• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii Countdown clock

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • Right now it's a little over 11 days out (11 days, 4 hours). So I thought it'd be good to have a thread for it (and some talk about it). Because OG has very little talk on the Wii and the launch of the Wii.
    So within 11 days many of us will have the Wii. Many of us will be playing and seeing if it's all it's cut out to be.
    So, who's getting one? What games? Going to get one on launch?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Many of us will have one on the launch date? I highly doubt that.

I probably won't get one till Christmas/ early 2006. First of all, I lack the funds currently. Not to mention if I had funds, they'd be going to Christmas gifts and I wouldn't spend the money on myself. Second of all, there isn't really anything interesting coming out on launch other than TP, which I'm in no rush to play. And thirdly, I want to make sure the system isn't glitchy or messed up like the 360 was on it's launch.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Many of us will have one on the launch date? I highly doubt that.

I probably won't get one till Christmas/ early 2006. First of all, I lack the funds currently. Not to mention if I had funds, they'd be going to Christmas gifts and I wouldn't spend the money on myself. Second of all, there isn't really anything interesting coming out on launch other than TP, which I'm in no rush to play. And thirdly, I want to make sure the system isn't glitchy or messed up like the 360 was on it's launch.
    Right off the top of my head. Me, Robo (most likely), Samurai X, Triffy, Scotty, Austin (I count both of them because I still talk to them). And there's others in the NFC (like I said, off the top of my head).

I really don't think the Wii will have any probs. About the only Nintendo system I can think of that had probs was the DSLite. And that was just the hinge. Where the PS2 had drive errors, even after a year after the launch (my first PS2 probs and I got it a year after it came out). And the 360 had HDD errors, hardware probs, discs getting cut up and so on. Nintendo's hardware is a pretty safe bet.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Thanks for making this Andy! I was going to. But since I'm the moderator I would've had to be fair and make one for the PS3 too (which isn't going to happen any time soon. XD). So, I chose to do neither. So, thanks!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • I have a Wii preorder and got a friend to also preorder one for me(stupid 1 per household or something rule).
    I also have a single PS3 order waiting.

If possible, I won't be keeping any of them, I'm hoping to sell them all and buy them again once the Wii is available in black. Hopefully I'll have enough money for a Wii, X360, and PS3, and if I'm really lucky I'll still have a couple hundred left :D

Console colors are important to me- If I invest more than a grand on console gaming, they better match! I'll be forced to choose black because PS3 won't be getting any new colors anytime soon, whereas X360 has rumors for a black version in the making and the Wii will be most plentiful, therefore easier to variate...

I was over at GameStop today, they've got a little Wii countdown clock above the registers... I wanted one for myself! XD

Offtopic: Anyone remember the Wiimote TV remotes? A real replica of a Wiimote usable on TVs! I forgot what Ninty gave them away for, but I want one so badly! *jumps to eBay*

Years
  • I'm getting the Wii on the launch.
    Hopefully
    I pre-ordered mine about early/mid october (after it became avliable to pre-order in the UK), but I'm in the UK so I have to wait till Dec.

sad thing is, I have three DVD cases stuck together and I've been waving my TV remote around.

I want one of thos remotes so badly.

I have exactly 30 days to wait.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Thanks for making this Andy! I was going to. But since I'm the moderator I would've had to be fair and make one for the PS3 too (which isn't going to happen any time soon. XD). So, I chose to do neither. So, thanks!
    Can't forget the Wii. And I would start a PS3 thread but it'd go something like this " Who's getting a PS3 at launch? Oh and by the way, I'm not. I'm going to get one next year.". XD

I have a Wii preorder and got a friend to also preorder one for me(stupid 1 per household or something rule).
    I also have a single PS3 order waiting.

If possible, I won't be keeping any of them, I'm hoping to sell them all and buy them again once the Wii is available in black. Hopefully I'll have enough money for a Wii, X360, and PS3, and if I'm really lucky I'll still have a couple hundred left :D

Console colors are important to me- If I invest more than a grand on console gaming, they better match! I'll be forced to choose black because PS3 won't be getting any new colors anytime soon, whereas X360 has rumors for a black version in the making and the Wii will be most plentiful, therefore easier to variate...

I was over at GameStop today, they've got a little Wii countdown clock above the registers... I wanted one for myself! XD

Offtopic: Anyone remember the Wiimote TV remotes? A real replica of a Wiimote usable on TVs! I forgot what Ninty gave them away for, but I want one so badly! *jumps to eBay*
    The PS3 you should get a good price for it on eBay. But the Wii, I know some people are paying a good bit for it on eBay. But we'll have 6 mil systems by the end of March or something like that. So you might be able to sell the Wii, but the demand won't be close to your PS3 (because no one will be able to find one). What I'd give to go back in time and buy 5 360s and sell them all at 2K each. I'd have some nice spending money. XD

The only reason why I'm getting a white one is because I HAVE to have one at launch.

My EB had one of them clocks. It was cool and I also would love to have one. I wonder if I could buy it from them after the launch is already over. XD

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/wiiremote1.jpg
    https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/wiiremote2.jpg
    https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/wiiremote3.jpg
    https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/wiiremote4.jpg

Feel better? XD
    Yea I wish I could have gotten one. Not to use it for the TV, but to see how it feels, and the size (I know it's the size of a PSP) and all that stuff.

10 days, 13 hours

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • OMFG, you lucky. Wii will be released in Spain in 9th December. Euroe's date is 8th, but 8th is a free day in Spain and stores don't open.

But I'll wait more time for Wii. I wanna a DS Lite first.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • the Wii could very possibly add a new dimention to pokemon gameplay
    so I am officially exited...
    i hope that said added dimentions will reduce the number of folks who hate pokemon for no good reason...

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I've had my Wii preordered, and I'll be playing it by Christmas Day. Woohoo!
    I thought that it would nice to get it then.

I hope to get Twilight Princess and maybe Rayman (it looks cool).

Legolas

<3 +.+ E>
    Years
  • I'm getting a Rev at launch...along with TP (paid in full) and I didn't reserve it, but I'm hoping to pick up a Trama Center: Second Operation game, :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I wish that I was in the same boat as most of you, but reservations ran out within an HOUR of their arrival around where I am...and I didn't find out until the next day...and I don't even have any money ;_;...so I'll have to hope for a miracle or something...or maybe go crazy and sell that copy of Pokemon Box I've got sitting in my room...

Almost COMPLETELY off-topic now, but does anyone know if GCN accessories like the GB Player will work with the "Wiivolution" (best you'll get outta me)?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • GB Player won't work with it. The GC controller will work with GC games, Virtual Console games, and some Wii games though. And you can use GC memory cards for GC games.

Anyway, I'm getting a Wii, Twilight Princess, and an extra Wiimote. I think that'll be it for me, since there aren't really any decent VC games at launch. I want Trauma Center too, but maybe for Christmas.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm getting one at launch, I can't wait. Lets all freeze ourselves! Ha, that South Park episode was great!

Anyway, I'll be getting a Wii, Twilight Princess, Rayman Raving Rabbids, one other game, and an extra Wiimote.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 9 more days for me... (I live in the US. Yay!)

Anyway, I pre-ordered mine with Excite Truck and Twilight Princess. If anyone else has preordered TP, then go to the launch party at GameStop at 12:00AM.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • im defenitly getting the wii and have decided to get it with the legend of zelda twilight princess as i think its the best out of the release titles. In the package i also get wii sports but i think that wii sports comes with every package. Its a massive shame that pokemon battle revolution is not one of the release titles for the wii otherise i think that many people would have opted for it instead of any other game.

Years
  • Its a massive shame that pokemon battle revolution is not one of the release titles for the wii otherise i think that many people would have opted for it instead of any other game.

I agree, I also wish that Super Smash Brothers Brawl came out with it too

I'm not getting one until Christmas, since I'm on a budget. The only thing I'm worried about is the controller, I don't know how thats going to work out.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I think the reason why Nintendo didn't open up with a ton of super big launch titles is because one game would take the spotlight from the other. Lets say the Wii launched with Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Red Steel, Super Smash Bros, and Metroid. I know I'm getting all of them games and I'm sure others are the same. But I can only buy so many games, and having to buy 6 games won't be pretty for me. And on top of that, them games will take the spotlight from the others. The way they got it now, they can launch with Zelda and Red Steel and a few months get Mario out there, then a few months later get Metroid and so on. That way it'll give everyone time to save up for the games, and gives a chance for each one of them games to shine. I think it's a pretty smart move on Nintendo's part.

8 days, 5 hours

Years
  • I think the reason why Nintendo didn't open up with a ton of super big launch titles is because one game would take the spotlight from the other. Lets say the Wii launched with Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Red Steel, Super Smash Bros, and Metroid. I know I'm getting all of them games and I'm sure others are the same. But I can only buy so many games, and having to buy 6 games won't be pretty for me. And on top of that, them games will take the spotlight from the others. The way they got it now, they can launch with Zelda and Red Steel and a few months get Mario out there, then a few months later get Metroid and so on. That way it'll give everyone time to save up for the games, and gives a chance for each one of them games to shine. I think it's a pretty smart move on Nintendo's part.

8 days, 5 hours
    Yeah, Nintendo are staging the release of the main titles.
    We get Zelda on launch (if we didn't I'm sure alot of people would be mad)
    Then we get Warioware during the christmas time (appearntly, not sure)
    Then the spring we get, Metroid Prime 3:, SSBB and Pokemon.
    And probably a smaller title inbetween christmas and the spring, like Project H.A.M.M.E.R or something along those lines

Europe Countdown: 26 Days.

Back