• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will you be getting a physical or digital copy?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I can play it sooner via digital as I have an Australian switch (so it hits midnight 'earlier' for where I currently am!) Plus I'll be busy that day and there's no decent preorder bonus I want for it here physically anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I plan on getting a preowned copy, so physical is basically the only option. Typically Pokémon games don't drop in price by much, but with the controversy around Sw/Sh I'm tentatively hoping I can get one cheaper within a year or so.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Physical copies of both versions. They're coming tomorrow. I want them on my shelf. Also, having figured out some manipulations with the Let's Go games, I prefer to have both games in a physical format if I want to keep trading with myself to complete the Pokédex on my own (just in case: it involves two Switches and two Nintendo accounts, so no mystery there) .

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I grabbed physical. Call me old fashioned, but I don't like the idea that I could buy something, and then have it only exist on a system that I don't have COMPLETE control of, you know?

Years
  • I love physical but unfortunately those are way more expensive here in Argentina so I've had to go all digital, I hope I can find a way to get this games in physical format at the normal price

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    Physical copy of shield i have refuse digital downloads for pokemon games.

Last edited:
    Back