• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why me???

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
    Days
    Honestly, I don't get it why I'm the last one to experience New Years Day. Like, Ik that I live in Ontario, Canada and all, but considering how it's only 7:30 pm for me and seeing you guys already celebrating New Year's Day just makes me feel blue. I just want to be able to actually celebrate with everyone.

Why me?!

Why does everyone live so far away?

I just want a friend...and I feel like I don't have any...

I feel like crying...for real...

And I know that by the time anyone responds to this, I will already be offline until my 10 am (or later.)

I hate it...

I know that I'm ranting on, but I need to express myself clearly right now.

Don't feel pressured to respond to this if you are sleeping, just know that my feelings are hurt right now through no one's fault in particular.

Days
    Honestly, I don't get it why I'm the last one to experience New Years Day. Like, Ik that I live in Ontario, Canada and all, but considering how it's only 7:30 pm for me and seeing you guys already celebrating New Year's Day just makes me feel blue. I just want to be able to actually celebrate with everyone.

Why me?!

And I know that by the time anyone responds to this, I will already be offline until my 10 am (or later.)

I hate it...

Don't feel pressured to respond to this if you are sleeping, just know that my feelings are hurt right now through no one's fault in particular.
    I'm sorry to hear you're not doing too well.

Try not to let the fact that there are people from so many time zones here bother you--I know it's probably difficult, but try to think of it as a positive thing! I only have one friend who lives near me, but modern technology is letting all of us communicate and learn from the experiences of people from all over the world!

When I first came to this website, I was really overwhelmed by all the people and different subforums and someone gave me some great advice that I want to pass on -- give it time! You've been here for five days, and things take time. It's ok to cry and rant, but don't let it deter you from things! I'm sorry you are hurting, but you sound like a nice person, and I'm sure things will start looking up for you as people start to get to know you better.

Years
    • Online now
    I asked myself this exact same thing this year. "Why me". Felt like the world was repeatedly beating me in the face. At least in some capacity, pain is temporary. Even if it's through hobbies or escapism lulling it away for short bursts.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

Why me?!

I hate it...

2 things:

1 You posted this at 4:33 PM for me, so you are in fact not the last person on the site that gets to celebrate the new year. (not that I really do anyway lol :p)

2 You aren't the only one that doesn't really have any IRL friends. I've got a buddy I very occasionally play a game with, but we really aren't friends at all... And that's it. All the people I look forward to talking to are on here lol, so you aren't alone in feeling alone. :p

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years

Why me?!

I hate it...

I know how you fell about the friend part, The only friends I have are on here! But even though your friends live far away, there still friends! :D And We'll always be your friends here!

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
    Days
    I asked myself this exact same thing this year. "Why me". Felt like the world was repeatedly beating me in the face. At least in some capacity, pain is temporary. Even if it's through hobbies or escapism lulling it away for short bursts.

2 things:

1 You posted this at 4:33 PM for me, so you are in fact not the last person on the site that gets to celebrate the new year. (not that I really do anyway lol :p)

2 You aren't the only one that doesn't really have any IRL friends. I've got a buddy I very occasionally play a game with, but we really aren't friends at all... And that's it. All the people I look forward to talking to are on here lol, so you aren't alone in feeling alone. :p

I am sorry to hear you feel that way, Charcadet121. But you have friends here, and we can celebrate the New Year with you here, when you wake up!

I know how you fell about the friend part, The only friends I have are on here! But even though your friends live far away, there still friends! :D And We'll always be your friends here!
    Everyone...thank you. I really appreciate it...this makes me feel better by a million light-years...really!

Days
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024

Why me?!

I hate it...

I'm really sorry that you feel this way, but we all want to be your friends! No one deserves to spend their New Year alone, and neither do you!

That said, I feel it's new year for you already aye? Happy New Year!

We're all here for you, you can always stop by in the Forum Games where we mess with each other have fun playing silly games!

You are not alone! <3

Back