• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • You could always try third party software for the USB connector. I'll give you a link if you're willing to try.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • for wifi club help

For the wifi club do i need my internet connection to connect with other people (im talking about the one you use friend codes with.) I dont know my wep key and cant retrive it because only my
    grandmothers computer can retrive it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • For the wifi club do i need my internet connection to connect with other people (im talking about the one you use friend codes with.) I dont know my wep key and cant retrive it because only my
    grandmothers computer can retrive it.

Yes, you do. Try going to the link that is displayed on the sticker of your wireless router. Login and you should be able to find your WEP key that way.

Mclena45

Pkmn Trainer Allen
    Years
  • I don't believe that device is supported by them anymore due to a lawsuit. Do other USB devices still work? Also, if you have a wireless router, you should be able to connect to that without having to route through your computer.
    Yes other USB devices still work... And I don't have a wireless router unfortunately...

You could always try third party software for the USB connector. I'll give you a link if you're willing to try.
    That would be great thanks.

Years
  • For some reason, the Nintendo wifi USB is a strange one.
    It works when I FIRST install it, but when I turn off my computer, or restart it, it dies.
    The only way to make it work again, I have to uninstall and install again.

How annoying.

23Q

Years
  • I am having some problems,
    i have wireless internet (but not with this computer)
    and it has a password on it and its security is WEP-AESK
    or something like that, and i can connect my ps3, wii, laptop and pretty much everything.
    except, my DS. as it only supports WEP.
    Is there anyway to have wifi on my DS without changing the password security?
    as WEP is too basic and unreliable.

P.S i know the password so relax, i am not hacking. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • @Solebro: I don't think there is any way around it :/
    Unless you get a Wifi pen with no encryption.

Or if someone knows another way...
    Hope you can solve it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Sorry. Nintendo demonstrated a complete lack of foresight when deciding what encryption protocol to support; even when they made the DS, problems were already cropping up with WEP, and yet they refused to support superior encryption methods like WPA. You're out of luck, I'm afraid.

Zakarii

Pekachu Puhrity <3
    Years
  • I have a problem. Since the DS isn't compatible with WPA security, I want to change it to WEP. Problem is, I don't know how. I tried going on Nintendo's Wifi Support thingy but my Router wasn't listed there. It's a SMC SMC8014W-G router. Can someone please help??

Oh, and don't post replys to this telling me that WEP is retarded or whatever, I know they security isn't as good as WPA, I just want to change it.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Nintendo Wi-fi

Alright, I recently upgraded my internet, but it's unfortunately non-WEP. I've attempted to contact Nintendo, only to be met with "You have reached us outside of our operating hours." What I need to know is if I have to use WEP for Nintendo wifi. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • You have to use WEP or have an unencrypted connection to use Nintendo WiFi, as far as I know.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Ok, I hope I'm posting this in the right section.
    I have windows xp, I had the wifi disc downloaded and it was working fine, well I got a laptop and left this desktop, some how it got deleted off, but any ways, when I go to download it again, I get the message "internet connection sharing error .6.
    Any help please??

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
    Years
  • [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Okay so I JUST got Wifi last night, so I could partake in Pokemon wifi battles.[/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]My problem is I can get to the wifi room and see people I have exchanged Friend Codes with...[/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]But when I talk to them it Attempts to load it or whatever it is doing then the error code 86420 pops up.[/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]i looked it up, it says its prolly the fire wall, otherwise it will just go away by its self.[/FONT]
    (I tried turning off my firewall, and all thos other steps nintendo said to do...)

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]This morrning i FINALLY got a battle, I battled this guy a 4 maybe 5 times.[/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]now its doing it again, and i mean for the past 6 hours ive been tring virtally non-stop and it wont work, except for that one time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]I also tryed last night for about 8 hours and I just cannot get it to work...[/FONT]
    It just recently worked for one more battle, now its back to the error code.

When i talk to the person it does the error code, when they talk to me, it says ____ failed to responed...

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]ANY suggestions would help![/FONT]

Please PM/VM me. thanks.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    YOUR firewall? Try turning off the firewall of the PC that administrates the router.

alienXL

White Raikou Master!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2019
    Erm...

I know this might seem a bit simple and stupid but take the power out of your router and then start it up again.

If not on the router settings (which should be under 192.168.0.1 in your web browser on a computer on the network.) check that your DS is a registered device on the network otherwise there might be some security conflicts that could be blocking incoming connections.

Other than that cant think of anything... never had this problem. Sorry

ktn

Years
  • i need help i got my router 2 days ago and my neighbour put a password on my router. and i don't have a computer is there any way to take it off

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • I need help i just bought a usb connector for my ds and i can't seem to connect in the internet saying to confirm my connection setting and internet availability and the error code was 52203 please help coz i really need it...many thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back