do with this conversation okaithnxbai

6. Because you, like whoever else it ****ing was, knows me so well, better than I do, and you should be advising me as to what I think because you know so much better.
    calm down buddy

7. I didn't say "Extra battles and areas," I said something along the lines of Extra Battle Areas. I'm not against extra battles, I'm against when the game goes "Oh, hey looksee over here, there's a bunch of random islands we totally couldn't find, but now that the graphics are better we can see the random islands floating around in Kanto's ocean, whatever it's called!" That's retarded. They have the guy still pounding the land in Viridian with his Machop or whatever, a decent extra area, but Nintendo pulls that island BS.

And the game doesn't NEED extra battle areas to have enough trainers to level pokemon all the way, either! There's still wild pokemon, there's plenty of them, and you can fight the Elite 4 as many times as your heart desires!
    this is the best thing youve posted all day, congrats

I hope the rep thing is a joke, else you're an idiot.

It was all FALSELY put on me and I didn't want to trouble the mods with another angry "My rep's bad" PM.

stop whining,
    the rep is because someone obviously disagreed with your posts

comments in bold..../sigh

you swear too much
    calm down ._____.

I.... ruined it for you? If you don't like the text ignore it, don't ****ing believe it. I didn't ruin a ****ing game just because I posted some hate about it.

If hate bothers you that ****ing much then you'd have commited suicide already. "God gives us life on this earth and terrorist go and ruin it" and so forth. So SHUT UP.

Go back to your corner, Emo Kid.

thats not cool dude

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    When you're saying "Notice that red ****ing dot on his posts? That means the community hates him." There's no good way to put it.

I'm not quoting my quoted text.

First you talk about how the music stuff has nothing to do with HG/SS, well, you didn't complain when your mother****ing savior talked about that.

And the Gameboy isn't fat. It's tall, but not FAT.

And we've been over the tutorials, I know, and you still can't answer why making them optional is such a bad decision.
    i believe what he meant was
    "see that red dot? he got all that negative rep and he still won't listen"

Calm down gawd...

i don't care if the tutorials are optional.

Dood, You are the next KUJOSHAWN.So I would clam down

I AM KUJOSHAN HEAR ME ROAR /slapped

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    i believe what he meant was
    "see that red dot? he got all that negative rep and he still won't listen"

Calm down gawd...

I AM KUJOSHAN HEAR ME ROAR /slapped

My point still stands, there's no nice way to say it.

Dr.Love is right
    and Kujoshawn was banned in a day...a day
    you should clam down

Meh. Already got more than enough reasons to be banned on probably 15 accounts, unless some mod wants to say "Stop here and we'll forgive" then there's probably no going back from here.

Years
    Well then we can fight trainers over again, we don't need separate battle arenas for that! It would make sense, too, trainers wanting revenge from when you crushingly defeated them?

Then why are you saying the VS Seeker was a bad addition? What you are talking about is EXACTLY what it lets you do.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    What the hell is with all your raging in this thread? I dunno why you have to be a douche to every single person that is trying to convince you otherwise. We are all entitled to our opinions.

And don't try bringing up "Well I was just posting my opinion" because I'm sure you knew that this was a fanboy/fangirl forum..
    As I said before, before and before, going through something multiple times isn't fun.

And next, just 'cuz it's a pokemon forum doesn't mean you can't see the flaws in new games coming out. I'm trashed HG/SS, and do despise it, that doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the games leading up to it, with the exception of most of Generation IV.

Then why are you saying the VS Seeker was a bad addition? What you are talking about is EXACTLY what it lets you do.

Well why the hell do I need a new item/separate menu for it? Why can't trainers automatically want to fight again, and if you can't take on the new levels then oh well?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Okay, I just have to say this... Heart Gold and Soul Silver won't meet the freakishly high expectations everyone is pegging it with. Why do I know this? Because people place their expectations way too high. It may be a remake with added features, but there is no way that it will meet everyone's expectations, unless they are really low, because of one simple fact...

When you get something, its value lowers in your mind. And you already know everything, so you can't find anything out about it. That's why I'm not checking on the updates anymore, it will be a little more of a surprise, but I'm getting off topic.

But some of the features are indeed unnecessary. I, personally, hate planting berries, but I ignore it. The tutorials are really irritating, but I put up with it because there are new people coming in. Personally, I wish they would give you the option to go through the tutorial, but that's just me.

The extra Battle Areas, I hate as well... unless they have some sort of storyline, like the Galactic storyline in the Battle Zone, but if it is like the Battle Frontier, then no. It does seem pointless, but I do know that people like it.

I like the DS, there is nothing I can say that's bad about it other than the fact that it's wide. But a TV and a game system run differently.

And I was never a fan of the added features like Drawing, hell, I don't even like contests, but others do.

Personally, I also hate events, because there is no possible way I can get them. Either they are too far away, or they use Wi-fi, which I do not have, and every time we go near a place with wi-fi, it's only for a few seconds, giving me no time. But some people do have wi-fi, or live near where events are.

So some things on what you do and don't like are hit and miss with me, but I do completely agree with you on one thing...

HG/SS will not meet everyone's expectations, and if you think they did, then you probably lowered your own expectations without you even knowing. That's all I really have to say.

Last edited:

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years

1. The DS is LONG and WIDE, on top of that the hinges break after extended use. It's way too big, and too fat. We get to the point in technology where we can have TVs as thin as paper and Nintendo releases this. It's not effectively portable, and you know a PC isn't either.

2. WHEN I'VE GONE THROUGH THE SAME ****ING TUTORIAL SEVEN TIMES, YES IT GETS OLD!

3. Oh, because you obviously DO know about these contracts, and while I'm not allowed to speak you can tell me to shut up, because you're so more educated in that than me.

4. Oh, I didn't kno.... YES I DID! I ALREADY KNEW THAT YOU TWIT! I never said that every music artist has a contract like that, but lots of them do! And it doesn't last forever, a few independent artists I know about had a contract that required, say, 4 albums, then they were asked if they wanted to renew and they said no. Or the label canceled the contract. But starting off most artists have those.

5. I never expected anyone to be nice or calm, I never said anything against people getting angry, you whipped that one out of no where. And swearing is bad seems to be the drift of your point, yet you yourself have no problem with it. So in your own, gramatically incorrect words, "Your contradicting yourself."

And oh, there was a girl involved, I'm so.... nope. If you don't like the ****ing topic, LEAVE. If you don't like the language, or the choice of words someone uses, LEAVE. That's the rules of the ****ing internet. (I could also get into the specific rules of the internet about girls, but that seems unnecessary.)

6. Because you, like whoever else it ****ing was, knows me so well, better than I do, and you should be advising me as to what I think because you know so much better.

7. I didn't say "Extra battles and areas," I said something along the lines of Extra Battle Areas. I'm not against extra battles, I'm against when the game goes "Oh, hey looksee over here, there's a bunch of random islands we totally couldn't find, but now that the graphics are better we can see the random islands floating around in Kanto's ocean, whatever it's called!" That's retarded. They have the guy still pounding the land in Viridian with his Machop or whatever, a decent extra area, but Nintendo pulls that island BS.

And the game doesn't NEED extra battle areas to have enough trainers to level pokemon all the way, either! There's still wild pokemon, there's plenty of them, and you can fight the Elite 4 as many times as your heart desires!

And here I thought you would handle this like a Mature person, yet you replied like some spoiled and uptight immature brat.

1. This isn't about technology, it's about HG/SS. The only thing I will say to that is this, where do you plan to play your Pokemon games?

2. Funny, I've been playing Pokemon since it came out and every time the tutorial came up (including the times I restarted the game) I just kept hitting A until it was done. My point still stands, your impatience isn't a reason why you should hate tutorials, and it's a good way for new players to learn. Veterans just ignore it.

3. Did I say anything about the contracts? No, which Is why I didn't press on the topic in detail. I just said I ASSUME Nintendo and Game Freak have had their deals, since they have been partners since 1995. And you want my honest opinion, yeah, I'm way more mature than you. ;)

4. More pointless insults, haha and this is irrelevant, you completely ignored what I meant when I compared the Pokemon deal with Record deals.

5. You should, this forum isn't exactly filled with immature people (even though you fit into that group) So Nah, not really. I didn't know censoring swear words was allowed until I went and looked up the forum rules again so I could bring out the part where it says "NO SWEARING", which you seem to be breaking more than once. I myself, only once or twice did it without knowing that I couldn't censor it because I admit I only read the forum rules the first time quickly, not thoroughly. Since I now know I can't censor them, I won't say them. Unlike you, you keep swearing. So, in my CORRECT grammatical words, "YOU ARE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF." :D

Another thing, you do realize that respect to other users is a MUST in this forum, right? The rules of the forum apply here, not those of the internet.

By the way, specific rules on the internet about girls? What are you, a sexist? Oh, and you should read this again, because I don't think you have: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91723

6. After reading this entire thread, its pretty clear how you are when it comes to, as you call it, pointless new stuff. True, I don't know you. But you ARE, based on what I have a read, a pretty level headed and arrogant person. If what I mentioned about things being completely the opposite of this, you seem the type to complain about it.

7. I misunderstood some of what you said there, but my point still stands. Extra Areas don't hurt the game play experience, no matter when you can visit them.

Go back to your corner, Emo Kid.

You call me something like twit again, and continue to insult other users, and I am going to report you. Learn how to respect other people, and maybe you'll get some yourself.

Last edited:

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    And the Gameboy isn't fat. It's tall, but not FAT..

Well I don't know what you mean by "fat", but the Gameboy (Color) is definitely thicker and heavier than them ds. I grabbed my ds lite and gameboy color and it turns out that the gameboy color is just about 1 inch and the ds lite, when closed, is still less than 1 inch. The actual part you hold when you play is about 1/2 inch. Also, they are almost the same height, the gameboy isn't that much taller than the ds. Although if you are talking about wideness when you say 'fat', I agree, the ds is a good bit wider than the gameboy, though it doesn't bother me very much.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    we wait this long for a GS remake and you come and ruin it for us
    good job...

Ditto.

About the tuts, I believe that there's only 1 you will probably have to face in HG/SS and it was unavoidable like in G/S/C, unless you want to go around without a map.

Obviously you don't get it and refuse get it. But I will say this:

If we take away every feature that you don't want what kind of game will we have? Hmmm, I'm seeing a game where we just play a dull form G/S/C and collect pokemon.

-No extras (That's a lot to type so I'll just say that)
    -A bag i which we'll search in for 5 minutes looking for that last freaking potion in a battle
    -Walking until getting a bike (let me mention now that 4 gen characters walk slower than previous gens)
    -No new ways of evolution (I mean, it's too much to trade them for a few seconds or waste time making them happy, right?)
    -No rematching Trainers (They got stronger after each battle, wild pokemon will stay the same level and that's a slow grind to higher levels. The Vs Seeker is, in a way, the upgraded phone from G/S/C)
    -G/S/C berries (I may have never planted much, but it's better than waiting 5 days just to have 5 oran berries)

The list can go on and you know what...that'll be the worst game ever. I'd much rather play G/S/C in it's old fashion graphics than to play HG/SS in the way you want it. The extras are to make it more fun and to give us something to do once we're finished with the main plot (or during it). Really, no one wants a game these days where you pass it in like 5-10 hours with straight forward gameplay and that's it, nothing else.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    Okay this is where i really come in :)

I would like to know if you are using a DS, DS Lite or DSi. because the DS Lite and DSi is as slim as you well get without taking away other parts. You have to remember that the top half is not just a screen, its also where the sound comes from :p. its as thin as it can get. And if you are are having trouble with your hinge breaking I sugest being nicer to the system. Little kids should not bang things around.

I agree it does get old, but how is the game desinged to know if you ave gone thru those tutorials seven times?

The one and only mutrual contrant in busyness is, Lets Make Money! and if seeling 20 pokemon games, which is a multi-milion dollar franchise, get you lots of cash then lets do it.

Funny, i only see a few poeple tlaking harsh, and thats you and Jonny, weather or not you expect people to tlak nice and calm, you shoudl still be nice and calm so you can set a good example for others. You well find that you get lots more respect that way. And don't go angry and harsh towards others out of spite because thats just going lower.

7. I didn't say "Extra battles and areas," I said something along the lines of Extra Battle Areas. I'm not against extra battles, I'm against when the game goes "Oh, hey looksee over here, there's a bunch of random islands we totally couldn't find, but now that the graphics are better we can see the random islands floating around in Kanto's ocean, whatever it's called!" That's retarded. They have the guy still pounding the land in Viridian with his Machop or whatever, a decent extra area, but Nintendo pulls that island BS.[QUOTE]
    yup you got it. This game is set in same time zone as the orignals, its also a remake. They can add and do whatever they wan't. Since its a game, the laws of phisics mean nothing.

And the game doesn't NEED extra battle areas to have enough trainers to level pokemon all the way, either! There's still wild pokemon, there's plenty of them, and you can fight the Elite 4 as many times as your heart desires![QUOTE] you are really barking up the wrong tree. Think we have any say nor care about your anger towards extra addiontion to the game? Does it really mater if they add extras in a remake? like who the original thing if all you can do is just get the ROM?

Bottom line, Be nice and respectful on the internet no mater who you are talkign to and who you think you are.

Also i've posted this before, i've posted it many times...

Please remember that when talking on the internet you are not king of the world. You are not the second comming of Jesus Christ. You are not more important then person you are talking too. They too have feelings. It is possible to be wrong. Acting immature actually lowers the respect you resive from others. Not everything has to go YOUR way. Bad things happen all the time. Nobody is perfect and that also goes for both you and me, but that does not mean we should not strive to be perfect. Just because your parents spoil you that does not mean the world well also. Te internet was not made so you can be a jerk all you wan't. the internet is here we can communicate between each other in respectful ways.

And I find my DS lite is nice and easy to handel. It's size gives me a reasonable grip and feel.

Hydrath

Years
    I agree with all that is said here..

And here I thought you would handle this like a Mature person, yet you replied like some spoiled and uptight immature brat.

1. This isn't about technology, it's about HG/SS. The only thing I will say to that is this, where do you plan to play your Pokemon games?
    < this says it all. It's almost as if he is asking Nintendo to personalize a gaming handle just for him because he wants to be special.
    2. Funny, I've been playing Pokemon since it came out and every time the tutorial came up (including the times I restarted the game) I just kept hitting A until it was done. My point still stands, your impatience isn't a reason why you should hate tutorials, and it's a good way for new players to learn. Veterans just ignore it.
    Ditto, i was a trainer when Yellow come out. And I must say tutorials dont bother me one bit. Just have patiance and remember its just a game that has little of no meaning inreal world importance. If you can't finish the game in day because of long tutorials remember that its ont the end of the world and if it were you have one sad life if you are going to spend the last day playing Pokemon.

By the way, specific rules on the internet about girls? What are you, a sexist? Oh, and you should read this again, because I don't think you have: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91723
    I laughed so hard when this came up. What do you have against girls and internet?

6. After reading this entire thread, its pretty clear how you are when it comes to, as you call it, pointless new stuff. True, I don't know you. But you ARE, based on what I have a read, a pretty level headed and arrogant person. If what I mentioned about things being completely the opposite of this, you seem the type to complain about it.
    the internet culture is a interesting thing, most people play it as place where they just be someone they really wishthey were and feel free to do anything they wan't, if you get my drift. So the way you act on the internet is a really good preview for how you really are in real life.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    STARTING BACK ON TOPIC (please follow everyone)

I think it will meet expectations, simply because it's G/S/C updated. That alone is good enough for most 2nd Gen lovers. Also, it gets a plus with the new features! (I can't wait to have a Scizor follow me around) =D

Hydrath

Years
    STARTING BACK ON TOPIC (please follow everyone)

I think it will meet expectations, simply because it's G/S/C updated. That alone is good enough for most 2nd Gen lovers. Also, it gets a plus with the new features! (I can't wait to have a Scizor follow me around) =D

I agree, its got every the original had plus the forth gen rules and adding a whole lot more. If it was juts the plan old same game I would hesitate to buy it.

plus, Poliwrath > Pikachu anyday.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    he doesn't care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqx2Bt5bnKE
    relevent ^
    All that's really been said is "I've think HG/SS will meet expectations." To which I could obviously counter, but it would be a pathetic attempt seeing as it would merely be a restatement of thing's I'd already said. We don't need to start over, we need to suck it up and continue. There's no point in forgetting all the decent points we've made just 'cuz some people are pussies.

keep it up buddy
    ---
    as for the topic
    i haven't replyed about optional tutorials because frankly
    i couldn't give a flying factor, i can survive two minutes of tutorials

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back