• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do you have wi-fi at your home? If so, how long ago have you gotten it? Have you changed your network name, or kept it default? If it's former, what did you name it, and how did you come up with said name? If you were to ever change it, what would you go with? For those that don't have it, how do you feel about wired connections? Do you like them, dislike them, or are you neutral on them?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    I use Orange Broadband, unlimited calls and unlimited bandwidth. Used to use BT, but they had limited bandwidth, so I changed at the beginning of this year.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    We've had WiFi since my brother got his first laptop back in 2007. I remember my dad buying a new router with WiFi, which I thought was incredible. We have since switched router a few times, and each time we have tried to come up with a new name. Currently our 2.4 GHz WiFi network is named the same as our address, while the 5 GHz band is called singingbanana because I am the only one in the house who uses it :P

I used to be a huge advocate of wired networks because of the security, speed and simplicity, but nowadays I don't really care. Wireless has evolved enough to be a viable solution, and none of my devices are running wired anymore.

Years
    I have wired internet (Verizon FiOS) so no WiFi here. The only way for me to get it is to have my laptop set up a hotspot so I can connect my 3DS, Wii U, Vita, and others. Would be nice to not have to do that since the hotspot can sometimes have issues and require restarts, etc. ;(
    FiOS comes with a modem/router in one. How do you not have WiFi? Most FiOS SSIDs (and their passwords) are on a label somewhere on the modem/router combo, so you should have WiFi unless the technician who installed your service disabled it upon completion of the setup.

I recall one of the tech guys saying we couldn't get Wi-Fi with our TV/phone/internet plan but might be remembering wrong. I'll do some poking around to be sure! No one in the family really needs it and I've a decent laptop hotspot (despite the restarts that are sometimes needed boo) that I can use so I didn't think to research further, bahaha.

Years
    I recall one of the tech guys saying we couldn't get Wi-Fi with our TV/phone/internet plan but might be remembering wrong.
    If there was a technician that told your family that, then he or she has no idea what they're talking about. Don't get me wrong, but I believe that it's just a simple setting in the system itself (you know, when you log into 192.168.1.1 with a username/password?). I'm at least glad though to see that you have another decent way to connect to WiFi though!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I recently using a Wi-Fi that is currently named Windy's Spot, since several months ago. I named my Wi-Fi hotspot this because it is usually my (hot)spot when I'm in home, also because it's catchy.

Back