• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Is The Super Bowl A Big Deal?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Okay, I really don't understand why the Super Bowl a big deal. Well it is, because you get to see your favorite team play for the title. I only saying this is because I had to work today, and the store was pretty busy. It was like Christmas and Thanksgiving. People! We are not going to close early or whatever...just chill! It is just a normal day...a normal Sunday. I wish people will think that, but nope they don't! *sigh* I had to work eight hours and I am totally tired. People getting stuff for the game. Like ribs, chips, dip, beer, wine...etc. I can't tell you how much beer I scanned today! I guess everyone wants to drink while watching the game. *blech* I hate alcohol. >< But anyway, yeah and the economy isn't good right now and I see people spend over $200 worth of stuff for the Super Bowl...that is retarded. Oh well, I guess it will help some. Who knows.

Well that is all I got to say in this matter. Everyone stay safe and I will be back with more rambling next time. Bye.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    The Super Bowl is kinda silly over how people make such a big deal about it. I can't really think of any year where I've watched the thing in its entirety.

Nothing against football though, the sport is awesome.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    You get to watch men run around in sweaty costumes touching the ground.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • That's a very good question, tbh I didn't want more than 3 minutes at the end of the first half. I just don't seem to get sports like that.

Years
  • Pfft, everyone knows they watch it for the commercials. ;D

I don't know... it almost seems like tradition at this point to sit down and watch the big game. Football is one of the most popular sports here, and this is the championship match for the NFL. It's the match, I suppose. It's an excuse to party! That's kind of how I see it, anyway.

Also, if they have $200 buck to spend on the game, why not? It's their money. It shouldn't matter if the economy's in a slump or not. o_O;; If they can't afford it, on the other hand...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Haha, yeah don't complain about people spending $200 on that stuff. Just means your store isn't going out of business anytime soon. (b'-')b

I still find it weird that you mention scanning up beer. @_@ They don't sell that anywhere but government-owned liquor stores so I always forget that you can buy it in like convenience and grocery stores in the US.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oh yeah, I never thought of that. Thanks Erica. XD You are right. The more money we make, the more likely we will stay in business and I get to keep my job. Wow. And you got a point there Sammi. If they have the money, I guess they can go and spend it. And the commercials, dang. I forgot about those. I wonder if they were any good ones. XD

I guess I was tired because I didn't get enough sleep from the night before. And of course I wasn't ready for the rush. When I am tired, I think about all crazy stuff. XD

Yes we do sell beer and wine in my store and some of the other stores. If they can't find it in our store, they can go to a liquor store. Which we have a lot. Meh, I wish we do away selling liquor in our store. :/

Yeah I guess the Super Bowl is important to some people, lol. Liked you guys' points there. ^^

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah but I got offline around 2am or 2:30am, you think I went to bed. Nope, I still stuck around. I need to stop that. As soon I get out of MSN...I NEED TO GET TO BED! No hanging around the net when I know I have to be at work the next day. Now if I am off, that is a different story. I will stay up til I fall asleep. XD

Awww, well you will find another job. It is going to be tough, but I know you going to pull through.

Back