• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will u choose a different starter in platinum than the one u used in d/p?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    In Pearl I used Piplup but now this time I think I will switch to Chimchar because I love fire type Pokemon almost the best,but grass comes second always,and of course water the third.

Years
    I'm gonna go with Turtwig, chose Piplup in Pearl (got pearl cause I liked the idea of Mismagius better than Honchkrow) and that turned out well. Never been a fan of monkeys, and I've never chosen a fire starter. I always seem to alternate between grass and water, and not even consciously, I only noticed it when I chose Piplup. Bulbasaur in RBY, Totodile in GSC, Treecko in RSE and now Piplup in DPP. I figure I might as well stand up to tradition and choose Turtwig. XD

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Well,i chose Chimchar in Diamond. My little buddy,i can't believe i traded him. Yep, TLM get's attached to some poke's... I plan to pick Turtwig,Piplup in my opinion is terrible..

TLM

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    In my Diamond, I started with Piplup, so I'll probably start with either Chimchar or Turtwig, this time. However, given that there is a greater number of Fire types, this time around, (since the Platinum Sinnoh Dex has 210, instead of 150) I will likely go with Turtwig. Granted, I actually have the three Starters on my Diamond, so it wouldn't really matter, either way. XD

But for a change in pace, I might go for Turtwig, since I'd rather have the versitility in Water and Fire types.

Ocelot

Not your ordinary creep...
    Years
    Probably not. Chimchar's the one I chose in my Pearl game, and is the only starter I actually like in that region... Though, Turtwig's final evolution intrigues me. So, perhaps... I'll make that decision when I'm actually possessing a copy of Platinum.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    In Pearl, I went with Piplup, but in Platinum I'm going to go with Torterra so I can dominate with Earthquake without wasting the TM. (Which is reserved for a Gyarados, obviously. =3)

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    I think Turtwig is the cutest starter, but his 3rd evolution is slow and kinda ugly looking. He doesn't stay cute for long xD

Anyway, I think I might just pick Piplup this time since last time I chose Turtwig.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Yes and it will be Turtwig, because I have never had a grass type starter! I mostly choose Piplup in Pokemon Pearl and Torchic in Sapphire...and last Charmander in Pokemon Leaf Green.

Will u choose a different starter in platinum than the one u used in d/p? Will u choose a different starter in platinum than the one u used in d/p? Will u choose a different starter in platinum than the one u used in d/p? Will u choose a different starter in platinum than the one u used in d/p?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I chose Chose Chimchar just as I did in both Diampond and Pearl because I hate the other two types and they are ugly to me. Chimchar is just cute!^.^ Its not helping me beat Fatina though!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I'll still be using Piplup, as it's the most awesome starter to ever be created. *ever*

Years
    i already started with alll three of them i personally love turtwig and i plan to start with him but the one i got now is powerful enough so i will just use that one for in game

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I have always started with the Fire-Type, ever since Charmander. This has never changed in all my years as a Pokemon Trainer. So it won't stop with Platinum. ^^

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I find that water types are the best Pokemon to train and for me, they have always stood out and could always win. I know they have weakness but it has never been a big thing for my water types, but when I'm a fire or grass type, it never works as well.
    I would have no clue. I would prob go with Piplup again ot maybe Chimchar

Back