• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I'll take this even further and move it to the Wifi help thread XD
    Look around in that thread though, you might find your answer in another question.

*moved*

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    My USB nintendo connector wont work. I have spoken to Nintendo about it, they tell me it's a setting on my computer that wont let the device connect to the internet (I did read the first post, but I'm asking about the windows settings not the wi-fi connector).

I'm pretty sure it's a firewall setting, but I've tried fiddling about with it and still the thing wont connect - the same thing happens to my standard wireless router. What am I missing? Any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    can someone please help me with wifi?

I'm new to the forums, and I am having trouble with wifi. I can find a connection, but no matter what I do, my DS can't seem to find an access point. I'm afraid that if I uninstall it, I will lose my Mesprit that is in my GTS. Can someone please help me?

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    If you can't even access Wi-Fi with your DS, which means no GTS, then you can still lose your Mespirit. Have you tried getting closer to your router? Change the channel to 11 or 1? (You can do that by going into your router's control panel. Mine is accessed by going to its IP adress. You can find yours at https://www.ip-adress.com/).

By the way, what is the brand of the router. And just one more question: did you just get it or has this router worked with your DS before?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    it worked earlier, its a usb connector. i get right in front of it, but it just wont work. I don't think i can change the channel on it.

Mr. Pokemon

Years
    it worked earlier, its a usb connector. i get right in front of it, but it just wont work. I don't think i can change the channel on it.
    USB connector... is that the Nintendo one or something you plug into your computer so your COMPUTER can access Wi-Fi?

If...

It's the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, then I'd just uninstall it and then re-install it. I don't have one, but I'm guessing that it came with some software. Uninstall that and re-install it. Tell me what happens.

It's a USB connector so your computer can access the Internet, then well that doesn't do anything for your DS. You need to connect to a router, not a USB adapter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    let me be more definitive, it by nintendo for the ds to connect to wifi. it worked fine earlier, thats how i got my mesprit in the GTS. it worked perfectly, but now it wont connect to the access point, so I'm afraid that I will lose my mesprit.

Mr. Pokemon

Years
    let me be more definitive, it by nintendo for the ds to connect to wifi. it worked fine earlier, thats how i got my mesprit in the GTS. it worked perfectly, but now it wont connect to the access point, so I'm afraid that I will lose my mesprit.
    So did the Nintendo adapter come with its own software? Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Okit seems as if I'm having the same problems as alot of people.
    I have been reading and I haven't gotten any real answers to my problem or how to fix it.
    Ok my last usb connector burnt up, so I bought another, it was working fine and then about a week ago it stop for no reason.
    I uninstalled the hardware and then tried to re-install, that's where I'm having trouble, it won't re-install it at all, it loads up to the point where it tells me to connect the adapter and then nothing else happens.
    Any idea why it is doing this??
    Thanks

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Questions about using Wi-fi

I'm a new user to wi-fi and I was wondering about the idea of meeting certain people online at certain times. Do both people have to be online at the same time, or can they trade freely with the other person disconnected? I don't have wireless at home, I can only use it at school(and I can't go to the trade threads here at school to contact other people, cuz they blocked pokemoncommunity.com(thanks to me, no doubt:()). So, I was wondering about the idea of trading on wi/fi at lunch at one of these trade threads. Can I schedule to meet with someone at a certain time? Any help would be appreciated.

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
    I'm a new user to wi-fi and I was wondering about the idea of meeting certain people online at certain times. Do both people have to be online at the same time, or can they trade freely with the other person disconnected? I don't have wireless at home, I can only use it at school(and I can't go to the trade threads here at school to contact other people, cuz they blocked pokemoncommunity.com(thanks to me, no doubt:()). So, I was wondering about the idea of trading on wi/fi at lunch at one of these trade threads. Can I schedule to meet with someone at a certain time? Any help would be appreciated.

Should've been in the Q&A Thread, I think, but anyways... Both people do have to be online at the same time, it's not like the GTS, unfortunately. That would be pretty cool, though. I'd advise just saying what times you're able to trade (include time zone, for instance, mine being PST), and hope for the best.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011

If your trading with GTS, No. You can simply upload your Pocket Monster/Pokémon to the server and specify what you would like in return.

Trading w/ Friend Codes, Yes.

However, this is some-what off-topic to actual Wifi Help. It's relevant but on the other hand it more or less relates to Pokemon Wifi GTS Help, not Wifi & Router Help. Either way though, your question is answered.

Titan of Lightning

Pokemon Cobalt Trainer
    Years
    Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Troubles

Well, I've been trying to install my Nintendo USB Device onto my Windows Vista Laptop. I've been using installation Version 1.06, and it always comes as a Compressed File. When I extract it, it refuses to extract the following files:

Nintendo_WFC_USB (0 bytes)

NintendoWFCReg (0 bytes)
    MDRIVER (0 bytes)
    SoftAP (0 bytes)
    U2G5 (0 bytes)
    WinVista (0 bytes)
    WinXp (0 bytes)
    Win2000 (0 bytes)
    WinVista (0 bytes)

Then, when I try to install it, it works out for the most part EXCEPT for the last few seconds, where an error notice goes up saying something like "Application Error (6)"

We had the Nintendo Wi-Fi on our computer previously, and it worked once, and it did until it asked for a password on one occasion. I didn't know it (I wasn't an Admin account on this computer at the time) so I asked my Dad to do it. The problem for him was he couldn't read what it was asking, so he cancelled it. It never worked since then. I uninstalled it, and then tryed to re-install it ever since. It hasn't worked obviously.

Could anyone please tell me what is going wrong?

Years
    Does anyone here know how to install the Datel Wifi Max on Windows XP SP3 properly so that it actually works?

Years
    It has always been a pain on previous computers, but with the help of Google I managed some how. There are so many different guides that only have one thing in common that is they all say don't get it :(
    Now that I have SP3 on this new PC I looked on the official help site and they have new tutorials for SP3 but the PDF files seem Corrupt!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back