• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokiman42

Water Type > Dragon Type
    Years
    But your outspeed by quiet floatzel and 12HKO'd by its boosted HP water 21

It's difficult to predict the outcome of any battle. While you may be right in some ways, his set up for Luvdisc isn't bad at all. It all depends on the situation and how your opponent plays.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I'm not sure what to do! Trade all my breeders (and by definition my competitive fighters because I use them to breed too) to SS when it comes out, or leave it in my Platinum and transfer all my shop pokemon over there. I want the HG/SS egg moves available to me but that's a lot of pokemon to transfer. Either way, it means hours of trading over with intermediates. D:

Detox

Ew, I'm so lonely... Anyone wanna be trade partners and merge threads?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    wondering if anyone could help me, i have diamond, but i'm having trouble cloning pokemon =[

Years
    Well, I finished obtaining 6 pokemon for someone. It was a real easy task but now I'm having a bit of trouble getting a time to trade setup. Besides just VM/PMing whenever it says they're on, anyone got any good tips for getting a proper time set-up of such coincidences seem so rare?

Also working on Battle Frontier stuff since I need enough points to teach a Sunflora Earth Power. I finish a 7 battle streak and then it has a yes/no option but since the question is in Japanese I don't know which to choose, I always seem to choose one and I get sent back to the bottom floor with only 2-3 BP...somehow this has happened 3 times...I swear I tried both, what am I to do?

And last, I have a Brave Bird Murkrow I promised someone...I'll get to messaging them later, although I may still have some work to do on it's IVs (and as far as I'm concerned, there's no RNG for HG/SS due to there being no pokewalker).

THAT REMINDS ME. Warning, mini-rant but I've kept the language family safe

Out of many of the trade threads, I see many offers of supposedly "legit" legendaries. Is nobody here doing the math?! For at least 2 decent IVs and proper nature with a Synchronizer I'd say it's 2/32 (choices 30 or 31 over 32 possible IVs, or 0-31) x 2/32 (2nd IV) x 1/2 (nature synchro, it might be less, it might be more, not sure but this is pushing it) = 1/512. Even if they have insane luck, are they really soft-resetting 200+ times? And they claim they're SHINY on top of it. NEWSFLASH they haven't cracked the RNG for normal capture so there's no legit trick to getting these. I smell all-encounter-shiny cheats all over. Keep in mind most people don't even encounter a single shiny throughout their ENTIRE play-through. So are they REALLY soft-reseting as many times as you've ran into a wild pokemon? If so, stop playing pokemon and buy some lottery tickets GEEZ. And 2 IVs and nature is the MINIMUM, what about those offering near perfect IVs? Notice this is only legendaries, normal shiny/perfect IV pokemon can be RNG.

But now, we have HG/SS. Where no RNG has been cracked and people claim to be able to give perfect IV+Nature pokemon WITH HG/SS BREED ONLY MOVES. Good IVs + Nature I can see, get the right ditto, or one you RNG in DPPt and use the proper breed item. But perfect with Shiny. No. Is it possible to get such? Yes. 1/754329085742380 is still a legit chance, BUT REALLY?

Actually, let me do the math for what some of you claim to have achieved for these legendaries:
    (perfect IVs) 1/32 x 1/32 x 1/32 x 1/32 x 1/32 x 1/32 x (Nature, synchro) 1/2 x (Shiny) 1/8192 = 1/17,592,186,044,416

You know what can get you something like that to pass legit checkers? Just a few things, action replays and pokesav, preferably pokesav. As a matter a fact, it's been confirmed pokesav can create things that'll even pass Nintendo's hack checks. Stop lying to yourselves...it only looks legit.

Had to get that off my chest, sorry if it's the wrong place for it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Well, I finished obtaining 6 pokemon for someone. It was a real easy task but now I'm having a bit of trouble getting a time to trade setup. Besides just VM/PMing whenever it says they're on, anyone got any good tips for getting a proper time set-up of such coincidences seem so rare?
    Download an instant messenger, such as AIM, MSN, or Yahoo and talk to each other when you two are online? Do you know each others' timezones?

Also working on Battle Frontier stuff since I need enough points to teach a Sunflora Earth Power. I finish a 7 battle streak and then it has a yes/no option but since the question is in Japanese I don't know which to choose, I always seem to choose one and I get sent back to the bottom floor with only 2-3 BP...somehow this has happened 3 times...I swear I tried both, what am I to do?
    Lol, no idea about this... I'd have to look, but the last option would be something like, "Would you like to save the last battle in your Video Recorder?".

And last, I have a Brave Bird Murkrow I promised someone...I'll get to messaging them later, although I may still have some work to do on it's IVs (and as far as I'm concerned, there's no RNG for HG/SS due to there being no pokewalker).
    There is the PokeWalker for HGSS, but not PokeRadar. RNG abuse can be used in either regardless. I believe RNG is in many games, but in Pokemon, we are just aware of it and can manipulate the delay and frame to reach that shiny or flawless Pokemon hiding. However, if you attach a power item, the parent's IV will pass down. For example, Power Bracer EVs in Attack, so attaching it to the father would pass down his Attack IV.

Even if they have insane luck, are they really soft-resetting 200+ times? And they claim they're SHINY on top of it. NEWSFLASH they haven't cracked the RNG for normal capture so there's no legit trick to getting these. I smell all-encounter-shiny cheats all over. Keep in mind most people don't even encounter a single shiny throughout their ENTIRE play-through. So are they REALLY soft-reseting as many times as you've ran into a wild pokemon? If so, stop playing pokemon and buy some lottery tickets GEEZ. And 2 IVs and nature is the MINIMUM, what about those offering near perfect IVs? Notice this is only legendaries, normal shiny/perfect IV pokemon can be RNG.
    Uh, I have soft reset for 4 days for one shiny legendary... Then 11 months for another...It's not that hard, although their stats were bad. People are most likely RNGing, but you have to ask the original owner. If he/she seems knowledgeable and credible, it's best to give him/her the benefit of the doubt. ANYTHING can be RNGd, even wondercard Pokemon and Bebe's Eevee and stuff like that. If it's a monster, it can be RNG'd, although some wondercard events and stuff have an anti-shiny check.

But now, we have HG/SS. Where no RNG has been cracked and people claim to be able to give perfect IV+Nature pokemon WITH HG/SS BREED ONLY MOVES.
    RNG has been cracked by a select few on Smogon. One would advance the RNG by the radio.

You may be good at math, but you need to start using your eyes and look for the articles. :)

You know what can get you something like that to pass legit checkers? Just a few things, action replays and pokesav, preferably pokesav.
    You're right, several things I thought were hacked appeared to pass. The only thing that has failed legal.exe, in my experience, was a Tyranitar in a Cherish ball caught at level 100 in a city. Anyone could spot something so obvious, though. Legal.exe does not really check to see if a "forced shiny" code was used. It just checks simple values and information. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    I appreciate this response immensely, finally some answers. This issue has been bothering me since I came to this forum.

Download an instant messenger, such as AIM, MSN, or Yahoo and talk to each other when you two are online? Do you know each others' timezones?
    I have all three of those ._. I'll see if they have any, thanks for the tip.
    Lol, no idea about this... I'd have to look, but the last option would be something like, "Would you like to save the last battle in your Video Recorder?".
    To youtube then! or Platinum, I'll get it done somehow.
    There is the PokeWalker for HGSS, but not PokeRadar. RNG abuse can be used in either regardless. I believe RNG is in many games, but in Pokemon, we are just aware of it and can manipulate the delay and frame to reach that shiny or flawless Pokemon hiding. However, if you attach a power item, the parent's IV will pass down. For example, Power Bracer EVs in Attack, so attaching it to the father would pass down his Attack IV.
    How'd I screw that up? Yeah, my mistake, I meant the watch gear thing you get in Gen IV...whatever it's called. The one that has the coin flip app and happiness checker used for Dppt RNG.

Uh, I have soft reset for 4 days for one shiny legendary... Then 11 months for another...It's not that hard, although their stats were bad. People are most likely RNGing, but you have to ask the original owner. If he/she seems knowledgeable and credible, it's best to give him/her the benefit of the doubt. ANYTHING can be RNGd, even wondercard Pokemon and Bebe's Eevee and stuff like that. If it's a monster, it can be RNG'd, although some wondercard events and stuff have an anti-shiny check.
    That sounds around right, soft-reseting for a Shiny is much more probable than Stats, since for stats and IV's you'd have to catch it, check it, unlike Shinies which just...if they're shiny you'll know immediately. But even if you look at those numbers and if they did just soft reset for stats...make it a little more lenient to something more probable: 3/32 x 3/32 (2 near/are perfect Ivs) x 1/2 (apparently synchronize IS 50% after all, so I wasn't off yay) = 9/2048 or 0.44%. I could actually see that happening BUT, since you can't tell right away it's much longer than a normal soft reset for a shiny so it'd go half as fast due to checking (it's not like the IV checkers are perfect either, but I compared them with pokesav when I inputted everything exactly and they're still fairly accurate). Also, 11 months, that's dedication o_o. Again I'll have to look further into what RNG methods are being used.

RNG has been cracked by a select few on Smogon. One would advance the RNG by the radio.
    This is definitely the first I'm hearing about this, but is also the information I've been looking for to answer "HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE DOING IT?!" I'll take a look at this.

You may be good at math, but you need to start using your eyes and look for the articles. :)
    Awe, I did search pretty far for the information (including first hand pokesav experience with Platinum, I know there's one for Hg/ss but I'm not going to ruin that game)...although yes, it's rather clear I didn't search enough (specifically on HG/SS RNG). As for the math, naw, I just know how to use a calculator xD (actually an online one, the numbers were too big for my GRAPHING calculator..geez).
    You're right, several things I thought were hacked appeared to pass. The only thing that has failed legal.exe, in my experience, was a Tyranitar in a Cherish ball caught at level 100 in a city. Anyone could spot something so obvious, though. Legal.exe does not really check to see if a "forced shiny" code was used. It just checks simple values and information. :(
    Well, sadly none of them are perfect. It's fairly easy to create something like a normal OU pokemon with only 2 perfect or near perfect IVs with the proper moveset and exact EVs that'll pass (I think there was something with putting it down as hatched that bypassed the checker but...I don't think I should discuss that further here) especially if you put it in a normal pokeball like a great/ultra/or dusk ball. At least the checker IS getting progressively better (I think). Although the only people I see that are caught are obviously the fools that say they have legit pokemon with illegal movesets

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    okay thanks. how do you get access to the Pal Park
    do you have access to it from the start or late into the game?

OmegaLego

That's what she said.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I'm kind of a newbie so I didn't really know where to post this, but here goes...

Would anyone be looking for a "Trade Partner" when HeartGold and SoulSilver come out?

I'm getting Soulsilver, and I'd love to:

Help someone obtain version specific pokemon on a consistent basis,
    --For example, if you had Heartgold but wanted a Vulpix with an adamant nature, I'd due my best to get it to you as soon as soon as possible. And on your part, trying to get me a Scyther. (since i'll have Soulsilver)

Offer evolutionary trades (tradebacks) for others and vice-versa
    --Scizor and Machamp!!

and finally, just to meet a new friend!

Thanks and let me know :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back