• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chains

Psychic Trainer
Years
  • 11 shinies? You guys are waaaay luckier than me.

Thanks, that was the answer I wanted. :)

Are there any good guides for RNG'ing in HGSS? I want to be able to RNG Lugia and Suicune when the English version is released.

No there arent any guides on RNG Abuse in HG/SS but there is a reasearch thread, The RNG (Random Number Generator) In those games are slightly different and there needs to be some testing still about it because the RNG hasnt been cracked in those games yet and they havent even come out yet so XD Also in those games there isnt a Journal and we need to find what advances the Frame in that game which we found out its the Radio but its very random so just wait till it comes out and there will be a guide on Smogon probably :D
    I can tell you that a few people have successfully RNG Abused in HG/SS so it is possible just no guide yet.....

Detox

jUst found a shiny chansey, calm natured. Wish I had my bold synchronizer kadabra when I found this gal...

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Why bother, those things are useless besides Registeel and to an extent Regirock

Wow you couldn't be so wrong. The three Regi's make magnificent walls; Regigigas is the only one of the four that is pretty useless, though he is still great in doubles.

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • Wow you couldn't be so wrong. The three Regi's make magnificent walls; Regigigas is the only one of the four that is pretty useless, though he is still great in doubles.

Haha thank you, Kairyu is right on the fact that Registeel is the most usefulll though and Regirock is great as a Cureser in a Sandstorm :P And regigigas with Massive Attack, good HP and Defenses in Doubles with Skill Swap could be deadly XD But i do agree imo Regice is pretty useless but its better having it then letting it sit in a cave :/

EDIT:
    Kingdra
    Adamant
    31/31/31/17/31/31
    Ability: Sniper
    Caught: In a Dive Ball :P
    Already have one with Swift Swim so i figured why not :/

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    How can you say that? :P Regice has amazing SP.D and can even make a good sweeper with the bolt-beam combo ;)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • In other news, I just tried messing around with the RNG thing (now that I know I don't need my SID >.>) and the stupid program confused the crap out of me. Smogon's explanation confuses the crap out of me too. Is there like an RNG Guide for Dummies somewhere? <.<

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • In other news, I just tried messing around with the RNG thing (now that I know I don't need my SID >.>) and the stupid program confused the crap out of me. Smogon's explanation confuses the crap out of me too. Is there like an RNG Guide for Dummies somewhere? <.<

Theres me :D PM me and ill help out :P

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • I can see that now a book called "RNG for Dummies" in bookstores.

Wish the software downloaded on mac's or I would be RNG'ing.

Chains really started a RNG'ing craze lol.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Well, I've wanted to try RNGing for a while now, except I didn't know how to do it. I read the Smogon explanation and all it did was confuse me. Badly. I've probably read the wrong guide. >.>

I haz tutor nao. But thanks for offering Chains. :D

Detox

Smogon sorta only has one guide lol. I found it understandable the first 4 times I read over it.

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • Well, I've wanted to try RNGing for a while now, except I didn't know how to do it. I read the Smogon explanation and all it did was confuse me. Badly. I've probably read the wrong guide. >.>

I haz tutor nao. But thanks for offering Chains. :D
    Welcome :D
    Just read over the Guide again a few times
    And make sure you do the Calibbration Steps thats very important
    And then from there on its very easy
    Enter in the Info you need to the RNG Reporter and get the Data you need and then try and hit your Delay and from there RNG The Poke :P Its very very easy once you get it trust me XD

I can see that now a book called "RNG for Dummies" in bookstores.

Wish the software downloaded on mac's or I would be RNG'ing.

Chains really started a RNG'ing craze lol.

Hahah lol didnt mean too its just easy and wanted others here to learn :P

Detox

Im not a 60 year old female, im a 14 year old kid @___@

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • That's nice and all, and Imma let you finish but I really am 8 and I had no problem learning how to RNG abuse... :D

I tend to explain it well... I can recall tutoring some 5 friends so far.

My only personal difficulty was learning how to count taps/flips, lawl.

Anyway, my notepad is stuffed with arranged trades.. I need a personal secretary... XD

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
  • yeh chains taught me how to RNG :P

That's nice and all, and Imma let you finish but I really am 8 and I had no problem learning how to RNG abuse... :D

I tend to explain it well... I can recall tutoring some 5 friends so far.

My only personal difficulty was learning how to count taps/flips, lawl.

Anyway, my notepad is stuffed with arranged trades.. I need a personal secretary... XD

Lol the hardest part for me was the encounter slots X_x but know there totally understandable XD
    And the Flips i remember my first time i messed up my flips like 3 times before i got it :P

Detox

I lose count of those damn things sometimes >_>

freaking journal.....

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • Just completed a round (two, kind of) of IV Breeding (first in a while, actually). Parents had at least one flawless stat each (Ditto had all, of course). Here are the "best" of the checked:

Vulpix: Modest
    20/13-14/31/31/24/24
    and
    23/13-14/31/31/8/21

Cyndaquil: Modest
    7/31/23/25/31/31 (of course the Sp. Atk of both of the parents was 31 and this one wouldn't get it. Wouldn't be a problem if I had decided to try it in HG/SS)

Any suggestions on what to do from here? Should I try to get the offspring to breed with the Ditto and see what turns out that way?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back