• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why Trade???

Naruto_Fanatic

Me+BlazikenMaster=Love Forever
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    I have a question, why would you trade pokemon. Well I would understand that if you tried so hard to get someone and couldn't, or if your game doesn't let you get it then trade. I mean i look at these trade threads and i see that people are actioning shiny pokemon. I think the only reason for that would be if they were hacked or cloned. I only have 3 shinies and no way am i going to clone them or trade them, I put my time into catching them and don't see me ever going to trade them. I would like it if someone was just wanting to help people like breeding starters and giving them away for free. I like to train my pokemon and if i got some in a trade i would breed them and raise them myself, it's not fun, or the reason of playing pokemon, if you get stuff by tradeing. Life is all about dificulties, and rough obsticles, not cheating.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    hmmmm...you have some very good points i trade my shinys cuz i ddint catch them and i want other pokemon that i dont have and i really want them and i cant get them myself

Naruto_Fanatic

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    hmmmm...you have some very good points i trade my shinys cuz i ddint catch them and i want other pokemon that i dont have and i really want them and i cant get them myself

see that's what i am talking about. I don't care that you guys trade with each other, but this is just to help the people not get ripped off. Also, lv 100 pokemon that are being traded away are a hack or someone hacked and got infinity rare candies and gave it to their pokemon.

I like your sig, how did you get all of your pictures.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    see that's what i am talking about. I don't care that you guys trade with each other, but this is just to help the people not get ripped off. Also, lv 100 pokemon that are being traded away are a hack or someone hacked and got infinity rare candies and gave it to their pokemon.

I like your sig, how did you get all of your pictures.

alot of copying and pasting from photobucket lol

not all lvl 100's are hacked some ppl spend there time training them so they are stronger for ppl who may not have as much time to train there pokes XD

Naruto_Fanatic

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    alot of copying and pasting from photobucket lol

not all lvl 100's are hacked some ppl spend there time training them so they are stronger for ppl who may not have as much time to train there pokes XD

yah bit who would go through all of that training and just trade them away? Righ now i am training my umbreon(lv 90 now) to be lv 100 and i don't think i will trade it. Or that the lv100s are cloned from the originall. And like i said, the fun in pokemon is training your pokemon.

Naruto_Fanatic

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    Or you could always clone them then trade for something you dont have yet-.-

yah that is cool for you guys. I just don't like being tricked into getting pokemon that are somehow not 100% legit.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    yah bit who would go through all of that training and just trade them away? Righ now i am training my umbreon(lv 90 now) to be lv 100 and i don't think i will trade it. Or that the lv100s are cloned from the originall. And like i said, the fun in pokemon is training your pokemon.

wow you got another point but well idk...........uhm...you got me there...errrrrr but uuuuuuuuhhh idk

now im just sticking to breeding XD

Naruto_Fanatic

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    wow you got another point but well idk...........uhm...you got me there...errrrrr but uuuuuuuuhhh idk

now im just sticking to breeding XD

i'm not saying to stop, but don't false advertice your "legit" pokemon.

Naruto_Fanatic

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    but they are legit and i dont like ppl who trade hacked pokemon its happened to me alot T.T

dont ever let anyone give you a shiny deoxys

Ok...Have you ever heard of the YATES 23457 shiny pokemon?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Well, you just pointed out one reason why I rarely use the wi-fi trade forums.
    Too many hacked/nonlegit/cheated Pokemon here. Lack of gamer morales maybe?

I'd rather stick to wi-fi trading in places with strong restrictions on cheated Pokemon, or with people I know well.

Naruto_Fanatic

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    Well, you just pointed out one reason why I rarely use the wi-fi trade forums.
    Too many hacked/nonlegit/cheated Pokemon here. Lack of gamer morales maybe?

I'd rather stick to wi-fi trading in places with strong restrictions on cheated Pokemon, or with people I know well.

yah, that is what i have been trying to say. I'm not saying to never use the trade threads(thats me), but be wise about people sayin that they have "legit" pokemon.

wrath

Arrancar
    Years
    That is what i hate about the GTS u cant trade hacked PKMN but u can offer hacked pokemon and they will get traded. i once got a shiny hacked glacion "it was met at LV.51" i say in order to get hackers back is to put a hacked PKMN up for trade for Mew LV.9 and under so that they end up trading their hacked MEW for a hacked Shiny so you can trade the mew for another pokemon while the hacker got another hacked.

NekoRobin

>______>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Yes, hacking is evil.
    It takes the fun out of the game :/
    I think the Action Replay/Game Shark etc. etc. threads should be closed and deleted.

Sylmin

Cute Pokemon collector!~
    Years
    It's true, It's risky trading for legit pokemon like shines or legendaries of EV trained pokes, but I always 'summary' the pokemon I'm trading for right before I trade it to check it's location/level it was caught in, possibly It's ID if it is an event and if It was imported or not. =)

Jack_Maddocks

Event Collector
    Years
    If you trade with wi-fi you are swapping pokemon with other people that want to swap. That means everyone gets new pokemon to add to their collection.

darkgamerGS

Addicted to Asuna
    Years
    Eh, I don't get why shinies are all hyped up. I have two shinies, a Linoone I got from a GCN demo disc (My Pickup slave... would have used something else, but it was my only Pickup Pokemon that would have gotten boosted experience... yes, I'm lazy =P) and my Rhyperior, which I found by accident on my second PokeRadar chain when I was raising my Pokemon. I don't know why I evolved it. I'd trade my Rhyperior but not Linoone, not cause its shiny, but cause I'm too lazy to level up another Pickup slave.
    Another reason why I trade is because I completed the Pokedex and found a new hobby: trading to register locations on the GTS. I dunno, that's just me. XD

Back