• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Blissey gain fairy-type?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Will Blissey gain fairy-type?

She looks more fairy than Clefable and she heal u too.

Years
    If Game Freak wanted to make Blissey a Fairy-type they should have done it when the type itself debuted, so it's unlikely they'll want to retcon it a generation later than the Fairy introduction. The only way I could see Blissey gaining Fairy-type is if she pulls an Audino and gains a Mega or something.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can see Blissey pulling an Audino with it's Mega's typing. Plain Audino and the Happiny line were part of my list of mons likely to get Fairy, and were the only ones not to get it. Even Mr. Mime which I hadn't expected got it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I can also see Blissey maybe getting a Mega for Fairy. But I am doubting any old pokemon will get Fairy, even though there was a good of pokemon who would have matched it. If they were going to, they would have with the others.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    If Game Freak wanted to make Blissey a Fairy-type they should have done it when the type itself debuted, so it's unlikely they'll want to retcon it a generation later than the Fairy introduction. The only way I could see Blissey gaining Fairy-type is if she pulls an Audino and gains a Mega or something.
    Getting a Mega Blissey.... Mega Blissey would be a monster & tank, think of all of the HP it'll gain.
    Considering Audino mega, Blissey could be next but Nintendo might not have a Mega Blissey because it's grounded by its own.

Years
    Getting a Mega Blissey.... Mega Blissey would be a monster & tank, think of all of the HP it'll gain.
    Considering Audino mega, Blissey could be next but Nintendo might not have a Mega Blissey because it's grounded by its own.

Remember that HP is the only stat that doesn't get increased as a result of Mega Evolution.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Remember that HP is the only stat that doesn't get increased as a result of Mega Evolution.
    But in general, Blissey is kinda well-rounded Pokémon to start off with, it have a wide variety of attacks and w/ its massive amount of HP and good enough Sp. Attack to sweep Pokémon. It already does a good amount on it's own :3

(but If Blissey gets a mega, they would increase it's very low attack and defense stats (and little more of the other stats), it'll just be a complete monster! :D)

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017

Mega Blissey is going to give me nightmares.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    If Sun/Moon players will be allowed to battle against Gen6 players, then no, I don't think any 'mons from Gens 1 to 6 will have changed/newly-additions to their types. :/

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I agree with the first few posts on this thread. Whilst her appearance makes sense to be a Fairy type, from a competitive side of things (which frankly, I don't care about) it would probably do more harm than good. I really love Blissey as a Pokemon, and I'd love to see her line gain the Fairy type, but I don't think it's really necessary. I feel if they wanted to do it, they'd have done it in Gen 6, seems like an obvious choice to simply skip over and forget.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It seems very unlikely to me that they would give any more old Pokemon the fairy type now. I'm sure if they felt Blissey should have been fairy during the development of X & Y then they would have changed it's typing then.

and I think Clefairy makes more sense to be a fairy type since you know....it's cute, pink and it has fairy in both it's name and species name. It's THE original fairy Pokemon. You don't get much more fairy than that.

Not that I think the Chansey line don't make sense as fairies, just that the Clefairy line has them beat on that front.

Back