• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Dragon Ball Z ever return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zet

Years
    i think DB is over cuz,in the last episode of GT,goku flies off with shenron/shenlong
    nd then u see his ansester fighting vegeta's,nd pan is old(like a grandma)
    ancestor means older generation

and DBZ will never return sadly, theres nothing to do any more

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    That movie better be good, or i'm gonna cry (Isn't there supposed to be TWO sequels?! they better be good too, or i'll cry a river.)

I doubt it. I think The DB Trilogy of movies will be out between now and 2015 and that will probably be it.

do not get your hopes up....and when i say up, i mean at all....this is a dragonball movie...but goku is in high school, and there are characters added to put teen drama there *bangs head against keyboard* frickin hollywood ruins anime movies......im so pissed as u can tell

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    do not get your hopes up....and when i say up, i mean at all....this is a dragonball movie...but goku is in high school, and there are characters added to put teen drama there *bangs head against keyboard* frickin hollywood ruins anime movies......im so pissed as u can tell

HOLLYWOOD IS EEEEEEEVIIILLLLL! EEEEEVIIIILL! Friggin hollywood does ruin way to much in anime and it sucks like my empty wallet!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    After seeing GT (though non-cannon) I would be disgusted if it makes a comeback.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm a huge fan of Dragonball, Dragonball Z & Dragonball GT and I would give anything for it to still be on air as a regular show. However, the ending of Dragonball GT was beautiful and if Goku and company were to make a comeback, it would more than likely be a failure thanks to continuity errors.

Years
    I would love to see a new DragonBall anime but a good one, DBZ was best really! Mabey some new characters would be cool however it looks like SS4 is the limit!

Orange-kun

ALL HAIL LELOUCH
    Years
    if they make a new dbz anime it is going to be bad and if they do at least they will have a new thing they can realize 50 times to milk us out of our money

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No, dragon ball is good enough, and it will squander its gift of greatness if they keep doing it.
    Goku left and that should be the end of it, besides after Z it went downhill.
    i didn't like GT that much, and if GT was bad, how about the new anime?
    besides, i think if they plan on it, they should make Super saiyan 5 or 6 by now(although its like 16 when vegeta and goku fuse).
    Its good, but they milked it enough.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    No, I dont think so. I highly dough Toriyama can come up with the design of a super saiyan 5 or 6 or any more fusions. Also, everybody is older and so are to old, like Goku and Vegeta. I think the series needed to end because it was going to far anyway, but I still love it and how games of it are still coming out even though its done with.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Guys I hate to burst your bubble but...

Will Dragon Ball Z ever return?

Dragonball(yes it's gonna be called Dragonball, not Dragonball Z) is being helped with by Akira. The story isn't revealed yet, but the Saiyan(yes a saiyan) you see in the picture's name is Table(Vege-Table). So...it's probably a relative to Vegeta.

The rest is misc minimovies that I have yet to hear info about yet.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2024
    That's just a short that (along with a One Piece short) will be shown during Jump Fiesta. Don't expect this to be the launch of a new series. I'm sure Toriyama doesn't mind a new project every now and then for commemorative purposes, but he will never personally work on another series and I think Toei animation also realizes that while the Dragonball franchise will probably always be popular in Japan, any new series will likely fall into the trappings that GT did.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    The movie looks lame... Hollywood is just annoying when it comes to their attempts at making motion pictures of old anime. Well... other than Transformers, but that aside...

I seriously think that Toriyama should have stopped at Dragonball. The series just got pathetic. Especially after the Cell Saga. He didn't even do GT. He refused to work on it and they got some guys who could mimic his art style to animate it. It was a atrocious waste of ink, in my opinion, and I am disappointed to now see new DBZ toys being advertised on Cartoon Network. *sigh*

Though a new Dragonball series sounds okay since Toriyama is going to help with it, at least.

Off-topic: I like the new Yu-Gi-Oh! concept with the motorcycles. The picture made me think of it. XD

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
    AHH GOD IM SO PISSED.

This movie is gonna suck balls. And the dragonball franchise was an important part of my childhood.
    I'd realy like it if they didnt ruin it with a modernnized movie. How about making a feature length Anime? Naruto and Pokemon have done it im sure Dragonball can.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    They have done plenty of feature-length anime movies for dragonball and the like. I wouldn't mind seeing a live-action movie if it were actually Japanese, I guess.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    they announced the actual date for the hollywood movie (i dont remeber it tho) but the first preview for it is gonna be a preview in the max payne movie (another craptastic waste of money)

:/ so yea, the apocolypse is coming in 09

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back