• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    My question also related to the Wifi USB thing, but i got a third party one..
    Is there anyway i can connect it to the DS, because the DS says it needs registering, yet there's nothing to enable registration :/

Also, i have the Thomson Tg585v7 Router, infamous i know, but is that WEP compatible? and if yes, would it be easier for me just to disable security for the few minutes i go on?

Years
    Also, i have the Thomson Tg585v7 Router, infamous i know, but is that WEP compatible? and if yes, would it be easier for me just to disable security for the few minutes i go on?
    From what I found online the router supports WEP. It is initially harder to use WEP over a non-secure connection. However, after you have set up WEP there is no extra difficulty.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Heys guys! I kinda need some help with connecting to Wi-Fi using my DSi.
    So here's my router: Netgear 54 Mps Wireless Router WGR614 v. 7

Now I can connect to the internet using my DSi and Wii if I just enter the security code but when I try to use Wi-Fi, it says that the access point's security settings are not supported by my DS.

I'm not the best with computers... So is there some way that I can like, change the settings on my router to support the Wi-Fi on my DSi? If someone could answer this for me and uh, tell me how to do it, that would be great! Thanks! ^_^;

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    From what I found online the router supports WEP. It is initially harder to use WEP over a non-secure connection. However, after you have set up WEP there is no extra difficulty.

Okay, so if need be then i can use WEP,

I'm still trying to get this Usb WiFi thing to work, (its not an officia one, but i was sold on the fact that it was 1/3 the price of an official one, and did the same thing. Is there a way i can get this to work, without the registration program the official has? (Vague question i know)

but my last:
    How can I access and edit the list of allowed MAC adresses on the Thomson Tg585v7 Router?

Years
    hello, is there any way i can download software for the nintendo wifi usb connector on my mac? i just got a new macbook and i was wonderin if theres any way to get the software on mac version

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Well guys, I need help, badly.

My laptop seems to keep dropping my signal and picking it back up constantly with any router.
    At first I thought it was interference, due to the fact I pick up on routers around the neighborhood, but it even drops on my Netgear or Linksys routers which have 5 out of 5 bar connection.

System Details:
    I run on Vista Home Basic 32 bit Toshiba Satellite L355 (Service Pack 1 Installed)
    8 GB RAM - 220 GB Hard Drive (System Description Says 3 GB RAM, but the store and sticker said 8)
    Built In Wireless Adapter (only says WIFI Certified, nothing about what kind of adapter)
    Intel Celeron Processor

It would be great if someone can help(: I miss the internet D:

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Well guys, I need help, badly.

My laptop seems to keep dropping my signal and picking it back up constantly with any router.
    At first I thought it was interference, due to the fact I pick up on routers around the neighborhood, but it even drops on my Netgear or Linksys routers which have 5 out of 5 bar connection.

System Details:
    I run on Vista Home Basic 32 bit Toshiba Satellite L355 (Service Pack 1 Installed)
    8 GB RAM - 220 GB Hard Drive (System Description Says 3 GB RAM, but the store and sticker said 8)
    Built In Wireless Adapter (only says WIFI Certified, nothing about what kind of adapter)
    Intel Celeron Processor

It would be great if someone can help(: I miss the internet D:

Are you losing the whole network or only your internet connection?

If it's your network, then it my be a hardware problem and/or the modem/router losing connections.

If it's your IC, then maybe it's from the providing company; ask them to reset your connection or something.

Other problems might e from your WEP key, your OS, your firewall is interfering, your anti-virus, maybe your wireless router is far from your PC..I'm not sure about any of this, though.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Are you losing the whole network or only your internet connection?

If it's your network, then it my be a hardware problem and/or the modem/router losing connections.

If it's your IC, then maybe it's from the providing company; ask them to reset your connection or something.

Other problems might e from your WEP key, your OS, your firewall is interfering, your anti-virus, maybe your wireless router is far from your PC..I'm not sure about any of this, though.

I'm not completely sure. When I have "Network and Sharing" open and it occurs, it implies that the Router is unidentified or it has a cross through internet/router line.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I just recently moved into a dorm room at my new college. I chose not to use the school's network because they monitor your usage to check for things like illegal file sharing. I am using my phone (HTC Evo 4G for Sprint) to tether 3G/4G wireless broadband service to my PC in my dorm in order to forgo the above mentioned violations of my privacy. Can my school still see what I am doing online?

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Nintendo DS connectivity problems. Error Code 51300 usually, Nintendo claims that it is a "WEP Key issue". I'm not even using encryption. MAC filtering is disabled, as is the router's firewall.

Crappy images incoming to make the problem a bit clearer:
    Spoiler:

Help greatly appreciated. FYI, I get the feeling it's got to do with interference, but there isn't much I can do about that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    WEP connection?!?! HELP!

i dont know if this is the right spot for this but can someone help me set up a WEP connection... my parents dont know so any help?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi all.
    I need some help setting up a wireless network (With WEP Security) from my laptop, rather than my router. I used to have my router WEP-enabled, but my Dad's new employers have provided him with a rather ancient laptop which will not recognize any changes to the router's security settings, so changing that back from WPA is out of the question. I've tried a couple of software programs, but none of them allow for WEP software, and I've tried setting up an ad-hoc network but my DS refuses to connect to it. Any alternatives that I could have missed?

Thanks [=

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    Hi. This is just a yes/no question

Will the "Actiontec - Wireless Modem Module for Qwest M1000 DSL Modems" allow me to connect my pokemon game to wifi?

I'm worried that I won't be able to connect, because I tried connecting at my local library, but apparently their wifi isn't compatible(?) with my DS. So I want to know if the wifi I set up at home will connect to my DS.

edit: I haven't bought the wireless module yet. I read in this thread that it might not be compatible: wrongplanet.net/postt74837.html

Last edited:

nm legend

Years
    hey i hope someone can help me on this...i see this thread is kinda dead...but how can i find the WEP adress for my wifi....it has to be somewhere in the computer...please need help just VM, PM ME. or just leave the anwser here..thanks greatly appreciated

Years
    hey i hope someone can help me on this...i see this thread is kinda dead...but how can i find the WEP adress for my wifi....it has to be somewhere in the computer...please need help just VM, PM ME. or just leave the anwser here..thanks greatly appreciated

That information would be in your router... :\

But I don't know how to tell you where to find it since I don't know what model your router is or if it even supports wireless or not. And then there's the whole matter that you are probably using WPA and not WEP to connect.

nm legend

Years
    That information would be in your router... :\

But I don't know how to tell you where to find it since I don't know what model your router is or if it even supports wireless or not. And then there's the whole matter that you are probably using WPA and not WEP to connect.
    oh ok but i found the anwser yesterday online....but thanks anyways greatly appreciated!

Fusionx

Capable Hacker
    Years
    Thanks Heaps. I Was Wondering If I Needed The Actual Router To Use Wireless.
    It Really Helps To Read Older Posts xD

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    This thread has HELP in the title, so I,ll pose a question here...

My keyboard goes spanish at times for whatever reason. Sometimes I,ll question mark a line of text, then next thing I know, an accented ..e.. and other freaky little sybols from whatever alphabet are replacing my punctuation, brackets, parentheses, apostrophes, and quotation marks.

What did I do, if anything, to type like this..
    How can I correct such a change..

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have recently changed an N-Gigabit router with WPA2 Personal, and I was wondering if I can still use it, even though I know the DSLite doesn't support it. Is there anyway, maybe if I change to non auto-ip?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back