• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHY SO MUCH HATE!?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I've never heard of anyone saying they didn't like Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur is cool and cute! like the rest of the Kanto starters! Kanto region is the one region I can confidently say that I loved all the starters pretty much equally.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • IMO Bulbasaur evo line is heavily underrated in my IRL community. Everybody says venusaur isn't as cool-looking as charizard or blastoise is, or whatnot, and it also provides easier game at the start of RBY & FRLG so many automatically think it's for noobs.
    I'd have to disagree with people thinking it's for noobs since I think that 'noobs' probably would opt for charizard since they probably know it will dominate nearly everything in the game.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • What? I thought people hated tepig because it look like a pig demon but not bulbasaur everyone loves him (some of them don't really) I think you mean vensaur was ugly not bulbasaur.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'd have to disagree with people thinking it's for noobs since I think that 'noobs' probably would opt for charizard since they probably know it will dominate nearly everything in the game.

Totally agree. I think (execpt for the first gym) bulbasuar and its evo's are the hardest to use. But i think Venosaur is even cooler the blastoise and charizard

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I like Bulbasaur and I LOVE Venasaur. His desgin is amazing and he is part poison, my favorite type. To me he looks cooler than Charizard and Blastoise...or he is at least as cool looking as Charizard because Blastoise isn't that cool looking to me, and he is very short.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Totally agree. I think (execpt for the first gym) bulbasuar and its evo's are the hardest to use. But i think Venosaur is even cooler the blastoise and charizard

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • tumblr_lnquenyuFb1qmqvbio1_500.jpg

(^ v ^) How cute!~ <33 Bulbasaur is so adorable <333

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • I love all the gen I pokes, Venusaur is the most powerful nowadays IMO, but I like Blastoise more. I like Charizard too, not as much as Blast or Saur tho

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't hate Bulbasaur, it's just that I don't like the Grass-type in general having so many weaknesses. But I was totally unaware that there was so much Bulbasaur hate... I certainly haven't seen much of it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think people don't really like Bulbasaur much because it's relatively hard to use in battle and outside of Earthquake (in Venusaur's case), Sleep Powder and Leech Seed, it can't do much to Steels.

Back