• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2009
    Forget about my last post, i found a lynksys that does A,B&G in my basement, and the ds works with it just fine, but the phone and microwave interfere (no big :D)
    dont ya hate 2.4 gig phones? they dont share like 802.15 does.
    (bluetooth)
    That works because the Nintendo Products primarily rely on B/G.

Forget about my last post, i found a lynksys that does A,B&G in my basement, and the ds works with it just fine, but the phone and microwave interfere (no big :D)
    dont ya hate 2.4 gig phones? they dont share like 802.15 does.
    (bluetooth)

It works because of Nintendo using 802.11 B/G

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    DS Connections?

I have been trying to trade my Shiny Scyther from my SoulSilver to my Platinum, but every time I'm about to trade it it says "Communications error" yada yada yada.

Can someone help me?!

PS - The weather is terrible here, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it... :\

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
  • We've recently changed internet providers and got a new router. I could connect to my wireless on my DS lite fine with the old router but this new one has a password and when I try to connect my DS it says the key is invalid.

I tried Googling for some help but ended up trying to change my password causing the wireless to disconnect every couple minutes >:( I tried switching back to the old router but it won't even connect anymore! How do I change my connection to WEP without causing it to disconnect all the time?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    Norton issue

First off, I want to say, I KNOW, this is a TERRIBLE Firewall/antivirus to use, but the parentals refuse to listen to me about it.anyways, They recently decided to put this on the main computer, and ever since my DS has been getting rejected from connecting(both in WFC and test connection) I get the error code 52100 "Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection." My question is this:Could someone tell me how to get into the settings and allow my DS, or what I would need to do to allow it?thanks in advance

Zet

Years
  • There should be an option to check the block/allow list in the firewall and if it's blocked, just set it to allow. But if you're still getting rejected, try disabling it in the options

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I'm trying to get wi-fi set up for my platinum's sake, but I can't on our router for some reason. So I'm looking for one of those usb adapters that turns your broadband connection to your pc into a wifi that your ds can pick up. I know they don't make the nintendo brand one anymore, but they do sell this kind:
    Wi-Fi and router-related help

Does anyone have any experience with this kind?

Years
  • ATTENTION ALL WHO HAVE ISSUES CONNECTING A DS TO A ROUTER: DS systems don't like it when wireless routers use WPA. They will only work with routers running a WEP security protocol.

I don't know how good that adapter is because I've never needed to use one, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    There should be an option to check the block/allow list in the firewall and if it's blocked, just set it to allow. But if you're still getting rejected, try disabling it in the options

Yeah I found it and set everything to make it so it SHOULD work, but Norton is still blocking me from connecting, any other ideas?

Elite 4 Sam

Steel Type User
    Years
  • Wifi Connection Help

I just got my new DSi, and i have a internet connection with WPA. I read alot of places that the DSi is compatible with WPA, but when i try to set up the wifi on any of my games, it always asks for the WEP code. How do i fix this?

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    The Ds games only accept WEP codes, DSi can accept WPA, but only for the features and not the games.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Merged Elite 4 Sam's wifi connection help thread here, even though it might be solved, since it doesn't belong in Community Questions and Feedback.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    What about disabling it's firewall?
    didnt do anything, I found out its not the firewall so much as much as a feature called "Intrusion detection" which won't disable no matter how many times I tell it to (this crap is why I despise Norton x_x) does the DSlite have it's own IP address? if so how would I find it? Maybe I'd be able to add an exception to allow that or something?

Zet

Years
  • the DS Lite has it's own mac address, it needs an IP address from your internet. I guess you could always uninstall and reinstall norton every time you want to go online with your DS D:

Neko-sama

The Perverted GFX God
    Years
  • Hi all, i was going to make a seperate thread for this but i thought i'd put it here.

Anyone who needs help setting up their router for Wi-Fi with their DS/DSi can PM me for help through PM/MSN. I'm familiar with most router brands and it should take 20-30mins tops to configure it.

!!! - I can also help you setup Wi-Fi on your PC,360,PS3 etc etc...

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    on average how long is it suppose to take to connect to wifi from the ds? it takes mine forever

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back