• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will ALL Pokémon be in X and Y?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I was wondering after seeing the trailers and new information out that the pokemon X and Y game will have all of the kanto pokemon just some with mega evolutions? They seem to have a good mix already of old pokemon from each generation which is what excites me the most,i have a good choice of what pokemon to have personally i prefer generation 1 and 2 pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm like 100% sure that not all of the Kanto Pokemon would be in X and Y. Pokemon like Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle won't be in it for sure, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew and Mewtwo will most likely not be there either because they are the legendaries for Kanto (although they could be possibly caught after the main game is finished), and I don't think the fossil Pokemon will be available within X and Y (until maybe after the main game is finished). But this is just my opinion.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    While it would be convenient to fill the Pokedex up without much transferring, I severely doubt it. I'd imagine X/Y's region dex to be pretty massive, so I'm estimating half/most of Kanto being available(being generous), whether it be pre or post-game. The bird trio will most likely not be in, Mewtwo will probably end up being an eventmon, fossils maybe if there is a mining system similar to D/P/Pt, and due to the fact that Team Flare sells them for money. (I'm sure X/Y will have their own set of fossils with the possibility of older fossil Pokemon being available) All of the other Pokemon are questionable, but it seems Pikachu will be available in a forest area unless it was only for show.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    Surely Mewtwo will be available in the main game since it was the first pokemon they revealed with a new form and been in many trailers and posters?
    Also excluding legendary pokemon wouldn't it make sense to use majority of old pokemon then split them into X and Y to encourage trading and use of there new battling/trading system worldwide?i only think this because they seem to be focussing on improving the game by keeping what they have but making it better trading,battling,training pokemon etc.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
    I doubt all of the Kanto pokémon will be in the game. Probably a substantial amount, but not all. They'll want to give players a chance to use the new pokémon, not let them rely on pokémon they've been using for the last 10 years.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    On a somewhat similar note , wouldn't it be cool if we had mega evolutions of johto's legen(wait for it).............………….................................................................................……dary ( yea I did ) beasts , and their forms could be that of the original 3 pokemon who died in the fire.

Also I kinda see the gen 1 fossils being in the game , especially if they distribute it like they did in gen 5. And I say throw in MegaMew just for the heck of it ( but make it a secret pokemon)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Highly doubt it. It will probably be like Unova was. There will probably only be aroung 100 to 150 old pokemon maybe less in the games. There will probably be about 50 more old pokemon after national dex. SO we will probably only see around 150 to 300 of the pokemon from the previous 5 generation. I highly doubt we will even see that many. 200 to 250 is probably the better guess.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I've never been a fan of the legendary dogs
    but I love the legendary birds.also in the gameplay trailers we've seen
    Charizard so it makes sense the 3 kanto starters will be available obviously only have 1.
    Also we've seen pikachu,dratini,dragonite,haunter,jigglypuff,snorkax,geodude. They seem to be showing more kanto pokemon than other generations. Also I've heard the game holds a lot more memory this time so more pokemon than previous games?for me the thought of all if not majority of not just kanto but other previous generations is what makes me want the game that and some of the new features.I think they should only make a small amount of new pokemon and just shove as many previous generations in as possible

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Definitely not.

And I hope they do a really epic remake game for Gen 6. Maybe they can somehow tie Hoenn and Kanto together for the third gen remakes.

Years
    I don't think all the Kanto Pokemon will be in the game, Game Freak can't please all "Genwunners" but we will probably have not just 6th Gen Pokemon, but also Pokemon from the other 5 generations. Usually the ones obviously not included in the regional dex are previous-gen starters and legendaries.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don't think they'll have all of them, but a good decent number of them. Maybe Mewtwo and the birds will appear. The birds skipped out of generation V, the first time since generation II. Maybe the Beasts will too as they weren't in Gen V either which as their first absence from a generation.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Judging by the past generations, we could expect Game Freak to have the Kalos Pokédex composed of every Gen VI Pokémon + an assortment of Pokémon from the previous generations.

But what I would really like is if the Pokédex included every single Pokémon from the get-go.
    I would also really like if they allowed us to obtain every Pokémon from #001 to the last of the Gen VI Pokémon within X/Y.
    Have a long list of exclusive Pokémon as well; I love the concept of having to trade with others to catch every Pokémon, so having a long list of version-exclusive Pokémon would be awesome. I think that having around ~50 different Pokémon evolutionary lines exclusive to X and ~50 others exclusive to Y would be great.
    Version-exclusives would preferably be equivalent Pokémon; things such as Growlithe/Arcanine exclusive to X and Vulpix/Ninetales exclusive to Y, Cottonee/Whimsicott exclusive to X and Petilil/Liligant exclusive to Y, et cetera. This is because while I love the concept of requiring trade in order to complete the Pokédex, I feel that players shouldn't really be punished if they can't trade for whatever reason. For example, while they wouldn't be able to obtain Growlithe/Arcanine in Y, they would be able to obtain Vulpix/Ninetales which basically do the same thing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I've never been a fan of the legendary dogs
    but I love the legendary birds.also in the gameplay trailers we've seen
    Charizard so it makes sense the 3 kanto starters will be available obviously only have 1.
    Also we've seen pikachu,dratini,dragonite,haunter,jigglypuff,snorkax,geodude. They seem to be showing more kanto pokemon than other generations. Also I've heard the game holds a lot more memory this time so more pokemon than previous games?for me the thought of all if not majority of not just kanto but other previous generations is what makes me want the game that and some of the new features.I think they should only make a small amount of new pokemon and just shove as many previous generations in as possible

I doubt this will happen. New pokemon is what sells the games. And I would hate if they had less then 100. I want to see 135 or so new pokemon.

I do however want to see some of the older legendaries be part of the post game. I always loving tracking down old pokemon like that. Would be nice to see a Lugia and Ho-oH post game. I think we can expect to see Mewtwo for sure though.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
    I highly doubt all of the Kanto Pokemon will be in the new games.

However, I do personally anticipate related Pokemon games of some sort to come out along with X and Y. They've come out in every generation, and I honestly don't see why Game Freak would break this trend.

I honestly doubt they'll go out of their way to make filling the Pokedex up be very hard, especially since they stopped supporting 3rd Gen game cartridges over in their repair and customer service departments.

I'm thinking that a lot of Hoenn Pokemon (along with a bunch of legends from other gens) might possibly be in these games, at the very least. Bonus starters? A slight possibility. However, don't keep your fingers crossed. I personally don't anticipate any DS generation games/remakes seeing any sort of re-release in the 3DS format in the near future.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Every regional dex has, what, around 150-220 pokemon in them? I guess they could break this tradition to include all Kanto pokemon... but I like it best when regional dexes have a mix of pokemon from all generations.

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
    It really depends on which Pokémon get evolutions/Mega Evolutions, I think we will have a fair few from each region in these games nonetheless.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I hope most Hoenn Pokémon are in so we can finally write off remakes.

I'm expecting the regional dex to have around 300-400 Pokémon this time, although in the first set of games they always cut it low for some reason. With over 700 Pokémon, however, having a regional dex with only 150 Pokémon like in Unova would be silly IMO.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    I hope most Hoenn Pokémon are in so we can finally write off remakes.

I'm expecting the regional dex to have around 300-400 Pokémon this time, although in the first set of games they always cut it low for some reason. With over 700 Pokémon, however, having a regional dex with only 150 Pokémon like in Unova would be silly IMO.

I agree. B2/W2 broke 300, X/Y should break that too, hopefully even more. Whether or not they do find a way to hardcode backwards compatibility, it would be great to already have a good chunk of Pokemon already in X/Y's regional dex, especially for people like me who plan on catching them all for the first time. T'would be disappointing to see a number like 200.

Back