• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is THAT your username ?

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
    Shadow is for my love of Dark-type pokemon Thunder is to show Ampharos while still being powerful and Lord is to be powerful.

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    My user name is what I go by all across the net!
    The idea of WeisseEdelweiss came from the Sound of Music song titled: Edelweiss.

"Edelweiss, edelweiss, every morning you greet me.
    Small and white, clean a bright,
    You look happy to see me..."

Weisse in German = white
    Edelweiss is a breed of flower.

Thus, White Edelweiss.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I've only ever had 4 different names here, so a small run-down on the inspiration for each of them

Soulflame Ninetales (oldest) - This is a common one I use over the net. It stems back from the days of playing my Gold Version from a Flareon I had called Soulflame. I really liked it (Zap Cannon 4tw!) and was impressed with its strength so I named myself online after it. The Ninetales part came from Ninetales being overall my favourite pokemon, eventually I named every Ninetales I trained up "Soulflame" while now any Flareon I train is named "Pyrus". Hmmm...I could do Pyrus Soulflame :D

I, Riolu & I, Lucario - A play on title of the movie "I, Robot" which in my opinion was a very good movie and the title of somebodies fiction on fanfiction.net called "I, Flareon" Originally I was just to be I, Lucario and not use I, Riolu but I changed my mind because I liked the idea of changing my name as a reflect of a pokemons life and how it changes upon evolution.

Crimson Arcanine - Couple of reasons, we'll start with the Arcanine bit. Many would conclude that Vulpix and Ninetales have always been my favourite pokemon. This in fact was not true, once upon a time back before I even had a gameboy, my favourite pokemon was actually growlithe. I promised myself when I got my first game I would find a growlithe and train it up, I got blue and went through the game...to find...there was no Growlithe! Instead there was Vulpix, which at first I disregarded and thought was girly looking. But eventually after restarting my game I caught a Vulpix giving it the name Vicki. In that same game, I'd found my love of Sandshrew and Raticate was a often used pokemon choice for me (I used a Bubblecate, termed by me because of the usage of the move Bubblebeam).

On that same game, I had what have only ever had three times (the others with Lucario in the Elite 4 on Pearl and Jolteon in a 3 on 6 battle with a friend on Blue Version, where I knocked out 5 pokemon with just Jolteon and yes I had 3 pokemon). Simply I was going to Fuschia City from Lavender Town, and I'd just worked out that I should of packed more healing items. I was down to just one poisoned pokemon on low health so I began to search for SOMETHING that would allow me to make it to Fuschia City without blacking out and having to go from Lavender Town again. Then I noticed the firestone, earlier I had tried to train up my vulpix against the trainers back along the road and had succeeded to reach a level where it had just learnt Flamethrower, but it just didn't have the power to beat up the tougher flying pokemon in the area. I was loathe to evolve my Vulpix but did so. My first real glimpse of my new Ninetales impressed me and noticing now that using the stone on it have gave it some more HP, bringing it out of being fainted. What would happen on my struggle through the remaining trainers was something that would forever knock off Growlithe and Arcanine as my favourite pokemon. My poisoned pokemon had fainted and I was left with a Ninetales on 17 HP as the only pokemon left in action did not leave me with much confidence that I was going to make it....but 10 minutes later I'd made it safely to Fuschia City, destroying any trainer in my way, with a Ninetales on 11 HP.
    From then on it was Vulpix and Ninetales not Growlithe and Arcanine that were my favorite pokemon. I eventually got to get a Growlithe only after I got my Yellow version but it never do as well as my Vulpix did even after it evolved. Interesting to note that none of them appeared on what I consider to be the most successful team I ever managed to make (I termed them the Legends because of some of their successes), In Gold I faced a similar problem as in Blue but on the other foot. Sadly, I ditched Growlithe for Houndour and it never got its chance to complete for its lost title.

Gold saw the only time I used both Arcanine and Ninetales but was not impressed with either. After a decade Arcanine has finally started to challenge Ninetales in that position for my most favourite pokemon. The Ninetales I train on Pearl was rushed and of a poor nature, while the Arcanine I have is the closest thing to a truly competitive pokemon I've ever trained, and although Ninetales has lasting power and hypnosis, my Arcanine's high damage potential and speed on a team that really isn't too fast has knocked out my Ninetales out of my semi-competitive team, So I decided to honour my first true favourite pokemon and one that has always seemed to be overshadowed by a fellow Fire type. It may also be a glimpse into the future, where Arcanine will be my favourite pokemon of all, rather than Ninetales...but time will tell

And finally the Crimson part comes from the only one of two organisation I "made" in games which actually went anywhere known as "Crimson Reign Syndicate". the other one was "Sanctus Tempum" a corporation in the game Eve Online I created, owned and ran for six months before it finally died. The two reasons I didn't use that as my basis where that it was catchy enough and I didn't want to step on the toes of a certain other PC member.

TLDR version - The name is a tribute to a pokemon I really should have given a chance a long time ago.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    LOYALemerald- Reasons are, its an awesome book, a city, and one of the most awesomest<--not a real word... videogames ever created-(Well, all mainly the Emerald word.) And Rayquaza and B1AZ1K3N were my favorite Pokemon then, well, since I first joined PE2K.

~E_M_Y~-as tribute to the closest person *Uhmmm* *cough* to my life. she is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty *blush*

.emerald-
    Mainly because I wanted a new username when I returned here and still alive.

All have "e"

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Erm for a while "noxious" was my favourite word because of its sound, its meaning and for its sheer awesomeness.
    I added the dot because it looks sexier and without it was already taken. No capital letter so all the letters are the same height and perfect balance and co ordination is achieved.
    The 'i' is the tallest letter but is is directly in the centre so nothing overthrows anything else.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Simple. My pen name is Sydian Ky Thrower. So...there's Sydian for you. I first used it as a username on an epic fail forum that I modded during the summer. It's also the name of my Scizor on Pearl...but there's no connection between the Scizor and I.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Well, I might've posted in here earlier, but that was for my previous name. For my new one...

*points to theme* That girl. The bat-winged, kitty-eared cap girl. Her name is Serene. She's one of my all-time favorite video game characters. I got my name from her. And I was surprised the username wasn't taken, even after all these years PC's been around XD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Dark Lakitu:

I was making a MarioKart fanfiction (don't ask!) in which the drivers go into a Shadow World where Bowser is awesome. So, Shadow Lakitu was born. I somehow couldn't use that for my username on PC so I used Dark instead.

Then, I saw the awesome animation that is in my sig. xD

Suddenly, I want a name that means I can have a Delibird avvy freely. -insert Delibird here-

Optiimus

Ctrl + W ;)
    Years
    Because, i am OPTiiMUS PRiME
    Our duty as autobots
    is to protect the all spark from
    decepticons hands

Autobots Roll out :3

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I chose Zazie Rainyday as my username because she's my favorite supporting character in Negima?! (Seriously, they did NOT give her nearly enough screen time. x3), the name has a very beautiful ring to it, and I wanted a new nickname to kick off the new year.

Years
    Okay... let me break it down in three parts.

1. Mario is my real name.

2. The World Champion part is connected to the FIA Formula One World Driver's Championship, awarded to the F1 Driver who scores the most points at the end of the season.

3. Back in 2004, I was watching Formula One a lot plus I played the games so much, winning the Driver's title in the games along the way, that I just slapped The World Champion part in my name for fun.

Hence, Mario The World Champion, was born.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    ^ Epik Win ^
    Mine is just my nickname, though I'm getting a change to something compltely different, so watch out =P

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I choose Wolfwhispers for all my online stuff. Wolves have been my favorite animal since 1st grade, and now I am in college. When I sit down to draw myself, like for deviant art, I try to make a furry for myself, but all I ever visualize is a mysterious girl pressing her hand to mouth so that it is hidden with her head turned toward something that looks as if she's about to tell a secret. So I ended up visualizing myself telling a secret to a wolf in a hushed voice, thus Wolfwhispers. Might seem a bit crazy and overdone, but when I choose a name its because I want it to mean something to me, not just some random name like DOOoom673IgonnAKillU!

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Yukio..
    Means nourished by God, and gets what he wants.
    My mommy as God? Probably. xD
    Except, I don't exactly get what I want - although, I didn't choose the name for its meanings;
    Even though it is a boy's name, I find that the sound of it, you-KEE-oh, is just overall.. pleasant.

I really do love it and it is my username for all forums I go on.

Ryusheika

Hero of Time
    Years
    My name is a combination of two of my favorite fighters: Ryu from Street Fighter, and Sheik from Super Smash Bros. Melee. Then I added an 'a' to the end of it for some flare. xD

Back