• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2008
    i have a wifi question.

how do i get wifi.can you tell me a simple way to get it?oh and if i get wifi i have a lvl 11 turtwig.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    You can read the Diamond/Pearl manual starting page 28,
    there's very detailed guide on how to setup and use wifi....

Detox

Well I myself use a router,but you can get a ...usb......thingy.......

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2009
    Don't do that! That's not very nice. Well, it depends - there is one of three ways, I think.

1. Use a USB Port that hooks into your Nintendo DS (you can buy this at walmart.com) if you don't have DSL.

2. If you have DSL, you need a router. A router can use the signal and bounce it all around your house - so you could be in the bedroom and probably get a signal.

3. I think there is a way to get on wifi on wii, but since I don't own an actual Wii, I don't know, except it deals with cards for $10 and up.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    you can get a usb or a usb connector which connects your DS to ure computer/internet

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    You can only connect to a router if you use WEP. I have a router that uses WPA, so I had to get the USB thing. So if you have a router, make sure it's the kind that works with WiFi.

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
    Okay, so the update with mine is that I have all the neccessary settings (DNS, IP, Subnet etc) done, and when I try to connect, it searches for ages (well testing the connection) I think only once that i've done that it's gone to all 3 bars, but i keep getting the error code : 52100.
    yet i visited the nintendo wi-fi site and nothing seems to be clear about what I need to do. It says something about my firewall, but i don't know what to do :(
    i don't understand as my Wii is perfectly fine on our router.

Years
    Help with Wi-Fi

Hey, I know, I bet this is the wrong section, please don't yell at me.

Okay, so when I was trying to connect my DS to the Wi-Fi it said that my internet can't connect to Nintendo DS's or somthing like that? So who has Wi-Fi and it works well? If you do have Wi-Fi, could you tell me which Internet connection you use?

I have Westell.
    It's also wierd because the Wi-Fi on my Wii works fine...

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Hey,

Yes,this is in the wrong section.It should be in the Computer's and Technology board.There is a thread for wifi and router releated help. Try looking there,it might help you...
    Untill then,make sure that the Nintendo Ds's IP Number isn't clashing with another computers IP address in your house. =D
    TLM

Years
    Okay, I'll test it out and post the error code. Thanks!

Okay, now I have problem.
    It didn't include an error code. Look:

Wi-Fi and router-related help
    That's what popped up.

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Well i'm quite sure there's nothing you can do if that message pops up. Does it show a grey padlock?

And this is the same Wi-Fi you use for the Wii correct?

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 5, 2024
    I know why. The DS's Wi-Fi is older than the Wii's. The Wii can use more access points than the DS as more Wi-Fi routers have been created between the DS and the Wii. Basically, the Wi-Fi router is too new for the DS but old enough for the Wii to use. I think that's why. Don't shout at me if I'm wrong. My friends does the same. Just get a USB Wi-Fi connecter for your computer. Its easier in my eyes...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    You're right and wrong.

Your DS is saying that basically the password type that is set on your router is not supported by your DS.

Try getting someone (or you yourself if you know how) to change the type of password to something that the DS can surely detect (a simple WEP key would be a start).

There are people who can explain this in a much better way, if only this was in Computer/Technology Discussion.

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
    I'm still having problems getting my wi-fi to work. I search for all the routers, 3 come up and one of them (which my Wii uses) has a grey padlock besides it. The other two, of which I've edited one with the WEP key and things comes up with error 51200, the website doesn't really help me clarify what I actually need to do in order to run the wi-fi. This is getting annoying, and kinda expensive if I have to find a wi-fi USB cable (there's none on eBay).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back