• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Ok then I'll get a heart gold.. it's always nice to have someone like that..
    add me as friend.

OmegaLego

That's what she said.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Ok then I'll get a heart gold.. it's always nice to have someone like that..
    add me as friend.

I'm kind of a newbie so I didn't really know where to post this, but here goes...

Would anyone be looking for a "Trade Partner" when HeartGold and SoulSilver come out?

I'm getting Soulsilver, and I'd love to:

Help someone obtain version specific pokemon on a consistent basis,
    --For example, if you had Heartgold but wanted a Vulpix with an adamant nature, I'd due my best to get it to you as soon as soon as possible. And on your part, trying to get me a Scyther. (since i'll have Soulsilver)

Offer evolutionary trades (tradebacks) for others and vice-versa
    --Scizor and Machamp!!

and finally, just to meet a new friend!

Thanks and let me know :cool:

Nice! Anybody else just let me know

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    kinda offtopic, but I saw no descrs of this
    what does ev pokemon, iv pokemon or untouched pokemon actually mean =/

Untouched means that the pokemon still has all original moves
    IV is the stats i think
    EV is a specific kind of training to make them stronger then normal trainning

Anyone if any of this is wrong please correct
    this is just from the limited knowledge that i have read about on here

Years
    • VA
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    It has come to my attention that a lot of things being passed around here are hacked. Each thread says the Pokes are 'legit', but obviously the thread owners haven't tried checking. Here are a few I released tonight after finding that their IV / nature combinations had no legal PIDs (AKA they are hacked):

Shiny Rash Heatran Female 28/09/20/17/28/23
    Shiny Modest Latias 24/05/20/30/25/27
    Shiny Naive Deoxys 28/12/08/13/05/20

Those and many others like them are being cloned and offered at several places on PokeCommunity. I have seen many other shines and shiny legends offered that are suspect or hacked. I won't bother to recall every one, but please for everyone's sake be wary of these kinds of Pokes on here since the majority of users don't know well enough to determine their legitimacy. A lot of people simply take the word of others, which is often a mistake.

I say this as a service announcement, because nearly every legend/shiny/shiny legend I have gotten in a trade on PokeCommunity has turned out to be a hack. Chances are all of you have hacks without realizing it.

I would like to see those of us that claim to 'hate' hacks actually take a little more time to check what they are trading and receiving. A little diligence could go a long way.

Thanks.

On a happier note, the shiny Calm Mewtwo (18/11/27/06/09/02) I got from PC appears to be legit.

Neko-sama

The Perverted GFX God
    Years
    It has come to my attention that a lot of things being passed around here are hacked. Each thread says the Pokes are 'legit', but obviously the thread owners haven't tried checking. Here are a few I released tonight after finding that their IV / nature combinations had no legal PIDs (AKA they are hacked):

Shiny Rash Heatran Female 28/09/20/17/28/23
    Shiny Modest Latias 24/05/20/30/25/27
    Shiny Naive Deoxys 28/12/08/13/05/20

Those and many others like them are being cloned and offered at several places on PokeCommunity. I have seen many other shines and shiny legends offered that are suspect or hacked. I won't bother to recall every one, but please for everyone's sake be wary of these kinds of Pokes on here since the majority of users don't know well enough to determine their legitimacy. A lot of people simply take the word of others, which is often a mistake.

I say this as a service announcement, because nearly every legend/shiny/shiny legend I have gotten in a trade on PokeCommunity has turned out to be a hack. Chances are all of you have hacks without realizing it.

I would like to see those of us that claim to 'hate' hacks actually take a little more time to check what they are trading and receiving. A little diligence could go a long way.

Thanks.

On a happier note, the shiny Calm Mewtwo (18/11/27/06/09/02) I got from PC appears to be legit.

Hiya Troggy, for a n00b to wi-fi trading like myself. Could you tell me the tells of a hack pokemon?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Well, Neko, Troggy is using this website and inputting the IVs/natures of various Pokemon to see if they have a valid IV combination. This only applies to legendary or wild caught Pokemon - hatched Pokemon could have any combination of IVs.

I have some hack check cleaning to do myself... But I like to breed my own stuff anyways. >_>

Years
    • VA
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    Hiya Troggy, for a n00b to wi-fi trading like myself. Could you tell me the tells of a hack pokemon?

That's a pretty big question, actually. It really depends on what the Pokemon is. Sometimes it's very obvious. Some hacks are obtained on routes where they are not found, hatched in places that don't exist, have stats that are impossible, or things like that. Those kinds of things are typical of kids who have Action Replay / Pokesav but don't really understand it or don't care if their hacks are easily detectable. I have seen kids say 'everything is legit except for the Route it was caught at', because they don't know how to do it properly.

There are many ways to hack a Pokemon where it is less detectable, though. Sometimes the only indication is an impossible combination of IVs and nature. It is especially difficult to identify hacked hatched Pokemon, provided there are no obvious warning signs.

As far as event Pokemon go, you can check closely to make sure they have the proper OT/ID number, moves, IVs, ball caught in, and ribbons. If anything seems amiss, it is likely a hack. You can look up lists on websites like Serebii or Bulbapedia that will list all the characteristics that event Pokemon has if it is legit.

If you are having trouble figuring one out, most boards have hack check threads where you can at least get a second opinion. It would take a lot to go through all the particulars but I hope this was helpful.

Detox

Wi-Fi Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat
    Venonat
    Modest
    IV's: 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Agility
    ~Screech
    ~Tackle

I had a random gliscor lying around with those moves, rofl.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    A good day for trading. Johnny gave me a dusk stone AND was nice enough to trade and trade back my electabuzz and magmar to evolve them. Now my trainer card is accurate.
    But I have a problem. When I use the GTS and search a pokemon, I only get 3 trainers. But if I change the country, I get 3 different trainers. Is this because I only have a certain number of badges or something?

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Sorry, Pan, don't know.

So anyway, I'm breeding something for my friend with good IV's and it's frustrating. I mean seriously

>.>

I just now found out the everstone trick doesn't work for some reasons.

I feel like giving up. :K

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    A good day for trading. Johnny gave me a dusk stone AND was nice enough to trade and trade back my electabuzz and magmar to evolve them. Now my trainer card is accurate.
    But I have a problem. When I use the GTS and search a pokemon, I only get 3 trainers. But if I change the country, I get 3 different trainers. Is this because I only have a certain number of badges or something?
    For the GTS, you have to do one offer and one trade. If it is success, then you will see all the seven spots will be filled with trainers ^_^

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    For the GTS, you have to do one offer and one trade. If it is success, then you will see all the seven spots will be filled with trainers ^_^

I just learned that as I read this. I traded one of my 6 remaining cranidos for a shieldon, and afterwards I got 5 trainers. And I left a cranidos up for a barboach. Its ridiculous the pokemon these people want for something as common as a shieldon, like one I saw wanted a dialga.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    I just learned that as I read this. I traded one of my 6 remaining cranidos for a shieldon, and afterwards I got 5 trainers. And I left a cranidos up for a barboach. Its ridiculous the pokemon these people want for something as common as a shieldon, like one I saw wanted a dialga.
    Yeah, I know....Sometimes I make me mad 'cause there is a lot of pokes I like but they ask for something too high that I could not effort ^_^

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    And now, when I try to trade for a porygon wanting a kadabra on the GTS, it won't allow me to select kadabra for trade. The offerer isn't requesting a specific level or gender, so why isn't it allowing me?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    I appreciate this response immensely, finally some answers. This issue has been bothering me since I came to this forum.

I have all three of those ._. I'll see if they have any, thanks for the tip.

To youtube then! or Platinum, I'll get it done somehow.
    How'd I screw that up? Yeah, my mistake, I meant the watch gear thing you get in Gen IV...whatever it's called. The one that has the coin flip app and happiness checker used for Dppt RNG.

That sounds around right, soft-reseting for a Shiny is much more probable than Stats, since for stats and IV's you'd have to catch it, check it, unlike Shinies which just...if they're shiny you'll know immediately. But even if you look at those numbers and if they did just soft reset for stats...make it a little more lenient to something more probable: 3/32 x 3/32 (2 near/are perfect Ivs) x 1/2 (apparently synchronize IS 50% after all, so I wasn't off yay) = 9/2048 or 0.44%. I could actually see that happening BUT, since you can't tell right away it's much longer than a normal soft reset for a shiny so it'd go half as fast due to checking (it's not like the IV checkers are perfect either, but I compared them with pokesav when I inputted everything exactly and they're still fairly accurate). Also, 11 months, that's dedication o_o. Again I'll have to look further into what RNG methods are being used.

This is definitely the first I'm hearing about this, but is also the information I've been looking for to answer "HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE DOING IT?!" I'll take a look at this.

Awe, I did search pretty far for the information (including first hand pokesav experience with Platinum, I know there's one for Hg/ss but I'm not going to ruin that game)...although yes, it's rather clear I didn't search enough (specifically on HG/SS RNG). As for the math, naw, I just know how to use a calculator xD (actually an online one, the numbers were too big for my GRAPHING calculator..geez).
    Well, sadly none of them are perfect. It's fairly easy to create something like a normal OU pokemon with only 2 perfect or near perfect IVs with the proper moveset and exact EVs that'll pass (I think there was something with putting it down as hatched that bypassed the checker but...I don't think I should discuss that further here) especially if you put it in a normal pokeball like a great/ultra/or dusk ball. At least the checker IS getting progressively better (I think). Although the only people I see that are caught are obviously the fools that say they have legit pokemon with illegal movesets

Ok....... If what Kudo says is true, then how do we capture pokemon with Good iv's on HG and SS?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back