• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will ALL Pokémon be in X and Y?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    every Pokemon video game has sprite and data base for every single Pokemon. this time they made every single 3d model of pokemon

If i know gamefreak they made everyone single pokemon 3d model for the game just put in database that usely do with the sprite

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I strongly believe there's a misinterpretation in what was said in that interview. Having all of the Pokémon from each generation available in the games takes away one of GameFreak's and Nintendo's trade features, which is trading and connecting with other trainers. I'm sure the data and 3D models for every Pokémon is available in the games, and perhaps a large selection as well, but I doubt every Pokémon will be found in just these two games.

But if you have more to catch, you'll want the space and safety of Pkmn Bank.
    You know, that's not such a bad reason. Haha!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    You have to remember that few months ago gamefreak wasn't sure they will be able to make a connection between gen 5 and 6, and mabye because of that they were prepaired and put all the pokemon in the game.

Good point, however they could also being expanding the amount of pokémon available to make the game more accessible to newcomers without dumbing down the gameplay like they seemed to do with B/W.

Also, I don't think that the transferring method is free and may eventually be unavailable when the 3DS eventually gets discontinued, which is why having all pokémon available would be implemented.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I really hope they don't have all of them...it'll feel like there wouldn't be much more they could do in this generation...as FrLgE, PtHgSs, and B2W2 had Pokémon not available in the first pair of games of their generations. I guess they could do a third version like Crystal...but it'll only have added story in a few features...when I buy a new game though the thing I look forward to the most are catching Pokémon I couldn't in the first two games of the generation or in the previous generation for that matter (which is why I love the start of a new generation).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I really hope they don't have all of them...it'll feel like there wouldn't be much more they could do in this generation...as FrLgE, PtHgSs, and B2W2 had Pokémon not available in the first pair of games of their generations. I guess they could do a third version like Crystal...but it'll only have added story in a few features...when I buy a new game though the thing I look forward to the most are catching Pokémon I couldn't in the first two games of the generation or in the previous generation for that matter (which is why I love the start of a new generation).

you cant catch all pokemon from every Gen by playing it but they allway made the pokemon database have all the pokemon encase they do event with pokeGTS or some time Pokemon event with the bank or website event.

if you open the pokemon ROMS you see they make every single Spirte forever single pokemon they every made or use a Game shark or action replay they show the list pokemon list. the pokemon pokedex they made for eshop had all 3d models

Back