• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will ALL Pokémon be in X and Y?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'd guess there would be more of them than usual due to the introduction of Mega Evolutions, although all I really care about it having the Nidoran families in the regional dex because I've been sorely missing them (a Nidoking/Nidoqueen Mega Evo would be nice as well).

All of them? Probably not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    It's been confirmed that Pidgey, Caterpie, Psyduck and Pikachu will be available early-on in game. I'm happy to see the Pidgey line making a return, definitely will be tempted to use it on my team and see its 3D sprite in battle!

Sweet you can catch a pikachu.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
    I'd guess there would be more of them than usual due to the introduction of Mega Evolutions, although all I really care about it having the Nidoran families in the regional dex because I've been sorely missing them (a Nidoking/Nidoqueen Mega Evo would be nice as well).

High five, dude.

Yeah, I've been saying the same thing over and over for so long I'm just beating dust off the horse's carcass. On the other hand, I've also mentioned that everyone else on my team can be all new for all I care. Include all of Kanto or don't, it doesn't affect me any, nor should it really effect anyone else. Just give me the Nidoran line, that's it. Beyond that, I'll gladly begin to learn the names of all the generations of Pokémon I've missed.

Besides, the Pokedex is made up of three parts, so it's very possible that there's a large number available, here.

As for giving them mega evos, I can see it happening, and oh what a boon for Nidoran fan art it will be (maybe more from Japan I hope I hope). :3 'Cept then I'd have to draw 'em too, and I'm already too lazy to draw King/Queen as is. :C

I will say that I think it's weird Caterpie's here, isn't there a new butterfly in this region? If Wurmple's in the game as well, it's gonna be kind of redundant, isn't it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    It's been confirmed that Pidgey, Caterpie, Psyduck and Pikachu will be available early-on in game. I'm happy to see the Pidgey line making a return, definitely will be tempted to use it on my team and see its 3D sprite in battle!

Where did you hear that these pokemon in particular caterpie is confirmed?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

I agree, the Nidoran lines should return...they've been left out of every regional dex entry after Johto :(

Dedenne

The Antenna Pokémon
    Years
    Well since we're getting 2 starters (1 Kalos, 1 Kanto) then probably yes.
    But I think that what they're going to do is what they did in another game(can't remember of the top of my head) where once you complete the game then all region pokemon can be found in grass.
    Just a prediction though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    All pokemon will be in x and y

https://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/4...ches-up-the-classic-story-formula-to-focus-on

I think this is amazing that all pokemon from previous games will be included in pokemon x and y. Reading further down in the article it is confirmed it will include all pokemon. This makes it really hard to choose what team I want how can I pick 6 from hundreds? What does everyone else make of this news?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    All this could mean is that every Pokemon will have its data in the game, and not all of them are catchable... Still, one should question why they would announce that every Pokemon is in the game, if all they meant, was that all of them have their programmed in. It wouldn't really suprise anyone if that's what they meant.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I took it as every pokemon will be catcheable. And watching the trailers there's random pokemon that pop up. Maybe after you beat out the elites and all that, all other pokemon will become available.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I took it as every pokemon will be catcheable. And watching the trailers there's random pokemon that pop up. Maybe after you beat out the elites and all that, all other pokemon will become available.

If every Pokemon is catchable, then that would really defeat the purpose of stuff like trading, version exclusive Pokemon, and starters, for me.

The quote seems pretty clear to me. Whether it's misinformed or not is the issue.

In my opinion, the quote doesn't tell us anything. "It will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles." , could just tell us that it has more new Pokemon, as new Pokemon automatically means that it will have the largest selection of Pokemon in any game.

Last edited:
    Years
    I interpreted it as all will be available in the games but I expect a massive amount will be version exclusives and maybe after beating the e4 more are available, possibly if there is another part to do in the end game to make more available

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I did naturally assume that all pokemon will be available then to encourage the use of their new trading and battle feature to split them in half and make them exclusives.I do think a lot way over a 100 will be available before the elite 4. I don't think they meant it as data as the quote was very specific and hard to misinterpret. But this will be the best pokemon game by far if it is true. They said it is designed to feel like a proper adventure and bond with people and pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    They already have the original starters available plus a Torchic to get a mego evo, so with that maybe the other starters will be catcheable too. But true about the exclusives and other legendaries. Wasn't there already a rumor about this though? Someone said you hardly see the same pokemon twice.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    If every Pokemon is catchable, then that would really defeat the purpose of stuff like trading, version exclusive Pokemon, and starters, for me.

In my opinion, the quote doesn't tell us anything. "It will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles." , could just tell us that it has more new Pokemon, as new Pokemon automatically means that it will have the largest selection of Pokemon in any game.
    it wouldn't necessarily defeat the purpose of version exclusives as they would divide the Pokemon into both versions so you still need to trade

and i think the quote is pretty clear i mean they could have said something along the lines of "pokemon x and y includes the most diverse and largest number of Pokemon to date." which is vague I doubt the would have phrased it the way they did its just too specific to mean anything else so either as someone else has said it is either misinformed or means exactly what it sounds like and it doesn't sound like they meant by trading them from previous gen games. EDIT: the only issue i can see with every pokemon being obtainable in x or y is it makes Pokemon bank kind of less worth the money making it possibly less likely to be true.

Last edited:
    Years
    You have to remember that few months ago gamefreak wasn't sure they will be able to make a connection between gen 5 and 6, and mabye because of that they were prepaired and put all the pokemon in the game.

Back