• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why not hack games other then pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Pokémon is the most fun. Advance map makes me feel drawing while Hex Editing for adding something makes me feel sick. APE is pretty nice too. Hacking Hexadecimals using a Hex Edior is very boring and do not let you have very much fun.

Alec_

Years
  • Well probably because. This is a Pokemon Forum....XD;;.. that's why there is a lots of hack all about Pokemon. :DDD. But another reason is there are soo many tools that can be used for hacking pokemon. :PPP... And the other games have just a few tools. :<.. So it's better to hack Pokemon. XD;;

~Fairytales.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
  • I can't even hack worth of my time. Sure it's Pokemon , I have plans Pokemon but I couldn't hack it on my own.

First, I wanted to make a Boys over Flowers spoof Pokemon hack, not a good spriter or a scripter.

Then, the Rijon Touhoumon hack using Japanese Fire Red, went no where but wasting hours of time with other projects.

I have fun using other Pokemon utlities and edit maps, attacks, movesets, but scripting isn't one of them.

I have hacked many Non-Pokemon in the past 4 years but my current one is Megaman 4. YuGiOh Dark Duel Stories would be in the future if I dump all data.

Years
  • I would enjoy trying to hack yugioh games, and here is something about me, If I like something I tend to like it permanetly.

Though most poke tools are for 3rd Gen. There are practicly no 2nd gen soft though which sucks.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Though most poke tools are for 3rd Gen. There are practicly no 2nd gen soft
    This is true, but conversely you will find that the games are very well documented. Generally if you have a question (and don't mind mucking around with a hex editor) you can get a question satisfactorily answered either by asking or by looking around.

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
    Years
  • I actually started hacking this SNES game called EarthBound. Loads of fun, making a weird game weirder. There's an online community similar to this one (albeit smaller) on Starmen.net, where I sometimes go. They have tools similar to the Pokemon ones.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • The concept of Pokemon games is generally unique compared to others, and that plus the fact that the site on which you are asking this question is Pokecommunity, makes it the reason! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    i have an idea :)
    why dont hack the pokemon game into something different? :p
    maybe combining pokemon with digimon, lets call it dikemon (digital pocket monster) :)
    or something like Final Fantasy creature, such as shiva, efreet, odin, etc.

too bad i have no idea how to hack T_T, maybe someone want to try :)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Some people actually do post other hacks here, such as Super mario world and Fire Emblem, but alot of people don't because their either scared they'll get in trouble, or because they don't think they'll fit in/be successful, or because they just don't want to know how.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • People hack other games... I've thought about hacking Oracle of Seasons, or one of the other Zelda Gameboy games, and my friend hacks super Mario world.

insectduel

Years
  • Some people actually do post other hacks here, such as Super mario world and Fire Emblem, but alot of people don't because their either scared they'll get in trouble, or because they don't think they'll fit in/be successful, or because they just don't want to know how.

I posted a few threads on Non-Pokemon hacks. But I didn't feel like it anymore. I rather talk about it than showing off.

Years
  • Actually, there are lots of other games that are hacked. Before starting my Project (unannounced here yet) I worked on Many Super Mario World Hacks. I mean, lunar magic, that's almost every tool you would need to hack (and most only used it) right in one. Also, Fire Emblem, Megaman, Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Zelda A link to the past, the genesis/mega drive sonic games get hacked a lot too.

But, Super Mario World and Pokemon are by far the most hacked games, mainly cause it's the easiest. Plus, Pokemon is here cause it's a pokemon community.

insectduel

Years
  • Mega Man seems good but the community isn't supported much. Not too many people hacked the game like it should like Rockman No Constancy or Mega Man Forever.

Newbies often ask questions but never EVER touched the hex editor.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm an administrator for the only Golden Sun hacking community on the internet :3

It's small, but gaining momentum. I've hacked the game in various ways, but like Pokémon, I always end up hacking the music more than anything else.

Many other games are hacked. FE's a pretty big one, not quite as big as Pokémon but definitely a notable amount hack the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back